PDA

View Full Version : Any purpose?

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Does the open chest in the Corel Desert Prison serve any purpose? I've heard rumours that if you reach that point within a time limit the chest is closed, but I don't believe this rumour. Is it something the programmers left out because they ran out of time?

DocFrance
12-13-2003, 11:49 PM
If you get there within 30 minutes of game time, you can revive Aeris. Now go spread that rumor all over the internet, please.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-14-2003, 02:04 AM
It's nothing.

DMKA
12-14-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by DocFrance
If you get there within 30 minutes of game time, you can (SPOILER)revive Aeris . Now go spread that rumor all over the internet, please.
I'm sure that rumor has been done already. If not, congradulations on another rumor about that certain person.

Psychotic
12-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be something in there, like an enemy on the Japanese version, or an early Japanese version of the game? Down the well there were supposedly enemies called "Test0" who had a vast amount of HP, didn't attack the party, showed up in large groups and gave away huge EXP. But that was apparently only in the Japanese version like I said, so don't go looking for them or something.

Or, a more logical explanation could be that as it's a prison, someone's probably already stolen what was in there!

one_winged_angel
12-14-2003, 09:45 PM
I think the chest is just there to symbolise that dyne has already been down here. I seem to remember somehow the first time i completed the game i found something to associate the character with the chest but when i have tried to find it again it has not been there :-/

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Test 0 could indeed be fought at the bottom of the well in the beta release, but they had nothing to do with the chest. I think it's indeed just supposed to indicate that the prison is a den of thieves.

Mo-Nercy
12-16-2003, 04:44 AM
I think it's indeed just supposed to indicate that the prison is a den of thieves.
Yes, it takes a real clever and cunning thief to open a treasure chest.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-16-2003, 08:22 PM
That's not the point. The point is that, everywhere else in the world, all the townspeople respect that the heroes are the only ones who should go around opening treasure chests. That sort of honor doesn't exist in the Corel Prison, hence the opened chest.

Shoeberto
12-17-2003, 08:51 PM
You can fight the Test 0 in the debug room via a Game Shark. They each have 1 HP and don't attack. If you fight them, you can get up to level 100 in like 6 battles, then start a new game. I was able to do it before some jerk stole my Game Shark :(