PDA

View Full Version : n00b Questions

Serphis
12-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Hey guys n gals
Im just up to the bit in Maranda ( i think ) where the house is on fire. Is it still possible to get a Drill and Chainsaw for Edgar?
If so, where do i get them? I dont have a clue, and i dont think the walkthrough mentions :(

TheAbominatrix
12-14-2003, 07:57 PM
Not at this very moment, but once you're free to wander again, simply purchase the Drill from the store inside Figaro castle.

For the Chainsaw, go to Zozo, and inside the building... I believe it's the one marked 'Cafe', but I could be wrong, but anyway there's a clock and nothing else in the room. Set the time to 6:10:50 (I believe, if I'm wrong someone will correct me) and a passage will open up. Head through there and you'll find the chainsaw in a treasure chest.

Serphis
12-14-2003, 08:27 PM
thx a bunch, as soon as i can kill this big fire boss il go get them, *lol*

Strider
12-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Just as a side note, if you put Edgar at the head of your party, you can buy anything at Figaro Castle for half-price.

"I can't take money from the King!"
"Look, don't you have a family? Just shut up and take it."

And I figure it'd be obvious, but using ice weapons and Shiva on the source of the fire in Thamasa makes life a lot easier, as well as Morphing Terra to up her magic power.

Serphis
12-14-2003, 09:22 PM
i was doing that, but while i can only have terra morphed for a few seconds, leavin no chance to attack while in her 'other' state

TheAbominatrix
12-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Dont morph Terra often. The more battle you have her unmorphed in, the longer she can stay morphed when you need her. Her magic is still high in her normal state, have her use ice 2 if she has it. Also if you pick up any ice rods (they sell them in the weapons shop and you can find some in the burning house), use them in battle. Make sure Terra or Strago use them (preferably Terra), because their high magic abilities will effect the strength of them.

Serphis
12-14-2003, 10:52 PM
past that bit on 3rd try, kept using terra for cure, while using Lockes attack but he had some ice weapon, and Strago's aqua thing.

anyway, back to the weapons, im in Zozo and checked all around inside the cafe building, but found no clocks...where is it anyone?

1 more thing, theres a door rusted shut at the top of the cafe building..this is probably the room. i checked on rare items on this site, and there is one for removing rust..where do i find it plz?

TheAbominatrix
12-14-2003, 10:54 PM
Check all the buildings. You'll know which one is right the minute you walk in, the clock is the only thing in the entire room, and the only stairs are on the secret passageway.

Outsider
12-14-2003, 10:57 PM
You can get the rust remover with that guy dressed as a merchant and that used to say "This place is dangerous"

Serphis
12-14-2003, 11:02 PM
first off, there are only 2 buildings to enter...the one which had terra in before, and the cafe...

second, the only guy i see dressed as a merchant is lying on the floor and says "Great people here"

TheAbominatrix
12-14-2003, 11:10 PM
There are two more buildings in the back of the town. Look harder. Actually three, if I remember right. Explore the town.

And yes, what Outsider said is right, but you cant get it yet. The right door will be past the "This place is dangerous!" guy, though.

Serphis
12-14-2003, 11:12 PM
i can see a merchant now walking round some flowers, so i think i got that sorted...

right guys, thx, i got it now....didnt know u could walk down the side of the cafe to the rest of the town :rolleyes2 now to see if i can find the shop in figaro, lol - last time i looked a guy said they send there stuff to south figaro...so is it the castle or south figaro i need to be checking?

Edit by Kishi: No double-posting.

Strider
12-14-2003, 11:25 PM
You can buy stuff at both places, but it'll be cheaper with Edgar leading your party at Figaro Castle.

Serphis
12-14-2003, 11:26 PM
doesnt matter, found it....found 2 doors i didnt know existed.

i really gotta start lukin around abit better, lol

TheAbominatrix
12-14-2003, 11:27 PM
You can only buy the drill in the castle. In the main hallway where the Chancellor guy walks around, there's two rooms, the one on the right is the tools shop.

Explore every place you go very thoroughly, or you'll end up missing out on a lot.

Serphis
12-14-2003, 11:42 PM
now another n00b question...how do you buy golem at the auction, or rather how do you determine when he'll be there?

I went and auctioned for him once, and i didnt have enough...so i reloaded my save which was before he got sold, got loadsa dough and came back. i bought zoneseek, but now only cherub downs are been auctioned...

TheAbominatrix
12-14-2003, 11:44 PM
You just have to keep going, there's nothing that determines whether or not you'll get the magicite. Sometimes it will happen quickly, others it can take a long time. Just keep going back to the auction, it will happen eventually.

DocFrance
12-15-2003, 05:54 AM
Yep, it's random. You can also get the Zoneseek magicite there.

Edgar
12-15-2003, 06:08 AM
*carries a pile of 99 Hero Rings*
Edgar: Right, that's enough you clod, I want my MAGICITE!

I hate the auction house; I keep getting those darn Hero Rings. Just be prepare to face frustration :)

Serphis
12-15-2003, 11:20 AM
i already faced it with this woman who can "buy everything"....if she can buy everything why the hell does she only get damn cherub downs??????:rolleyes2

Edgar
12-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Cherub Downs? What are those?

Outsider
12-17-2003, 04:14 PM
It's a relic that makes you float wwhen equipped