PDA

View Full Version : Angra Mainyu, Tawrich, Zarich!!!!AHHH!!!

Vaprice
12-17-2003, 12:05 AM
Ya know at the very end of bikanel island when you have to face Angra Mainyu, Tawrich, Zarich? Well how do you beat him? Cant, have tried so many times. Just cant. HELP!!!!

Cyn
12-17-2003, 12:46 AM
The way I did it was to have Yuna and Paine as dark knights using "Darkness" every turn, while Rikku was an alchemist using "Mega-Potion Stash" every turn (if you don't have it, have the alchemist Mix a Potion and a Hi-Potion for the same effect). Still, Angra Mainyu was still able to get Perdition's Flame through once in awhile (although it can't use it when the side pieces are dead). Yuna survived it, and I just used a Mega-Phoenix and started the routine over again. My characters were between levels 72 and 75 and it still took 20 minutes to half an hour to beat him.

Vaprice
12-17-2003, 12:51 AM
HAHAHAHA, oh man. Maybe I should spend time leveling up....a lot. Im at like early 50's. Yeah I tried I sucked. Yeah already have "mega potion stash" maybe I should just......level up..*Sigh....*

Kupo
12-17-2003, 12:49 PM
I used the same strategy as Cyn, and I also used a stamina spring on each character (or whatever the item is that doubles your HP) just in case a Flare or a Perdition's flame caught me off guard. Using a light curtain or having your alchemist mix "wall" is also worthwhile to cut down on damage.

Also a cool thing you might not know: Since the boss steals your MP a lot, just let it. Keep your characters with 0 MP and then after a while Angra Mainyu will run out of its MP and then cannot cast Full-Life on its arms, and will spend every turn trying to get your MP with "osmose". Although it takes a good 15-20 minutes for it to run out of MP, once it does... the battle is easy-peasey. :moggie:

rinoa21
12-17-2003, 06:22 PM
I too used two dark knights and an alchemist, but I actually stocked up on potions and hi-potions so that the alchemist can use "mix" instead of "stash" because "stash" has a longer time gauge. I also put on accessories that doubled hit points or at least raised them by 60%, and equipped the Helios Guard garment grid so that they could be auto-protected. Also I happened to have a lot of star curtains in my inventory which enabled me to cast Reflect on the party (actually the first thing I did was switch to a white mage to cast reflect initially). Also used a chocobo feather to cast haste on the party (which you can do even if you have Reflect on)

Also, having a character die during the fight isn't such a bad thing -- because I noticed during the fight your attack and magic power goes down, probably as a result of some of their attacks but I'm not sure, but when a character dies and they are revived they do not have those debits so their attack power will be higher again.

Had the alchemist mix a mega-potion most rounds, except for when both sides were dead, then I would mix a fire gem and holy water to do a White Hole attack which does a bunch of damage to the main guy just to squeeze an extra attack in.

The only issue I had was that my alchemist didn't have confuseproof (the dark knights did have it intrinsically) so every now and then I had to toss a remedy at her to cure her ailments, which come from an attack that I think is called "bad blood" and causes blind, silence, and confusion at least. Honestly you don't have to worry about curing the dark knights because blind and silence don't really matter for their attacks.

My guys were mid-upper 50's and I survived it fine... it just took a long time (about an hour).

Vaprice
12-17-2003, 11:44 PM
Yeah. Im at like lower 50's right now...lol. *I should get up to at least 59.*

Well hmm...did anyone use their special dresspheres? Like paines?

muchacho
12-18-2003, 04:48 PM
i just be him yesterday, my levels were lower 50s. my party was rikku with alchemist, yuna and paine with dark knight. its good to have 99 potion/high potion.

have 2 dark knights and a alchemist. have the dark knights know all of the proof abilitys(curse, confuse, ect) the alchemist should know mega-potion stash. and have items that can cast protect, reflect, and shell.

before the battle go in with rikku equiped to the garment grid with double hp (dont go into the batttle with alchemist equiped. if you do then you wont have hpX2), and a confuse proof. have yuna and paine have the helios grid(the one with protcet on in), and accesories that have +attack and defense.

start of the battle with rikku equiped with anything but alchemist and change ASAP to alchemist(make sure to go thought the double hp thing). have yuna/paine equiped with anything accept dark knight, and change to dark knight ASAP(go thought the auto protect thing).

once every one has changed, have rikku mix potion/high potion to make mega potion. and make yuna use a item with reflect. and paine use darkness. then have rikku mix a item with protect and shell(not really a must do, but its good to have), and keep yuna and paine useing darkness. then use mix to a mega potion/darkness over and over and over.

after awhile he'll use bloody breath about 5 times(not in a row, thought out the battle) and yuna and paine will be hiting for shit. (this is the hard part) so you should kill off yuna/paine and revive them. use reflect on them and keep doing the samething as before.

after awhile he will die or run out of mp. if he runs out of mp he cant revive his buddys and you can go on a onslot of just attacking him.

good luck.

edit- wow, i think this is my longest post ever.

Vaprice
12-18-2003, 11:23 PM
HAH......I didnt beat him yet..but Im all over this like a fat kid on a cupcake. I now know what to do. HAHAHAHAHAHA I am good. And thanks to everyone that is replying.

twobitmage
12-19-2003, 10:30 PM
I beat him at lvl 50 so you have hope, I used the same strategy except I used a crystal bangle on yuna as a dark knight to boost her hp

I gave the tetra bracelets to ppl to help with the magic attacks

Giga Guess
12-27-2003, 10:53 AM
I've recently started a new game, but here's what my plan is next time I see him.

The Guide says 2 Dark Knights, and an Alchemist, so who'm I to argue. However, I'd have the Alchemist as a White Mage to start off. Cast Reflect, and move on to Alchemist, and Mix up a Chocobo Wing (Choco Feather and Potion), and a Hi-Wall (Any two Curtains. I prefer Light and Star. If anyone knows a better combo, I'm open for suggestions). Then, RATHER THAN STASH, THE GUIDE SAYS TO MIX A MEGA POTION, AS IT HAS A MUCH LESS RECHARGE TIME. Now anyone who wants to take this as gospel, IT IS JUST A THEORY! I'll update on whether or not it works.

eternalshiva
12-29-2003, 10:11 AM
OMG I TOTALLY BEAT HIM!

ROTFL

All I had were Yuna and Paine as Dark Knights and Rikku as an Alchemist and bye bye wtf xD

Vaprice
12-29-2003, 09:12 PM
maybe I just dont have the patience to kill a boss that has some 333, ### HP idk. maybe I should at least try and kill him.

§håd0w
12-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Mainyu is easy. I had it beat at lv. 40, 41, and 42 (YRP respectivley) if you can take out Tawrich and Zarich in one turn, it makes things alot easier, because Angra Mainyu will use two turns to cast full-life. And if you cast reflect and protect on your characters, as well as reflect on all three enemies it goes easy too. Flare and elemental spells bounce back at the three, and if Angra Mainyu attempts to cast Curaga, then it reflects onto you. You just have to recast every so often. Should only take 30 minutes at the highest of levels.

Vaprice
12-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Uh..gotta another question..........uh......when you die........dont you lose like strength????Cause I noticed every once and awhile My strength just kept getting worse and worse...why is that?

rinoa21
12-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Mix does take less time than stash at least for the mega-potion. Just look at the length of the time gauge when you do either one.

When a character dies, and then is revived, I was noticing the opposite - her strength would be back to normal. I saw this by viewing her effects when trying to cast some support spell (shell, reflect, etc.) and also in the amount of damage they dealt after being revived.

- r

§håd0w
12-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by demonsdragon
Uh..gotta another question..........uh......when you die........dont you lose like strength????Cause I noticed every once and awhile My strength just kept getting worse and worse...why is that?

I dunno, that happened with my Rikku. She started at 3000 damage a hit, and gradually lowered to 750, and never died. Paine on the other hand, died quite a bit, a stayed at 4000 everytime.

As for Mix, that does wonders. I gained Elixer while fighting Angra Mainyu. I finished Ether at the beginning of the battle, and by the time it was over, I had gained Elixer.