PDA

View Full Version : Your magic using techniques

Xander
12-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Which magic did you choose to assign to the shortcut buttons for Sora, or did you change it depending on your situation?

I always keep Cure/Cura on button X...easiest for me to remember when I'm desperate and need to cast it :p
I usually have Fira on the Triangle because... I don't know, if I use any spells in general fights it's usually because I'm trying to get something to die quickly, so I just use Fira.
The other button I used to keep Thunder on, but recently I've put Aero there because I've found that in boss fights I need to cast this to help defend myself..

Sometimes I change the Triangle button to a different spell such as Stopra or Gravity in a boss fight if I think they might be more useful.

Overall in boss fights I tend to save magic for healing which is why I keep defensive spells on the shortcut buttons... I find that this is the most important to be able to do quickly when you are low on HP. I do wish you could cast all spells this quickly though, as I find it takes too long sometimes going through the list while being attacked. >< So my personal strategy ends up being just to attack a lot and save MP for healing :p

ChibiInuYasha
12-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Yeh, I always keep Cure on X. Fire on Square even though I never use it, and Aero on Triangle.

m4tt
12-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Cure spell, Aero spell and Gravity spell. I don't know which buttons though.

Psychotic
12-16-2003, 03:46 PM
I have cure on X, because it's easy to remember, Aero on Square and Fire on Triangle.
I only use Aero sometimes if I'm fighting Sephiroth, I often use Cure, but it's a very rare occurance for me to cast Fire.

Dew Tears
12-16-2003, 10:51 PM
I have Curaga on X because X tends to be my "panic button", whether it be like I'm about to die or that the boss is vulnerable for a split second. Square button wields Aeroga and Triangle has Gravity or Fire, it changes according to whatever I feel like changing it to.

SeeDRankLou
12-16-2003, 11:16 PM
I always put the Cure spells on X. I just seem to have the quickest reflex to push X for some reason. So, the faster the Cure, the less you die, right.

The other two change depending on how I feel and what accessories I am using. If I am using accessories to make my MP very high, then I always put Thunder on [], because Thundaga will rip through a group of enemies in about a second. And I put either Gravity or Stop on Triangle depending on how I feel. If I have accessories to make my strength very high, then I put Aero on [], and usually Fire on Triangle incase I need magic for something, it seems to be the quickest to cast.

Advent Child
12-16-2003, 11:18 PM
I have Cure on X, Fire on Square, and Thunder on Triangle. Thundeer for big mobs, fire for fast kill, and cure for.. cure.

Sefie1999AD
12-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ChibInuYasha
Yeh, I always keep Cure on X. Fire on Square even though I never use it, and Aero on Triangle.

This config is also what I use.

DJZen
12-18-2003, 04:18 AM
X - Curaga
[] - Aeroga (square looks kinda like a "block", get it?)
^ - Blizzaga, I like its shotgun like aspect :)

I don't really use much magic other than cure and aero spells. Offensive magic seriously lacks punch.

cloudfan
12-18-2003, 05:15 AM
x i use curaga
square i use aeroga
tri i use thunder (easy to use wen trying 2 do hades cup because u find that thunder will basicly kill a of the heartless in 1 try)

Ouch!
12-21-2003, 10:59 PM
Cure -> X
Aero -> [ ]
Blizzard/Thunder -> /\

I liked blizzard and thunder early on, they were useful at the beginning if you started as a caster. Made the beginning painfully easy that way. But later on, I only found myself using Cure and an occasional Aero.

SomethingBig
12-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Cure/Cura/Curaga - X
Aero/Aerora(?) - Square
Gravija - Triangle

I never used any of the other spells because they were just so darn weak.

Lord Xehanort
01-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Cross button---- Curaga
Triangle button- Firaga
Square button-- Blizzaga

The only one I ever use is Curaga. I prefer to run into a group of enemies with my sword drawn and banner flying. Besides, Donald can handle attack magic. If he runs low on MP, Goofy uses MP Gift. The only move I have him use that consumes MP.