PDA

View Full Version : Any chance for a FF6 sequel?

Leon Thomas
12-17-2003, 06:04 AM
I stopped playing video games years ago. Sometimes, I try a multiplayer game with my brothers who still play, but for the most part, I can't commit to my old hobby.

The other day, I saw a commercial for Final Fantasy X-2. I asked my brother "So, are you going to get Final Fantasy 12?" He corrected me that it was "Ten Two" because there was finally a Final Fantasy sequel that really was a sequel. The story of 10 was being continued. I was a little surprised. The last Final Fantasy game I played all the way through was Final Fantasy 3, which I hear has retroactively been retitled as Final Fantasy 6.

Anyway, to make a long story short (too late!), I was wondering if anyone here knew if there were any plans or even just rumors that other Final Fantasy games, like 6, would be given proper sequels. That was my favorite game back when I still played. I think I could actually sit down and play through an entire single player game again if I could see Locke and the ol' gang again. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Outsider
12-17-2003, 07:54 AM
No theey are not planning to make a sequel...

I think it would be strange... I don't want a FF6-2 even though FF6 is my favourite game. I have this strong feeling of that awesome hisstory being ruined...

But I tell you, If they ever release a sequel, I'll be here, waiting, in hopes of getting my hands on it as fast as possible... And even if they make a horrible sequel I'll won't stop playing until I finish and master it.

yes, I'm an idiot.

DocFrance
12-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Actually, 4 and 6 were released in the US as 2 and 3, because the actual 2, 3, and 5 were never released outside Japan, and they wanted to avoid consistency problems.

And I know that someone is working on a FF6 prequel - supposed to take place during the War of the Magi. But it's an independent project (a team of people with no affiliation with Square), and it uses the same engine as the original FF6. I'm not sure if they're still working on it, if they've given up, or who it is that's doing this.

Flying Mullet
12-17-2003, 05:27 PM
Anyway, I ghighly doubt there will be a sequel to FFVI. The only reason that FFX got a sequel is that there was enough interest in FFX that they figured they could market to that interest and make more money.

Leon Thomas
12-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the quick replies.

Anyone know to what independent game DocFrance is referring?

DocFrance
12-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Hmm... I think I saw this a FF:WA...

EDIT: Ta-da. (http://www.ffwa.org/news/21-01-2003.html)