PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer Koda Kumi or Jade?

r-chan
12-18-2003, 05:20 AM
Hi guys, right now I’m really curious on what you think of Koda Kumi’s singing of the 2 theme songs REAL EMOTION & 1000 NO KOTOBA and Jade’s versions. I’ve read from other threads about people’s different opinions on the 2 singers, still I wanna know the exact and detailed reasons why you would prefer Koda Kumi or Jade. Thus, I would like to do a simple survey, please do note down your personal opinion which has to be reasonable and valid, try not to use too rude words, thankyou! At the end, I would like to combine everyone’s opinions and post them up on a webpage, so please help :D

You can download both Koda Kumi's Japanese versions and Jade's English versions from http://www.ffx2.net

PLEASE NOTE: I’m talking about Koda Kumi’s JAPANESE (NOT her English version) version of Real Emotion & 1000 no kotoba and Jade’s ENGLISH (well, she only has English..) version of Real Emotion & 1000 words as well. Please do not set your opinions on Koda Kumi’s English versions since they are released only for Koda Kumi’s music career purposes and not for the official theme songs of FFX-2.

1. Do you prefer Koda Kumi’s Japanese version of Real Emotion or Jade’s English version of Real Emotion? Why? (Please include a valid and honest reason)

2. Do you prefer Koda Kumi’s Japanese version of 1000 no kotoba or Jade’s English version of 1000 words? Why?

3. If you have chosen Jade’s English version, is it because you could understand English and not Japanese? If it’s because of the language barrier between English & Japanese, what do you have to say about SUTEKI DA NE ( FFX theme song, just in case you do not know) which is solely in Japanese only?

4. What do you think of Koda Kumi voice acting for Lenne, and doing the dance motion actress for Yuna at the opening FMV scene? (If you do not know what does ‘dance motion actress’ mean, you should watch Koda Kumi’s MTV for Real Emotion, it is available for download at http://www.ffx2.net )

5. If you have a choice to pick between Koda Kumi’s Japanese versions and Jade’s English versions for your FFX-2 game, whom would you pick?

6. Would you like the International Version of FFX-2 to include both the Koda Kumi and Jade’s versions instead of just Jade’s versions?

7. In your own opinion, which singer Koda Kumi or Jade do you think have done a better job?

Thank you for your time !

Sefie1999AD
12-18-2003, 04:36 PM
Well, first of all, I'd like to say that I vastly prefer Jade's Real Emotion and 1000 Words English versions to Koda Kumi's Real Emotion and 1000 Words because KK's pronouncing is quite bad in those songs, and her voice just doesn't sound good in English. But now, to your questions.

Originally posted by r-chan
1. Do you prefer Koda Kumi’s Japanese version of Real Emotion or Jade’s English version of Real Emotion? Why? (Please include a valid and honest reason)

If I had to choose, Jade's version. I never liked the song Real Emotion, and the Japanese version was just bad, IMHO. The only reason why I prefer the English version is because the singer doesn't sound as annoying there.

2. Do you prefer Koda Kumi’s Japanese version of 1000 no kotoba or Jade’s English version of 1000 words? Why?

Absolutely Jade's. KK's 1000 Words is a good song, but I think Jade's voice is really sweet and beautiful in her version. I think in 1000 Words Orchestral version, Jade shines even more and beats Koda Kumi there too. The song has got some new twists in the English version since Jade improvises the melody a bit, and I really like it. Again, I must say Jade's voice is sweet in 1000 Words.

3. If you have chosen Jade’s English version, is it because you could understand English and not Japanese? If it’s because of the language barrier between English & Japanese, what do you have to say about SUTEKI DA NE ( FFX theme song, just in case you do not know) which is solely in Japanese only?

Nope because the lyrics are about the same in both English and Japanese versions. As for Suteki Da Ne, it's a good song. Not the best vocal song I've seen, but it's done in a pretty creative way.

4. What do you think of Koda Kumi voice acting for Lenne, and doing the dance motion actress for Yuna at the opening FMV scene? (If you do not know what does ‘dance motion actress’ mean, you should watch Koda Kumi’s MTV for Real Emotion, it is available for download at http://www.ffx2.net )

It's alright. I think the voice actors are a bit better in FFX and FFX-2 Japanese version than in their English counterparts. Yuna's dance is pretty typical MTV music video dancing. It doesn't bother me, but it doesn't make me interested, either.

5. If you have a choice to pick between Koda Kumi’s Japanese versions and Jade’s English versions for your FFX-2 game, whom would you pick?

Both Jade.

6. Would you like the International Version of FFX-2 to include both the Koda Kumi and Jade’s versions instead of just Jade’s versions?

Yes, that sounds very good. I'd also like an option to toggle between Japanese and English voices as well as Japanese and English subtitles/texts.

7. In your own opinion, which singer Koda Kumi or Jade do you think have done a better job?

See above. I think it goes in this order (1 being the best, 6 being the worst):

1. Jade - 1000 Words Orchestral
2. Koda Kumi - 1000 Words Orchestral
3. Jade - 1000 Words
4. Koda Kumi - 1000 Words
5. Jade - Real Emotion
6. Koda Kumi - Real Emotion

Overall, I think 1000 Words is a good theme song, but I don't like Real Emotion that much. Yet, I don't think they're as good as Melodies of Life, Eyes on Me and The Dream Within, IMHO.

blitzballstar01
12-21-2003, 09:24 PM
i love kodas and jades orchestrated version...theyre both so pretty! and for the other ones, i love both kodas japanese songs...theyre awesome!

but english versions, i like koda kumis real emotion better, it sounds more "pop"-ish and get up and dance-like. but i definately like jades 1000 words better. i cant stop listening to it!

Rye
12-26-2003, 11:40 AM
Hmmm... I think Jade was better for Real emotions because of her more higher voice, and Kumi was better for 1000 no Kotoba because she's a meto-soprano, meaning her voice is rich, which was clearly what the song needed. Though I think they each did a good job for the songs.

----------

1. Do you prefer Koda Kumi’s Japanese version of Real Emotion or Jade’s English version of Real Emotion? Why?

Jade's because of her higher voice.

Kumi cause of her deeper, richer voice.

I liked the japanese version alot, but Jade's voice was just better for the song.

I think Kumi did an excellent job. The dance was really great. And her voice acting was nice.

Kumi Koda's japanese version.

Yes. They both are very good.

7. In your own opinion, which singer Koda Kumi or Jade do you think have done a better
job?

In a singing job and over-all for helping FFX-2, Kumi. She did the dancing for Yuna and sang very well.

TheAbominatrix
12-26-2003, 11:48 AM

I prefered Koda's. It was deeper, richer, and more soulful, and it just sounds better overall. However, I understand using Jade's in the game, cause her English is far clearer. It wouldnt make sense for Yuna to all of the sudden have this thick Japanese accent when she sings.

Havent heard em yet.

I understand a very small amount of Japanese, but I prefer it when it comes to music. I think Japanese songs are so beautiful, and I like when games and anime leave them untranslated.

Thought it was awesome

Koda's Japanese. However, it wouldnt make any sense for Yuna to start singing in Japanese.

Doesnt matter, America never gets International versions.

Koda's better over all, but Jade's pretty good herself.

DMKA
01-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Well, I prefer Koda over Jade 100%. While Real Emotion is alright by Jade (and yes, Koda's English pronounciation is bad in her English version), I just saw the commercial today with Jade's 1000 Words playing and I hate it. The Japanese version of that song was beautiful, and its hard to bear Jade's English version, for me atleast.

Imperia
01-09-2004, 08:58 PM
1.) I like both versions. Both of them are pulse-pounding, no matter how the voices sound.

2.) I like Jade's version better, because her voice makes the song much more powerful.

3.) I haven't mastered Japanese, but I really do love Japanese songs because of their beauty. Suteki Da Ne was especially beautiful.

4.) It thought it was really nice.

5.) I would pick Jade's, because her voice has more heart, in my opinion.

6.) I guess so.:greenie:

7.) Jade:cool:

Drizzt
01-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Neither, they both sing bad main stream j-pop.

Karis
02-05-2004, 04:31 AM
koda kumi?who's that?but i prefer jade on 1000 words...that songs catchy...*hums it*couldn't get to sleep last night THANX JADE!!!:mad: ...well...anyway...i haven't heard koda kumi i guess i better hear her before i say jade's better...

Karis
02-08-2004, 12:09 AM
ok...i just heard a demo of koda kumi's version and it STINX!!!!!!(the reason?)her voice isn't good with the music...

jochirin
03-01-2004, 10:00 AM
just think the same as Sephiroth1999AD caus that is pritey mutch what i think

Sefie1999AD
03-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Karis
ok...i just heard a demo of koda kumi's version and it STINX!!!!!!(the reason?)her voice isn't good with the music...

Did you listen to Koda Kumi's Japanese or English versions of "real Emotion" and "1000 Words"? Her English versions are really bad, IMHO, but her Japanese songs are pretty good. I still prefer Jade, though. :p

jochirin
03-01-2004, 11:01 AM
no not yet but il do that

Quistis79
03-15-2004, 11:44 AM

Koda Kumi's version and mostly because I like Koda Kumi's voice more. It's deeper and richer, plus j-pop rocks and japanese language is more beautiful than english.

Koda Kumi's and same reasons as above.

I understand a bit of japanese, but understanding the language isn't required to like the music. I liked Suteki da ne and it was great that it wasn't dubbed.

I like, engrish is so cute...

Koda Kumi's japanese version without a doubt.

Yeah, it doesn't matter, coz I'm not getting it anyway.

Koda Kumi.

I'm thanking the day I bought Unlimited Saga, since it include Eternal Calm and FFX-2 preview in japanese. :)