PDA

View Full Version : Whats best for characters?

MaX ReaLiTy
12-16-2003, 03:51 PM
What is the best way to get everybody mastered? Go one by one and master each one of jump around to depending on the charater? Right now Im doing it one by one just moving down the list.

DocFrance
12-16-2003, 07:14 PM
It shouldn't really matter, since you'd have to get as much JP either way.

BUT... you should know that when one character gains JP in battle, the other characters in the same battle will gain 1/5 the amount he gained, in that job. So if you have a squire, a monk, and archer, a knight, and a chemist, and your squire gains 10 JP, the other four will gain 2 JP each for their squire job.

This means that every character in battle should be of the same class. So you have five summoners - you go through a turn cycle in which each of them gains 15 JP normally. Add that 1/5 bonus that each of them gets to the normal amount - and it adds up to each of them getting 27 JP for that round (15 + (15/5)*4).

unknown88
12-16-2003, 11:28 PM
You can also use gained JP up so you can master them faster. But also you should know that you can't master summoner without Zodiac, in other words, all your characters will have to survive a Zodiac from Elidibs, and still, only 5 can learn the technique.

MaX ReaLiTy
12-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Yeah I have been using Gained JP since I got it. I have another question. Say you have a knight with the archer charge skill and the squire throw rocks skill. If I use the archer or squire skill does that only help with those jobs or since I am a knight will they apply to that job?

DocFrance
12-17-2003, 05:17 PM
When you gain JP, it'll go into the job that you're currently using - even if you use another job's skills, like a Knight using the Charge skills.

So the quickest and easiest way to gain JP is to have everyone learn Accumulate and GainedJPUp from the Squire's skillset (unfortunately, story characters besides Ramza can't learn Accumulate). You can use Accumulate as much as you want, and it hits every time, so it'll give you a lot of XP and JP. Just have everyone in your battle party use Accumulate every turn (Ramza can use Yell, Cheer, or Scream).

Mehka Gallant
12-25-2003, 01:56 PM
DocFrance is onto something...

Mandalia Plains, I'm telling you, Gained JP Up, Accumulate, a ton of potions, and a few enemy chocobos'll boost your JP up there in just one battle. Mind you, it will take awhile, and you may not want to linger on one battle for too long, as the gil you receive afterward may not cover the expense of the potions used in battle. But seriously, kill off all the enemies but a chocobo on the map, surround it, and smack it around to your heart's content. Just be sure not to kill it too soon. Hell, heal it for extra XP/JP. I often find myself mastering squire by level 5-7, and as forementioned, I am usually level 20 by Fort Zeakden. By that time, I usually have Squire and Knight mastered for all my members, save for Delita and Algus... You can't use them in random battles. Wouldn't want to either to tell you the truth...