PDA

View Full Version : star ocean 3

NAILBAT
12-15-2003, 03:23 AM
dammit i want this damn game so freaking bad...and yet they keep pushing it back...anyone know the offical release now?...I guess tokyo x racer3 and FF-X2 will have to keep me occupied for awhile:(

Jalbrean
12-15-2003, 04:58 AM
I don't believe there is an official date. It's speculated to be coming out in February, but until Square-Enix says for sure i'm not going to get my hopes up.

I've been waiting for what seems like forever for this game. I'll just continue to listen to it's soundtrack and wait... -sigh- erg.

Shlup
12-15-2003, 07:45 AM
If they push the release date back one more time I'm going to kick someone in their soft spot. :aimmad:

According to EBGames.com the current release date is Feb. 3rd.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-15-2003, 07:51 AM
That just figures. The day before that we'll undoubtedly get caught in a time loop as in Groundhog Day and have to wait even longer.

TheAbominatrix
12-15-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
That just figures. The day before that we'll undoubtedly get caught in a time loop as in Groundhog Day and have to wait even longer.

:D

I'm really really looking forward to this game. It just needs to hurry up and be released.

stuffing
12-18-2003, 12:29 AM
just think about this, the longer you wait, the better its going to be :)

Lord Chainsaw
12-18-2003, 06:44 PM
I hope it has some references to Star Ocean: The Second Story.

Indalecio is my favorite villain of all time, I hope they at least mention him in it.

Big Ogre Umaro
01-02-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Lord Chainsaw
I hope it has some references to Star Ocean: The Second Story.

Indalecio is my favorite villain of all time, I hope they at least mention him in it. Why? Who the hell cares?

Lord Chainsaw
01-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Star Ocean: The Second Story had some reference to the original, namely Ronixis Kenni.

I would like to see some reference, such as this in Till the End of Time.

I for one "care".

Indalecio was a very well done villain, but you just had to go through sidequests to unlock his past. That is obviously something you didn't do.

And I'm a bit curious, who is your favorite villain? I'm sure I could grind him into the dust. And please for the love of god don't say Sephiroth.

Aerio
01-03-2004, 10:07 PM
*raises hands* I hate sephiroth and FF7. If i don't go with FFs ill say i liked Legend of Dragoon's Moon Child thingy (been awhile can't remember name) and Lloyd. With FFs I dunno...Anyways I never really got into Star OCeans...are they great games?

TheAbominatrix
01-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Star Ocean games are incredible. Until yesteday I'd only played The Second Story, but I picked up the rom translation of the first one from www.dejap.com Check it out. The games are very similiar, and very fun. The battle is real-time (mostly), character development stays pretty deep despite the number of characters it's possible to get, and there's all sorts of fun skills to play with.

Lord Chainsaw
01-06-2004, 01:06 AM
I'm very interested in playing the first one, but I have no clue on how to work that file in the link.

crono_logical
01-06-2004, 12:58 PM
dejap only has translation patches of games - you still need to get hold of the original japanese ROM from somewhere else to use the patch with.

TheAbominatrix
01-06-2004, 01:01 PM
www.edgeemu.com is where I got mine.

To sum up what the dejap readme file says:
Make sure you have the newest version of snes9x
Whatever the file name of the rom is, rename the patch file the same.

And that should be it. I had a bit of trouble because my snes9x was old, but other than that its easy. And it's definitly worth it.

Jalbrean
01-15-2004, 12:22 AM
Well we now know that the release date isn't Feb, as Square-Enix announced Drakengard will be their first title of 2004, and it's being released March 2nd.

Egh I'm betting the rumored June release date is when we're gonna get it. I won't mind too much as long as we get the Directors Cut. =\

Jalbrean
02-24-2004, 03:27 AM
Finally Square-Enix has given us the month it'll be released, and we are getting the Directors Cut. Woo!

Star Ocean 3 Coming Stateside In August
By David Smith
2/23/2004

After well over a year of speculation, Square Enix USA today confirmed an American release for Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, the first PlayStation 2 RPG from Valkyrie Profile developer tri-Ace. The Director's Cut version of the third Star Ocean RPG will arrive in North America this August.

Though the original version of Till the End of Time arrived in Japan all the way back in last February, its developer wasn't happy with the version that saw release for more than a few reasons. The fatal crash bugs in the first run of the game drew plenty of media attention, but there were also many bits of game content that had to be cut to make a February release.

tri-Ace thus took the game back to the shop for several months, adding new characters, new story elements, new cinematics, a new Vs. battle mode using the game's realtime action combat system, and other extra features.

Square Enix USA's announcement makes note of one minor name change in the localization. The main character, called "Fate Linegod" in the Japanese version of the game, now bears the slightly more distinctive given name "Fayt." The "Linegod" part is unchanged, though, and his quest is the same, to find his lost family after they're separated by an alien invasion.

Now that its stateside release has been confirmed, we'll have many more details on Star Ocean in the coming months (one more bit for now: it will have a T-for-Teen rating). Look forward to it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-24-2004, 04:06 AM
Yeah, I liked that.

DJZen
02-24-2004, 06:17 AM
Star Ocean is one of those games I just can't play. I just don't have the time. The gameplay is too deep and complex to get through in an amount of time that's realistic for me. This is the only thing I hate about RPGs. You can't play them and have a social life at the same time. *sigh*

Big Ogre Umaro
02-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Lord Chainsaw
Star Ocean: The Second Story had some reference to the original, namely Ronixis Kenni.

I would like to see some reference, such as this in Till the End of Time.

I for one "care".

Indalecio was a very well done villain, but you just had to go through sidequests to unlock his past. That is obviously something you didn't do.

And I'm a bit curious, who is your favorite villain? I'm sure I could grind him into the dust. And please for the love of god don't say Sephiroth. Wow, I never saw this post. I'm glad I came back to this thread randomly. I sure am happy that there are guys like you on the Internet to put wimps like me in our place. Your blind flailing attempt to bruise my ego has proven that you are a brilliant young mind, and the fact that you care about a video game villain enough to vocally ponder about references to him in a new video game is not indicative of a sad, lonely individual as I had previously thought, but rather is proof that you are, indeed, the master of video games. I apologize for questioning you, as your Internet Trash Talk has broken my spirit.

Please, Lord Chainsaw, lead us into a new Golden Age of electronic discourse and video gaming.

And, for the record, my favorite video game villain is you. I hope your offer still stands.