PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone verify this? (SPOILERS)

Zeidrich
12-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Is it just me or does Squall die in the ending sequence and is then brought back to life magically by light and flowers and Rinoa?

blitzballstar01
12-15-2003, 10:52 PM
thats exactly what i was thinking too. theres no actuall evidence of this, its actually kind of up to the players information. it does really look like he dies and when rinoa finds him, it brings him back to life. thats what i think, but no definate proof there.

TheAbominatrix
12-18-2003, 03:22 AM
I dont see how she could bring him back to life if he died. It just doesnt make sense. I simply saw it as him giving up, perhaps even passing out or simply laying down to die in despair, but Rinoa shows up and he's no longer alone, so he gets up.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-18-2003, 03:31 AM
Exactly. If he had died for any amount of time, it would have been really obvious and rightfully melodramatic.

Rostum
12-18-2003, 03:44 AM
That and at the very end, after the credits, you see Rinoa and Squall (smiling at each other) on the balcony on Balamb Garden, I think they kiss too. Well I don't know if that just symbolizes something or what, but to me I think he's alive.

DJZen
12-18-2003, 04:42 AM
I think it's more about resigning himself to being alone or something. Don't ask me though, I thought the whole love storyline was pretty bad. Anyhoo, I figure Squall gave up, then remembered Rinoa and decided he couldn't give up because he had something to live/fight/whatever for.

Gregory
12-21-2003, 07:01 PM
I think it's her seeing his ghost. Don't ask me. I'm not a Squaresoft employee. Y' know, the only people who can actually beat the game are Squaresoft employees. Like Omega Weapon being dead in one attack. (Ya right!) My ghost theory stands to me, but hell, everyone has their opinions.