PDA

View Full Version : new game plus after ending spoilers

lenny
12-16-2003, 12:53 AM
who knew a bout this
it was in the manual (where the info about how to load the game none of the people i know had any idea it was there because we all know how to load a game )
i just finished the
game and and sat trew the credits and even the THE END part
.i dont know if it was because i pressed start or it was the end
of the song but then the THE END logo moved up and my progress
stats were shown .then some info said i can save and play the
game over again and to shape a new story , collect all the dresssperes
was and get 100% i cant remember it word for word people have the t.v on at you can the moment
:mad: :mad: :mad: effecing my spelling too
you load the new game (the new option above new game on the menu )
if you quit and load the save file if you dont its atomatic i
think it was called new game plus ...you start the game over but
you keep all your gil ,items,garment grids, dresspheres game % movies
and music from luca and you can even now buy the final cg.with credits
(too bad you cant stop the video)

dont read tihs if you did not finish game and are still in the story

so that brings up some questions it kinda felt like a hint as if theres a reward for a good % and stuff .are there multi endings . i know when i played i missed 2 or 3 side storys (i didnt confront the ronsos and didnt find out what hapened at mi'ihen highroad with the mechania result the story then went , all the grado were killed and funny we never found out what happened with the mechaina )thats how those storys ended .i had 66% missinons done with 37:55 and had most of my grides.i didnt go in the crimson cave because i was almost done the game the storys from the last chapter that could have added or alterd the ending seeing how you cant save when your in the last fight before the ending leaving the stuff from chapter 5 like the beville thing the ending story seemed unfinished a bit too.with the otherworld stuff and the clues or set ups from events and the old man from time to time who talked about a certian some one and involved the other world ,how about the whistle in the farplane when yuna was leaving for the first time after falling in .

heres the ending i got
lenne and shinra rest . then final cg luca speech from the 3 leaders the yuna gose home on the flying ship . with no tidus or anyting of that nature .
side note the last words were it all started when we found a sphere of you ...tidus but he did not show up in the story and it wasnt him in the sphere that started the game it was that look alike was that an error ..
did any one have another ending endings .

blitzballstar01
12-16-2003, 03:52 AM
when yuna was in the farplane in chapter 4, did you push x four times to hear tidus whistle? thats a necessity in getting the good ending.

im not sure but i also think you have to do it again at then end and hear him whistle again but im not sure so dont quote me on that one.

you also have to activate a lot of main events in the story to get the good ending.

i havent beat it yet because i want to beat the bevelle via infinito first...i have like 61 hours and 77% so far. i missed a lot so im going to have to use the new game plus to continue. but im pretty sure that with what ive done that id get the good ending.

eternalshiva
12-16-2003, 09:40 AM
yeah, there's like 3 ends depending if you triggered enough events. And after you beat Vegnagun, when Yuna starts to walk through the farplanes, press X and then a fayth is supposed to appear if you did the 4 x Whistle event after you defeated Xion and meet up with Shuyin in the Farplanes. :) I got the one where Tidus came back *sobs* it was so great!

Now, I'm trying to get the PERFECT end with 100% where Tidus comes back and then Yuna and Tidus go to Zanarkand and he explains why he came back lol :)

You can actually go to Lucca and buy the movie Sphere of the end you got in the newgame +

Kupo
12-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Oh yeah, but the only thing that you should note... is that you should save your game before you go to Luca and watch the ending you got in the previous game. Because after the ending movie, the credits roll as if you had finished the game again! I was like, ahhhh no! However, I didn't stick around to see if it switched back to Luca after the credits, so maybe everything would have been fine. Its just much faster to rest your game:moggie:

eternalshiva
12-16-2003, 05:04 PM
yeah... but it doesn't restart your game... it just rolls through the credits xD and then brings you back into the sphere theater lol

Siwolae
12-16-2003, 11:36 PM
do you continue on with the abilities that you already learned? also, do you continue with your sidequest stuff? i'm trying to get the perfect ending the first time around but doing that darn PR sidequest is getting on my nerves.

Cyn
12-17-2003, 01:00 AM
What I need to know is this: I just beat the game at 95% completion. When I go through it again on a New Game+, does everything you do the second time around add to your completion points, or do only the things you previously missed raise your completion points?

eternalshiva
12-17-2003, 09:47 AM
Yeah you keep all the abilities, items and accessories but not the levels :) You start back at level 1.

You have to trigger all main events like in the first one, but pick a different side to give the sphere to so you can get your final percentage points. And no, you don;t get percentage point for stuff you've done before. BUT make sure you trigger all events again or you'll get the sad end regardless. It remembers your abilities, not the events you've already been through!*laughs at Pyrostatic*

Kupo
12-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
You have to trigger all main events like in the first one, but pick a different side to give the sphere to so you can get your final percentage points.

Actually, as long as you give the sphere to the Youth League, you can get 100% completion in one game! Sweeeet. :moggie:

eternalshiva
12-17-2003, 01:22 PM
yeah well, that's if you want to spend ALOT of time in it, I missed too much to not do New Yevon xD Plus I wanted to see what it was like on the dark side xD

Kupo
12-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Dude! Spira is such a world of hate if you side with New Yevon. I did that once too, just to be evil:radred:

eternalshiva
12-17-2003, 02:57 PM
I know! People are like YOU DID WHAT YOU STUPID C**T! and I'm like well sheesh, Yuna did save the World, show a little repsect BECLEM :grr:

Cyn
12-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Okay, one more question. Is it necessary to complete the Via Infinito (the 99 levels under Bevelle) to get 100% completion? I pretty much stopped after I got the last two Crimson Spheres down there.

Kupo
12-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Nope, I believe it is just a bonus area. I've gotten 100% completion before without setting a foot beyond level 20.
100 levels is just for those of us too insane to not try it :moggie:

eternalshiva
12-19-2003, 09:49 AM
you only get like 0.5 of a percentage to complete it ... I think its even less than that :/ Its almost depressing to do such a huge and gigantic level and bearly get recognition for it xD

BUT you do get to see Jyscal, Seymour and a bunch of other "evil doers" *to quote the President* that were from FFX xD Whish is cool to kick their arse all over again :D

Cyn
01-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Kupo
Nope, I believe it is just a bonus area. I've gotten 100% completion before without setting a foot beyond level 20.
100 levels is just for those of us too insane to not try it :moggie:

That's weird, since every source I've looked up (off. strategy guide, various walkthroughs, etc.) all say beating the end boss of Via Infinito is required for 100% completion. I'd love it if I didn't have to, though. I'm not one of the too insane, I just want the Perfect Ending.

eternalshiva
01-12-2004, 09:37 AM
That's if you want to do it in one sitting, :/ There are two dungeons I haven't done, the one on Mi'ihen High Road *chocobo thing* and Bevelle. I got 100% but that's by playing it twice. If you just want to play it once, you have to do the Bevelle Thing. I'm only at level 50 in Bevelle and I keep getting my arse kicked by Omega Weapons ... in random battles... which really sucks :/

unknown88
01-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Just wait to you get in the final floors, now those fiends are annoying.

Cyn
01-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
That's if you want to do it in one sitting, :/ There are two dungeons I haven't done, the one on Mi'ihen High Road *chocobo thing* and Bevelle. I got 100% but that's by playing it twice. If you just want to play it once, you have to do the Bevelle Thing. I'm only at level 50 in Bevelle and I keep getting my arse kicked by Omega Weapons ... in random battles... which really sucks :/

I'd be going through it a second time, I was just asking 'cause if I had to, I'd level up my girls to 99 from my previous save (before beating the end boss) and finish Bevelle. If I don't have to, then *whew* thank god, I'm not big on 1/2 hour battles (Angra Mainyu was bad enough, and from what I hear, Trema is a ton harder). Thanks for the info!