PDA

View Full Version : The Time Devourer. HELP!

final boss
12-13-2003, 02:44 PM
How do I beat this guy? I just physically attack the guy for his first white innate and his yellow one. I cast Blue Whale on his red one and using Fargo's techs. Then I hope I get of lucky with Hellsoul if it misses. His Green innates the main problem. Sometimes I'll get off lucky if he doesn't cast OG. His blue innate, I just cast Salamander. I'm toast if he casts Black Hole during his Black innate. And I don't know about his final white one except that he uses white elements. I NEED HELP!:mad2:

final boss
12-14-2003, 01:26 AM
I'm sorry for double posting, but it's kinda of an emergency. I'm doing this so this will go noticed.

My problems are that during his green innate, he'll most likely cast Omega Green....TWICE! I'll have used my 2/3 of my revives! And then, he'll anniliate me using Black Hole in his black innate. My party is Serge, Fargo, and Orcha. Again sorry for double posting. And I can barely get fight random fights and get HP. What should I do.I NEED HELP!

Edgar
12-14-2003, 09:41 AM
There is an order to defeat him. The spells you and he cast must be in that order, you know, those symbols that appear at the top of the screen after using Elements while equipping the Chrono Cross? That's your clue.

You have to cast the spell in the order: Yellow > Red > Green >
Blue > Black > White > Chrono Cross. The problem is that Lavos would probably try to disrupt the sequence but I think that after casting a black element and then a white one (or the other way round), it will seal it's attacks.

However, it is possible to kill him physically, but you'll get a different ending.

final boss
12-14-2003, 12:34 PM
What the hell are you talking about? What are you talking about Lavos for?

Stayin Dizzy
12-19-2003, 06:30 PM
Goodness Final Boss, you're at the time devourer and you still don't know why hes talking about Lavos? The time Devourer was created in the result of Schala Zeal merging with Lavos. Edgar just explained how to get the TRUE ending by using the chrono cross.

ForeverZeroUltima
12-19-2003, 09:48 PM
actually, you must be fighting the Time Devourer on top of Terra Tower. Well, there are two Time Devourers. You're fighting the one in Another World, where its form is the dragons fused together. the REAL final boss is the one at Opassa Beach in the home world, and its form is Lavos with Schala trapped inside.

and so you don't have to worry about what Edgar said about casting those elements in an order for now. against the other time devourer you might have to

but anyway, i just used Serge, Kid, and Glenn (or Karsh, if i didn't get Glenn). I equipped everyone with Dendorite or Rainbow items, lots of healing elements, i had ONLY two revives, and strong level 4-6 elements. (iceblast, magmaburst, aeroblaster, meteorshower, deluge, inferno, carnivore, holylight, freefall, earthquake) I hit her with the opposite element of what she is at the time, and she switched between colors pretty quickly.

And if you're still having trouble because of her elements doing tons of damage, just cast Diminish at the beginning of the fight and you'll be fine. (Diminish halves all element damage [it says it does it temporarily, but i find it to last throughout the whole battle])

good luck

final boss
12-19-2003, 09:48 PM
That was because I thought he was talking about the one at Terra Tower. I just beat the game, so I know what your talking about. I didn't know anything about Lavos and Schala.