PDA

View Full Version : Spirit and Vitality

Zeidrich
12-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Can anyone tell me what vitality and spirit do? Its always been a guddle to me.

Danger
12-14-2003, 06:20 PM
Which FF game you talking about? They're all different in some ways.

Ummmm, well here's a brief description of the general terms.... Vitality is kinda llike a persons health. It can be interchanged with the the term stamina some times. Basically is how tough you are. In games this can mean that higher Vitality Characters simply get more hit points (I think this is more common), or Higher vitality characters have better defense (FFVIII has this in its junction system, I'm not sure about other games).

Spirit is usually a measure of magic power in a Character, how strong the characters inner soul is. Again, it varies in the games, but it deals with magic defense in FFVIII and (black?) magic power in FFIV.

I'm kinda sketchy on its exact effect in all the games it exists in, but an easy way to find out is to look at your characters attributes and use common sense to figure out the rest. A good example is FFIV: look at Rosas stats, she is a White mage and willl have high stats in the catagories that deal with white magic. Rydia is primarily a black mage and will have high stats in those areas. In job system games, give a person one job, look at their attributes and give them another job and see what happens to those attributes, games like FFV modify the attributes of people that take certain job classes to make them more "specialized".

TheSpoonyBard
12-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Vitality is a character's effectivness at defending against physical attacks - higher Vitality means less damage taken.
Spirit is a character's effectivness at defending against magical attacks - higher Spirit means less damage taken. Spirit can also affect things like the number of Critical hits a character lands, as well as theit ability to steal items, but this can also be linked to their Luck stat.