PDA

View Full Version : Sorceress Adel

selphie666
12-16-2003, 12:20 AM
Does anyone know how to beat sorceress Adel on disc 3? I fought her about ten times and she either ends up killling me or I end up killing Rinoa.:mad2:

Mo-Nercy
12-16-2003, 04:34 AM
Cast Regen on Rinoa first. You can get those at FH. Avoid using Renzokuken since you may hurt Rinoa with a Fated Circle/Blasting Zone. Make one party member Irvine, since he can choose his target for his limit break and use another a healer. Adel should be dead pretty easily. Just heal frequently.

selphie666
12-17-2003, 02:37 AM
Thanks. So, basically, all I have to do is constantly heal Rinoa and try to stay alive but do you know if Adel has a weakness?

DocFrance
12-17-2003, 05:55 AM
Scan her and find out.

BG-57
12-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Don't junction anything to your elemental attack.

And avoid using attacks that affect all your opponents.

Physical attacks are the best way to go IMHO.

BTW, it is worth your while to mug Rinoa. ;)

Mo-Nercy
12-19-2003, 03:17 AM
http://home.iprimus.com.au/lyxia/screenshots/breastimplants.jpg

And remember that picture as you battle.

ShivaBlizzard8
12-19-2003, 05:41 AM
I just always have one character with the "recover" command junctioned to them, so I begin by casting regen on Rinoa, using Squall's limit break against Adel, then casting "recover" on Rinoa so that she gets all of her hit points back. The other characters just hit Adel with physical attacks, and the sorceress went down in about 5 minutes. I suppose it helped that Rinoa has the highest HP of any of my characters - 9999. She has HP+80% junctioned to her, as well as 100 Full-Life junctioned to her HP.

Gregory
12-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Follow these guidelines and you'll be safe sailing: 1. Adel will absorb Rinoa w/ a magic spell, so cast Shell/Regen. 2. Flare and other single powerful magics are suggested. 3. Continue to cast the Shell/Regen combo, or if you want to be safe, use Recover. 4. Use shell on your party as well cuz the sorceress uses nothing but weak magic. 4. Avoid GFs other than Cerberus. Carbuncle can reflect Adels magic towards Rinoa. 5. DON'T LET DOWN YOUR GUARD UNTIL ADEL'S DEAD!!! Can I possibly highlight this more???? So, don't rush the battle, use attacks often, and don't let her risk Rinoa and the crew. Hope this helps.

lionslash
12-24-2003, 05:13 PM
So by this time you probably have Eden right? DON'T USE HER! Squall should have lionheart, use limit breaks, but make sure regen is on Rinoa, just in case he uses Blade Beam or something. Keep attacking with everybody, and she will fall easily, after all, she only has 50,000 HP. If you fought Ultima Weapon, that is nothing.

selphie666
01-03-2004, 03:40 AM
Okay, that's all great advice (and the breast implant picture was funny) but the problem is that I'm not very patient. My characters are all barely on level 40 and Adel always ends up killing Quistis first when she uses Meteor. I've kind of already found out about Carbuncle reflecting on Rinoa and I don't know who Eden is. The GFs I have are Quezacotl, Shiva, Siren, Ifrit, Brothers, Diablos, Carbuncle, Cerberus, Pandemona, Alexander, Odin (except it's not Odin, it's the guy who takes over after Odin dies), and Cactaur. I know there's a couple GFs in the Deep Sea Research place but I can't figure out what to do in there. I usually avoid junctioning to elemental or attack or whatever because it gets too confusing, and when I scan Adel it doesn't tell me what her HP is. So, really, I think that I'm a hopeless amateur when it comes to this game.

Mo-Nercy
01-03-2004, 04:01 AM
Well, it should go without saying that using a GF on Adel would be incredibly stupid. (ah, but I did just say it didn't I?)

The draw points in the Lunatic Pandora re-stock really fast. To my recollection, there should be a Meteor draw point just below the screen with the three elevators (and a Curaga, get some of those too), on the stairs. You might need to use that ability that reveals hidden save points and draw points (I'm sorry, I forgot the name)

Anyhoo, draw Meteor. Walk around for a couple of screens. Come back, redraw. Be patient, stock everyone up to the max. Then junction Meteor to your attack stat. Hopefully, that will give you enough strength to defeat Adel.

PhoenixAsh
01-03-2004, 10:38 AM
That Meteor draw point is good, but if you have the patience, equip Encounter None and go back to the world map (if you still can) and search the Islands of Heaven and Hell for hidden draw points. Alternate between them and the Ultima draw point in Shumi village and they should refresh without too much standing around.
If that's too much effort then use curative magic refinement in the abilities menu and see what you can get hold of. I can't remember exactly, but you should have enough tents to get a fair few Curagas, and they should do for now (though I'd strongly recommend going back out and getting better prepared for disc 4). Junction whatever you can to get your characters HP up and maybe Vit too (given your getting killed off by meteor). Then put whatever gives the best effect on Squall's strength and she shouldn't be a problem at all.

Singing_Wings
01-03-2004, 10:42 PM
I usually do kamikaze on Adel which does a whole lot of damage, then I just finish her off with two of my other strongest characters. You lose a person if you do kamikaze though...

selphie666
01-04-2004, 04:41 AM
Okay, so, first question: people keep telling me to use Meteor, but wouldn't that hurt Rinoa, too?
Second question: what does Kamikaze do?
Third question: does anybody know what Adel's HP is?
Oh, and Move-Find is what you use to find hidden draw points, Al Bhed.

Shockwave Pulsar
01-04-2004, 05:02 AM
1.- I think they are not telling you to use the magic, but to junction it in order to raise your strength and consecuently get more chances to beat adel.
2.- Kamikaze will cause extreme damage but permanently remove the character from battle. Even though it's probably the best card you can use to beat adel.
3.- That depends, because as you know monsters level up along with you. however i've seen in many sites that the hp range is between 6000 and 51000.

selphie666
01-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Okay, I finally gave in and checked my friend's FF8 guidebook and it wasn't much help either. All it said was to cast regen on all the characters and keep attacking, but that's only if you have really high HP and my characters don't so I'm thinking that I'll probably have to start over and just get my characters' levels up. Besides, I want to get the characters all of the really good weapons mentioned in Weapons Monthly first issue, so maybe that will help too.:D

Iceglow
01-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Easy:
1) don't use any magic that effects all enemies otherwise you'll hit Rinoa with it.

2) Junction a couple of GF's to Rinoa by then you should have all of them so theres two each for the characters (all party members wether fighting or not)

3) Cast Curaga on Rinoa as Adel steals her life another way is to cast Regen on her as well.

4) have Irvine in your party as he is the most important character in this battle, make sure he has the Exeter rifle (ULTIMATE) and some Pulse ammo (this because it does 9999 damage per hit) Cast Aura on him too as then limit break more often (like every turn) use shot as it can be targeted just make sure to use the targetting window for it (press L1 in battle)

5) Don't let Irvine die or Rinoa die keep scanning Rinoa to get her health

6) Only use normal attacks with Quistis and Squall (this is two members of the party pre-determined your party prior to this should be Squall, Rinoa and Irvine.

7) plug away with the Aura, Shot, Pulse ammo combination untill Adel dies

Singing_Wings
01-12-2004, 09:40 PM
First time when I had to battle Adel I had to start the entire game all over again because my characters weren't strong enough. I got really frustrated when I couldn't bring her down because I got really stuck up on using GFs and I'm not use to not using them. >_<

Shockwave Pulsar
01-12-2004, 11:54 PM
The same thing happened to me. Only that instead of starting over i just got the lionhart.

Lord Xehanort
01-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Ok. Junction 100 Quakes to Zell's Strength. You can get this magic by refining the Sacred card (red armored Brother) into 100 Dino Bones which you then refine into 20 Quakes each using I believe Time/Space refine ability learned from Diablos. Then, junction Catuar GF to Squall (or whoever has the most HP [you can junction Curaga, Tornado, Life, Full-Life or Ultima to HP to crank it]{also, the Brothers HP+80%}) and Kamikaze Adel. This should do at least 36000. Then have Zell (who should have a Str. of about 255 now) pummel Adel with physical attacks. Also, I believe that you can target one enemy for Duel. (Zell's Limit Break) If so, DO IT! Have your third character use healing items/magic on Rinoa. Adel should fall and you should laugh at how fast this works.

Also, you may want to restart your game since you missed out on Leviathan. I heard that you can get him in Ultimecia's Castle though. So you can wait. (maybe) Also, don't bother with the Deep Sea Research Center for Eden. Draw him from Tiamat in Ulti's Castle. But do go to the Deep Sea Research Center for Bahamut. Go to the Island Closest to Hell and kill things for tons of EXP so you can get to level 100. And tell me that you got Laguna's card from Ellone. It refines into 100 Heroes which makes the final battle a snap.

I am done preaching.

Erdrick Holmes
01-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Try casting meltdown on Adel, have somebody with recover cast it on Rinoa periodically, have Irvine use his limit break alot but be sure you use AP ammo so you don't accidentally hit Rinoa.

Lord Xehanort
01-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Joel, she missed Leviathan. Post a different strategy. (but the Meltdown thing is true, that will make Zell rawk her [explitive deleted])

selphie666
01-27-2004, 01:44 AM
Hey, Ansem, I have Leviathan now since I started over. Also, what did you mean by "the island closest to hell"? because I really need to get my characters' EXP up. I don't have the Laguna card. When can I get it from Ellone? Oh, and I'm not planning on using Irvine, Joel, because I don't like his attitude. ^_^ it's a weird thing I have, I hardly ever use Irvine because I don't like him.

Stayin Dizzy
01-27-2004, 02:15 AM
theres two islands with extreme monsters, not to mention that the eintire island is covered in hidden draw points (on the worrld map there are hidden draw points everywhere). These two islands are the island closest to heaven and the island closest to hell. I'm giving you a link to someones site, and they've graciously mapped out all the world map drawpoints, and show you where these two islands are.

Islands and draw points (http://members.fortunecity.com/butterflysedge/worldmap.html)

if the link doesnt work go to http://members.fortunecity.com/butterflysedge/worldmap.html

Shockwave Pulsar
01-27-2004, 02:38 AM
You can get laguna's card playing ellone in the space.
Ellone can only be challenged a few time on the ship i would do it when you first meet her in her room.

selphie666
01-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Thanks for the map, Daryn. The link worked. I'm going to go to those islands as soon as I can. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me. I think my real problem was that my characters' EXP was waaaaay too low, so I'm going to fix that. I probably won't post in this thread again until I beat that stupid sorceress and hopefully I won't need help again!

~~Thank you, everyone!!! ^_^

Lord Xehanort
01-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Glad to be of service! *tips hat*