PDA

View Full Version : Orlandu uber alles

RAVAGER
12-14-2003, 07:10 PM
having played fft a few times, I think that Orlandu is the strongest character: his knight abilities have no equals and using excalibur, with haste is the best character in the game

unknown88
12-14-2003, 10:38 PM
It took you that long:(

Orlandu is uber-brokenness. He makes the game easy. he can win fights alone (I tried and won). Orlandu alone can make all of your other characters obsolete, he is that strong.

Ramza_Beouvle
12-15-2003, 05:09 AM
...Really, sometimes he even makes the game boring. I did one Night Sword and it took out a Sacred in just one hit! It was so easy, that it wasn't even funny.

DocFrance
12-15-2003, 05:58 AM
Pfft. Mustadio can take him down if he snipes his arm.

Besides, she might not be as good in battle, but Agrias is a much better character.

Edgar
12-15-2003, 06:03 AM
Orlandu lack some abilities I think. I strongly feel that Ramza would kill him; the Wiegraf battle is the proof for this.

If you allow other class abilities, give Ramza Maintainance and Damage Split. Otherwise, just keep yelling his head off until he has like 50 speed.

Cloud has a chance to beat him but with Orlandu break weapons ability, all is lost.

Meliadoul lack one speed to par with Orlandu, so she'll lose. Can't understand how someone that old have 10 speed.

Outsider
12-15-2003, 06:14 AM
Beowulf can defeat anyone... I mean it, ANYONE

Edgar
12-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Beowulf is a different story. I've to check his range, his speed, hell everything :P

DocFrance
12-16-2003, 12:21 AM
I'm tellin' ya, Mustadio could take him on any day.

unknown88
12-16-2003, 11:36 PM
It all depends on who's faster, Mustadio can only beat him if he can actually get haste, or its over since Orlandu has the Excalibur. Beowulf vs Orlandu is almost even.
I think that Zalbag or Balbanes could take him on, the storyline says they have a record like him.

Edgar: Neither do I understand how can somebody so old be so fast, or so strong, unless he was even stronger when he was young, then that would really make him TG Cid.

Outsider
12-17-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by unknown88
Beowulf vs Orlandu is almost even.

I dunno, it would depend on the circumstances... Beowulf could win (that Magic Sword technique is great), and Orlandu wouldn't finish him in a single blow, so Beowulf would have the chance to use Shock, Petrify, Sleep, Drain, or something like that.

But now that I'm really thinking about it, Beowulf depends on MP, while Orlandu doesn't... So Orlandu still has some advantage (Dark Sword)... Beowulf without his MP is only a good Knight...

Ah, at least Beowulf is very cool!

DocFrance
12-17-2003, 05:58 AM
For simplicity's sake, let's say that they're both at opposite ends of the battlefield, they have no abilities except their innate action set, and they have no equipment except their best weapon.

Mustadio would win for sure.

Edgar
12-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Orlandu would just do some Divine Sword attack and Beowulf is dead. At least, that's what I would think.

unknown88
12-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
For simplicity's sake, let's say that they're both at opposite ends of the battlefield, they have no abilities except their innate action set, and they have no equipment except their best weapon.

Mustadio would win for sure.

With that simplicity, Worker 8 can beat anyone with one blow.

Every character is sorta balanced since they all have some sort of weakness, is just that Orlandu overshadows a great mayority of characters, he's balanced but what breaks him is that he comes with Excalibur, a very denenerate sword which I often consider the best weapon in the game (because of haste), even better than Chaos blade since both swords will kill just about everyone in one shot anyways..

Outsider
12-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Edgar
Orlandu would just do some Divine Sword attack and Beowulf is dead. At least, that's what I would think.

Well, I'm considering that both of them are trained, so they would have the basics (maintenance, for example)... They would have some good equipment, too...

Otherwise let's just get them both stripped of all equipment and abilities, and let them punch each other until the sunset...

unknown88
12-19-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Outsider
Well, I'm considering that both of them are trained, so they would have the basics (maintenance, for example)... They would have some good equipment, too...

Otherwise let's just get them both stripped of all equipment and abilities, and let them punch each other until the sunset...

Orlandu would still win, he has more HP, more brave (important in punches) and more power, but then any random monster would beat any character.

Rowen
04-22-2004, 04:18 AM
Ramza could win if he had his own dam special class.

****in guts who the **** cares about guts.

if yell is so good give Ramza his own class and allow it to have yell.

...ooh look at Ramza hes so good cuz hes a ****in squire and a bag of chips.

Del Murder
04-22-2004, 05:07 AM
Watch the cursing, we don't allow it at this board. Also, do not post in 4 month old threads, especially if you have nothing constructive to add.