PDA

View Full Version : OKAY! I think I got it(spoilers for both games)

edczxcvbnm
12-19-2003, 02:46 PM
I just wanted to know if I got exactly what happened in Chrono Cross...like the ending.

To my understanding this is how it all went down.

Chrono Trigger 2300 A.D.
--Crono and Co were all like 'Lets save the future from becoming a Giant shit hole

A long time later and in the past

Chrono Trigger 1999A.D.
--Crono and Co defeat Lavos and save the future the best they can.

Time lines now split

So now there is a future where everything is pure awesomeness and technologically advanced as all hell while the original time line they set out to destory in Chrono Trigger still exists.

Now that there are 2 dimensions from the one

I forgot why the Time Devourer is in between the timelines and everything so I will skip that for the time being until someone kindly reminds me.

Now after you beat the game and everything and you travel back in time to before anything really happened...the 2 times lines are merged again...correct.

Also since the 2 time lines are merged again wouldn't that mean lavos will come and crush us all in 1999A.D. again, thus negating what was accomplished in Chrono Trigger.

MAN I need to replay Cross. I forgot too much. :(

Outsider
12-19-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure... But I thought about it...

If they fixed the timeline, but Lavos would still exist (they fixed it a long time before 1999AD, when Crono and his pals defeated Lavos), then Crono and his friesnds would go to the same ruined world in 2300AD, would see the day of Lavos, would make their way to fight him, slay him, and split the timelines once again.

So nothing wiuld stop the imbeciles from Chrono Cross to fix the timelines again, and start an even worse paradox than the one in Chrono Trigger. One more reason for me to not like Chrono Cross.

Actually I needed to play it again, to understand it. But I won't it would be much painful

Stayin Dizzy
12-19-2003, 06:21 PM
This work stolen from a FAQ on GameFAQs by Crono228 (blarosa@concentric.net) and Terrageist
(jamcnair@hawk.umes.edu) ~ Spatvark

1. Sequence of events up to the big split (1010 AD)

Note: The story of Chrono Cross supposedly happens 20 years after the main time period of Chrono Trigger (1000 AD), putting Chrono Cross in 1020 AD. Whenever someone in Chrono Cross refers to an event occurring 10, 14 or whatever years ago, I will use 1010 AD, 1006 AD, etc. The point is, in Home and Another, THIS ALL HAPPENED BECAUSE IT WAS BEFORE THE HOME/ANOTHER SPLIT.

- 65,000,000 BC -

"...the planet began its dream..."
An advanced race of reptilian creatures called Reptites rule the earth alongside the dinosaurs (which they evolved from). Their ruler, Azala, dislikes the new species on the block (intelligent apes) and decides to destroy them starting with Laruba village.

Crono & company fall out of the sky searching for the Dreamstone to reforge the sword Masamune. The warrior supreme of Ioka village, Ayla, enlists the help of a few friends from the future to disrupt Azala's plans. In exchange for their help, and being beaten by Crono in a drinking contest, she hands over the Dreamstone and joins his team. Now, ideally this could lead to peaceful coexistence between Reptites and proto-humanity but....

The alien creature Lavos crashes into Azala's castle like a meteor, causing an ice age which kills off the Reptites allowing humanity to rise. Lavos eventually burrows into the planet's core while its energies spread, slowly mutating the environment of the planet. Humans develop big smarty-brains and rule over everything. At this point, a dimension splinters off from the main "reality" where
the Reptites were NOT killed off. They evolve in harmony with the will of the planet and build a big flying city called Dinopolis.

Crono & Co. put the Sun Stone in a solitary cave so it can start storing solar energy for the next few million years.

Ayla marries Kino

Chrono Trigger: Unnatural Selection, subquests, the PSX version ending.
Chrono Cross: Fort Dragonia (H), Chronopolis

- 65,000,000 BC until 12,000 BC -

"...and you shall be as gods...."
Lavos sleeps, slowly devouring the planet from the inside like the porcupine spiked worm he is, and still corrupting everything. Okay, this isn't actually explained, but somehow, a group of humans manages to get lots of power from DreamStones and discover magic. Led by Zeal, they use their power and the DreamStones to elevate themselves and their culture above the rest of humanity,
who are still slugging it through the ice age. Seriously! Zeal and her Zealots (couldn't resist) live on a big, flying subcontinent! The 3 wisest men of the Zealots become the gurus Belthasar, Melchior, and Gaspar. The Zealots, under
the guidance of the Queen and the Gurus create many wonders, such as the airship Blackbird and the Sun Stone.

CONJECTURE:
It is assumed during this period that Melchior creates the Ruby Knife and possibly the Einlanzer at this time. I say this because Doreen is happily bouncing around Zeal in 12,000 BC but no sooner. Gaspar researches biology and the nature of Nu, which somehow evolve into BeachBums and Land Octopi by CC. ^_^ Balthasar goes into technology and begins preliminary preliminary work on Time Travel technology and robotics.

Now Queen Zeal has two children: Schala (oldest and heiress to the throne) and Janus (protective little brother). Both are raised and tutored by the 3 gurus and their mother. No mention of a father. Eventually, Queen Zeal discovers a NEW power source: Lavos. The Zealots construct the Mammon Machine out of DreamStone to channel Lavos' power into rechargable DreamStone pendants, which draw out the power and feelings of the wearers, who serve Queen Zeal, who serves Lavos now. Her prolonged exposure to Lavos' energies is corrupts her mind and her children, and the gurus, worry what she will do next. She gives Schala a special pendant that
apparently has the power to bend time/space, reach across dimensions, and activate a special function of the Mammon Machine. Zeal's plan seems to be to unite herself with the sleeping Lavos and take all of its stolen power for herself and Zeal. This would leave Schala to take her place as ruler of the Zeal people in her image. The Zealots begin building the Undersea Fortress/Black Omen to carry
out her ambitious plan (I guess they need to get closer to Lavos). Schala, Janus and the gurus realize that her plan is a VERY BAD THING.

Chrono Trigger: Zeal people, secret message from Gaspar in Zeal, Undersea
Palace, people in Terra Cave 12,000 BC, people in 65,000,000 BC

- 12,000 BC -

Um, Crono and Co. fall out of the sky (again) on the ground. They notice the groundlings in Terra Cave don't look too far advanced from Ayla's time. They tell our heroes to check Zeal if they want advancement. So, they
fight and teleport their way to the floating Zeal subcontinent where they learn about the Queen, her kids, the Gurus, Zealot society, the Mammon Machine, and the
VERY BAD big plan.

Queen Zeal uses the Mammon machine to summon Lavos to the completed Undersea Palace, even though the "Mysterious Prophet", Schala and Janus rebel against her. Crono, using the "red knife" given to him by guru Melchior, disrupts Lavos' energies and summons Lavos' true form. Crono sacrifices himself to try to save everyone else from getting killed by an awake and cranky Lavos.

Marle uses the Time Egg to warp to the exact moment of Crono's death and replace him with an exact replica. Thus he is saved.

CONJECTURE
The "red knife" looks a lot like the "red rock" from Ayla's time which was used to repair the Masamune. Yes, the DreamStone, which is forged into the Masamune. If anyone remembers the exact scene, when Crono plunges the knife into the Mammon Machine, it transforms into a sword that looks a LOT like the Masamune. Then Masa & Mune explain the pendant/sword thing. What I believe is that Melchior gave Crono the knife knowing that Crono only wanted what was best for his friends, family, and the world. The "red knife" drew out his hopes and dreams and was transformed into the first Masamune. Crono's goodness was passed on through subsequent generations until we get to 1005's mass murder. Of course, this whole thing falls apart if the red knife disappeared with the Mammon Machine and Lavos, but the three spirits remain so Crono and Melchior's sentiments probably lived on with them, even if the original knife/sword was destroyed or taken into the Tesseract.

Schala uses her pendant's power to get our heroes out. Janus is pulled through time to between 560 and 580 AD. The guru Gaspar ends up in the End of Time. The guru Melchior ends up in 1000 AD near the demihuman "Mystic" kingdom of Medina. The guru Balthasar ends up (and dies?) in 2300 AD. Lavos gets reeeallly cranky and sends waves of power through the earth to the sky, causing the Zeal continent to fall.

Schala is pulled into a dimension outside of time and space (the Tesseract) where she encounters either--

A. a piece of Lavos within the Mammon Machine pulled in with her (possible)
B. a Lavos Spawn from a dark future eradicated from time (possible)
C. true Lavos (also possible, less likely)
D. All of the above (um, no.)
Anyway, they merge to become the Time Devourer.

The queen, who is in the process of uniting with the real Lavos, raises the Undersea Fortress, transforming it into the Black Omen.

The Prophet is revealed as Magus. Crono's friends show him mercy, despite Frog's protests and he joins them to go after Lavos. I mean, Lavos did take his sister, so it's an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing.

Later, Queen Zeal's servant Dalton abducts the guru-designed super airship, the Blackbird after the Zeal continent falls. He also borrows our heroes' time ship, the
Epoch and gives it a cool flight upgrade, and a really dumb name. Chrono & Co stomp him and get Epoch.

Chrono & Co. "borrow" the Zeal Sun Stone, since they drained then abandoned its power for the Mammon Machine and Lavos.

Chrono Trigger: events occurring in 12,000 BC era
Chrono Cross: CT kids on Opassa beach.

- 12,000 BC until 7,600 BC -

"...the Black Omen sparkles in the sun..."
I am assuming that everything in this time frame happened just as it happens in Chrono Trigger, not that Chrono Trigger says a whole lot. Let's just say the Black
Omen sits there, awaiting the Lavos Event. Humanity keeps chugging along. Any evidence to the contrary is welcome.

- 7,600 BC - [This is 10,000 years ago from 2400 AD]

"...Reptites bad..."
True Lavos reaches across dimensions and draws Chronopolis back in time as a backup plan against Crono and friends. At the same time, the flying city of Dinopolis
(Terra Tower) is pulled across dimensions and drawn back in time by the planet to counter Chronopolis. You see, Dinopolis was the planet's ideal, and their Dragon God the source of their power. In other words, the planet needed some Lavos-free backup.

There is a battle between Chronopolis and Dinopolis (or the inhabitants thereof anyway, assumed to be evolved Reptites). The humans win and FATE divides the Dragon god into the 6 lesser dragon gods of El Nido. What's left of Dinopolis settles into the sea and becomes Sky Dragon Island. I suppose the last surviving reptites
go out and cultivate some of the demihuman races.

Chrono Cross: Chronopolitan spectres

- 7,600 BC until 600 AD -

"...By the great dragon gods!..."
At some point, FATE and the researchers at Chronopolis create the islands of El Nido. They are populated by people from Chronopolis who have had their memories of the future erased. FATE needs humanity to grow and develop to a certain point so that she and Chronopolis will be around by 2400 AD. She installs "Records of Fate" are placed throughout the land to guide the thoughts and actions of the people so that history remains mostly unchanged. In other words, FATE and the Chronopolitans were making sure that, at least in some timeline, they exist, because El Nido has to exist for FATE to exist, and vice-versa. It's a complete self-referencing loop Put simply, it's like being your own great-grandmother or father.

BTW:, the 6 Dragons sit and watch humanity grow and develop, and sense the pain they cause to the planet and environment. Though they don't show it until one big
scene on Disc 2, (and are likely kept sedated by FATE), the Dragon gods are NOT pleased with humanity. At all. EVER. And yes, they'd like to be free of FATE's control so they can get 65 million years of revenge on Lavos and his "children"

The El Nido, Guardia, Porre, and Medina (Mystic-Demihuman) kingdoms and races rise and develop under the ever-watchful eyes of FATE.

Young Janus is "adopted" by Ozzie, Slash, Flea, and the rest of the "Mystic" race. I'm assuming since he didn't look like most normal humans (thanks to Zeal) he fit
in just fine. He vows to take revenge on Lavos (and his mom) for what they did to him and his sister, so he delves into Shadow magic and becomes an extremely powerful sorceror. He becomes the Magus (impressive music) and gathers power to himself as the champion of the demihumans of Medina. He then declares war on Guardia and Porre on behalf of the Mystics. The Guardian knight Cyrus and his squire, Glenn, try to use the holy sword Masamune to defeat him; but Magus deflects its power, shatters the Masamune, kills Cyrus, and turns Glenn into a (the) Frog. Defeated and shamed, Frog goes into hiding to train for the time when he can get revenge on Magus, still holding on to a piece of the Masamune. He also sort of becomes an famous anonymous hero righting wrongs and
assisting Guardia in the war here and there.

Chrono Trigger: events transpiring between Frog and Magus, flashbacks
Chrono Cross: Belthasar, in Terra Tower, Chronopolis spectre who says that
Chronopolis was drawn 10,000 years into the past, 2400 AD - 10,000 = 7,600 BC)

- 600 AD -

"...We three embody the dreams of Melchior..."

Crono and Lucca end up here searching for a present princess Nadia who has been mistaken for a past Queen Leene. Nadia, aka Marle, is briefly ripped from
existence because her ancestor Leene may have been killed by Yakra. Magus' servant. Crono and Lucca receive the assistance of Frog in rescuing Leene and kicking Yakra's butt, thus allowing Marle to exist again.

Also, after assisting Guardia's army on the bridge, they realize that Guardia needs to WIN the war against Magus for Marle's timeline to be properly restored. For this, they will need the legendary hero.

Unfortunately, Frog is still too busy blaming himself for Cyrus' death and for recently losing Cyrus' Hero Medal to that bratty little Tata to help out our heroes. So, Crono, Marle, and Lucca decide to locate the Masamune for Frog
and reforge it. Well, first they find the other half, after battling the spirits of the sword, Masa and Mune. They also get back the hero medal. Doreen, the third
spirit has decided not to bother THIS time around for whatever reasons. They notice that the sword has Melchior's name on it so they visit 1000 AD to find him.
Melchior makes them jump back in time to prehistory to get the DreamStone. Lucca and Melchior reforge the Masamune shiny and new and Frog decides it is finally time to go after Magus.

They go in, layeth the smacketh down upon Ozzie, Flea, and Slash, fight a gadzillion other monsters and come upon Magus, who is conjuring up a big spell to try to
destroy Lavos. Unfortunately, our heroes screw up everything (at least from Magus' perspective) and everyone gets to go back to 12,000 BC. for a while.

Ok, later on (sorta), Our heroes find that Cyrus' ghost is haunting an old manor up north. Our heroes exterminate the monsters, and have the manor repaired. Finally, Frog must confront the ghost of his old friend and they make their peace. In gratitude for finally being able to rest, Cyrus gives his dreams to the Masamune turning it into the best sword in Chrono Trigger.

Magus "settles some differences" between him and the terrible trio and Medina finally settles on peaceful existence with humans.

Robo and Fiona plant a forest!

Frog gets turned back into his human form, Glenn. (Source: PSX Chrono Trigger Ending)
(*NOTE This is NOT the Glenn from Chrono Cross)

- 600 AD - 1000 AD -
I am assuming that everything in this time frame happened just as it happens in Chrono Trigger. Let's see, kingdoms expand and grow, people have descendants,
a desert becomes a forest, a robot becomes a saint, a mayor learns generosity, and a bunch of other stuff, like...

CONJECTURE:
While the Zenan demihumans are pretty peaceful, the El Nido demihumans are having issues. Many settle their differences and live with humans in Guldove. Others, who aren't so forgiving, settle in Marbule.

- 1000 AD -

The Guardia Millennial Fair, Crono meets Marle, (who somehow inherited a Zeal pendant) and a grand, headache-inducing romp through time and space begins.

Crono is charged with high treason and kidnapping but, busts out (with help from Lucca Ashtear). Well, it turns out that the chancellor/prosecutor is none other than Yakra
XIII trying to settle a 400 year old score (not to mention rule Guardia) but our heroes make sure he doesn't get very far.

Melchior and Lucca reforge the Masamune, and, much later on, forges nifty Rainbow weapons, armor, and accessories for our heroes from the Sunstone and the giant Rainbow shell.

Crono is proven very innocent and by right of virtue, a hero, at his trial by all the people from different times that he has helped

Crono and Marle get married after a balloon ride. Awwww.
Crono learns to speak ^_^

Chrono Trigger: beginning, middle, and sidequests, PSX Special Ending

- 1003 AD -

"..the life force known as 'Serge'..."

Lucca and her family (Lara and Taban) decide to start an orphanage. She finds and adopts baby Kid wearing Schala's pendant in the forest (or maybe in 1004 since she's 16...or has a late birthday)

Serge, the assassin of time, second Chrono Trigger, arbiter of the Frozen Flame, and bearer of cool Swallow weapons is born to Marge and Wazuki. Leena, daughter of Miguel, a close family friend, is also born.

Chrono Trigger: PSX special ending
Chrono Cross: Serge, Kid, and Leena are all 16-17. more basic subtraction.
(1020 - 17 = 1003)

- 1005 AD -

"...The sword that conquered darkness?"
The Masamune is stolen from Guardia Castle by an unknown person. This person uses it to kill many people in Guardia. It is assumed that this event turns the sword evil.

CONJECTURE:
The Masamune draws out hopes and dreams of the bearer, right? Well, it seems as if the bearer has to have some damn powerful hopes and dreams, if it wishes to counter the original goodness imbued in the sword by Crono and Melchior (see 12,000 BC above), and the later generations of virtue given the sword by Cyrus, Glenn, and who knows how many others. Whoever did this must have been damn powerful, or serving someone with a lot of power, and some bad dreams.

Chrono Trigger: PSX Special Ending

- 1006 AD -

3-year old Serge is bitten by a Panther-demon. In order to save his life, his father Wazuki and Wazuki's friend Miguel (Leena's father) travel by boat to Marbule. However, a bad storm (caused by Schala reaching out to Serge from beyond time) causes them to go off course and into the Sea of Eden. This storm also causes FATE to shut down for a few minutes. With FATE's hold on them briefly removed, the 6 lesser dragon gods use this time to create a 7th, the Lunar dragon Harle, free from FATE's influence. She is the embodiment of the dark moon and her purpose is to engineer the destruction of FATE and the release of the Frozen Flame. Then she is to rejoin the Dragon gods to take revenge on humanity on behalf of the planet...sorta. Poor Harle. If Kid is the beauty, then she must be the beast. Funny, how at Harle's last moment, it's the opposite.

Wazuki and Miguel find Chronopolis and enter it. Wazuki is told by a voice to bring the child. Serge comes into contact with the Frozen Flame and becomes the second Chrono Trigger, the arbiter of the Frozen Flame (the only one who can access it now). This act, Schala's interference, and the 2400 AD time crash splits off a version of Chronopolis into the distortion known as the "Dead Sea" and FATE is denied access to the Flame. Serge is also healed and Wazuki brings him back to Arni. Miguel stays, apparently chosen by FATE to be the Dead Sea's (and the Flame's) guardian.

- 1006 AD until 1010 AD -

"...FATE has no mercy..."
Serge grows up in Arni.

Wazuki's mind, already traumatized by seeing his son almost die in Chronopolis, is consumed totally by FATE. He becomes the biological instrument of FATE and is transformed into Lynx, the image of Serge's worst fear (big cats).

Lynx and Harle try to "convince" Lucca to release the Prometheus lock on FATE (in Home's FATE, which still exists for now, no Dead Sea yet). This culminates in a raid and the burning down of her orphanage. The Mastermune, purified and merciful, send Serge and 2 friends back in time to save Kid and the other children. Sadly, before young Kid can even really thank her silent savior, the
Mastermune loses power and Serge returns to his own timeline, BUT current Kid is snapped out of her coma (and gets her L7 tech if you did it right...)

Chrono Cross: kids on the beach, Mastermune flashback

- 1010 AD -

"...Angelus Erratus..."
Schala hears the cries of a little Serge across the dimensions. Serge is drowning in Opassa beach. Schala creates a daughter-clone (Kid) who travels through time and dimensions to save Serge from drowning. Kid is entrusted with Schala's pendant and is then born into the universe proper in 1003 or 1004 AD. I assume she homed
in on when Serge was first born, and made that her target for her 'rebirth', even though Serge doesn't get saved until future Kid travels back to save him.

THIS WAS THE START OF ALL THIS.
THIS WAS WHEN THE COGS OF FATE BEGAN TO TURN.
THIS IS THE ANSWER WITHIN THE FLOW OF TIME.

Chrono Cross: child Lucca on the beach at the very end of Chrono Cross, Serge's grave he's 7 years old when he died CC takes place in 1020 AD and he's 17 years old (1020 - 17 + 7 = 1010).

At this point, the world is split into 2 dimensions (called Home World and Another World in Chrono Cross). Their timelines are described below as well as I can figure them

2. Another World (1010 AD until 2400 AD)

- 1010 AD -

"...noone can give anything to him, nor take anything away from him..."
Serge drowns and does not survive.

- 1010 AD until 1020 AD -

"...son of man..."
Oh yeah, There are 6 dragon gods per world, (total of 12)
but FATE somehow engineers the death of the each dragon god's twin, so there are only 6 dragon gods, total, between BOTH worlds. I assume that this is to weaken them.

Leena grows up, boyfriendless.

Dario is killed by Karsh, after that little Masamune thing, and, he stays dead.

Radius, retired from being a Deva in 1016 (4 years ago from present), moves to a small hideaway on a small island.

Porre begins military expansion into El Nido. The valiant Acacia Dragoons, led by General Viper, stop them for a while. Viper enters into a pact with Lynx and Harle: in exchange for Acacia's assistance in locating the Frozen Flame, Viper will get to wish Acacia back to its former glory. I'm not exactly sure what Viper gets out of this in either case, but Lynx is not exactly willing to keep his end of the
bargain later on...

Lynx also steals Guldove's Dragon's Tear (of Hate) to activate Ft. Dragonia.

Fargo becomes a pirate (arrrgh!) after Zelbess dies. Marbule becomes a place filled with bitter demihumans, but at least it doesn't rot.

Kid forms a band of thieves called the "Radical Dreamers." She's quite bent on avenging Lucca's death AND keeping Lynx and Harle AWAY from the Frozen Flame.

- 1020 AD until 1999 AD -

"...Leene Dome? cool..."
Humanity grows, prospers, builds cute little dome cities and doesn't particularly suck, thanks to the REMOVED influence of Lavos.

- 1999 AD -

"...the world's killed by a giant evil porcupine? What a sucky way to go, kick his ass Crono..."

The Day of Lavos is removed from time and dumped into the Tesseract thanks to Crono, Marle, Lucca, Ayla, Robo, Frog, and Magus, if you picked him. This is a GOOD thing,
by the way. I mean, how were THEY supposed to know about the Time Devourer?

1999 AD - 2400 AD - Saved from "The Day of Lavos" humanity continues on.

- 1999 AD until 2400 AD -

"...Dr. Ashtear was indeed a genius, almost considered a 'mad scientist'..."

Eventually, the Chronopolis Military Research Center is established under Balthasar's and Dr. Lucca Ashtear's influence. I'm certain he chose the name. The Mother Brain
computer, now not corrupted by Lavos, is merged with Prometheus', aka Robo's core programming. Lucca puts Robo in there as a safeguard, in case Mother Brain goes wacko again. Lucca and Balthasar's designs are used as a base to construct FATE, a massive supercomputer capable of collecting data across time, space, and dimension.

- 2400 AD -

"...if we succeed, we'll be able to control, even rewrite time and space..."
An experiment performed in Chronopolis causes a "Time Crash", which throws Chronopolis into some kind of time vortex or something (I forget how it was described). This allows Lavos to draw Chronopolis 10,000 years into the past, and corrupt all of FATE but the Prometheus lock. (See above; 7,600 BC).

Oh, and physical reality is having issues with time, space, and dimension being all borked, so the Dark Moon is created, and it was always there.

3. Home World (1010 AD until 2400 AD)

- 1010 AD -

"...No use living in the past, we have to live for today!..."

Serge nearly drowns on Opassa beach, but is saved by future Kid time traveling to the past...I think, completing another loop in time so that things happen right and there is minimal dimension splitting.

Also, all this borking with time (Schala, Schala-Kid, Lavos, FATE/Chronopolitans, Crono's Crew) causes Home's Chronopolis to get smushed with other timelines from
the Tesseract (2300 AD Dead World, 1999 AD Day of Lavos). And Home's Chronopolis and FATE is destroyed and transmuted into the "Dead Sea", forever frozen in time. FATE, however, installed Miguel as her guardian in this world to keep meddlers from awakening Home's Frozen Flame.

- 1010 AD until 1020 AD -

"...willst thou stand against the goddess of FATE?..."
As in another world, I suppose that there are 6 dragon gods per world but FATE somehow engineers the death of the each dragon god's twin, so there are only 6 dragon gods, total, between BOTH worlds.

Leena grows up, and takes Serge for her boyfriend.

Dario is NOT killed by Karsh, after that little Masamune thing, and he washes ashore on a tiny island, tended to by a caring woman.

Radius, retired from being an Acacia Dragoon Deva in 1016 (4 years ago from present), moves to Arni village and becomes its new chief.

General Viper enters into a pact with Lynx and Harle: in exchange for Acacia's assistance in locating the Frozen Flame, Viper will get to wish Acacia back to
its former glory. They explore the Dead Sea, and get caught up in the Dead Sea nastiness. Probably because they don't have the second Chrono Trigger with them to counter the trans-dimensional nastiness.

Porre begins military expansion into El Nido. With no one to give them any real opposition, they take Termina easily and burn Viper Manor.

Guldove's Dragon Tear (of Love) is kept safe by Steena, the Dragon Shaman after Direa's unfortunate death.

Fargo becomes a stupid cruise ship captain after Zelbess dies. Marbule becomes a place filled with dumb ghosts and basically rots. The demihumans, after the life was sucked out of their homeland, have little choice but to work for fruity Fargo on his fruity S. S. Zelbess and be stripped of nearly all their pride and dignity. As the latest form of entertainment for his ship, Fargo manages to book Nikki (the rockin' bard) and the Magical Dreamers (Miki, Yu, Mi, guest starring the demihumans and Serge & friends). Since this eventually leads to Marbule's restoration, I say
it's the most sensible thing he does.

Kid is absent in this timeline because Serge isn't dead

- 1020 AD until 1999 AD -

"...so, is the Nadia Bell still there?..."
Humanity grows, prospers, builds cute little dome cities and doesn't particularly suck, thanks to the sorta REMOVED influence of Lavos.

- 1999 AD -

"...this doesn't make any sense...other WORLDS...?"
The Day of Lavos happened, right? But because of the Time Crash it was thrown into the Dead Sea along with pieces of 2300 AD and 2400 AD, so it didn't happen everywhere, just in a little teensy spot. Miguel is stuck there to oversee this frozen moment.

- 1999 AD until 2400 AD -

"...but we can't compare her wild theories to our research here..."

Same as in Another World (above) the Chronopolis Military Research Center is established under Balthasar's and Dr. Lucca Ashtear's influence. The Mother Brain computer, now not corrupted by Lavos, is merged with Prometheus', aka Robo's core
programming. Lucca puts Robo in there as a safeguard, in case Mother Brain goes wacko again. Lucca and Balthasar's designs are used as a base to construct FATE, a massive supercomputer capable of collecting data across time, space, and dimension.

- 2400 AD -

"...but...there's the question, should we have, and use this power?..."
Same as in Another World (above) An experiment performed in Chronopolis causes a "Time Crash", which throws Chronopolis into some kind of time vortex or something. This allows Lavos to draw Chronopolis 10,000 years into the past, and corrupt all of FATE but the Prometheus lock.

But all the meddling with this dimension's timeline causes this version of Chronopolis to end up a lot less stable when the dimensions split in 1010 AD. Specifically, it seems to get smushed together with bits and pieces of the Tesseract, Day of Lavos 1999 AD's Leene Dome, and 2300 AD's Dead World domes (Arris, etc.). Somehow, Another's FATE manages to keep some measure of control over her destroyed sister's home, and destroys it when that meddling Serge and his Radical Dreamers try to screw things up. Oh, yes, physical reality outside of the Dead Sea doesn't take this too well either, and thus, the Dark Moon is created, and, FWIW, it was always there.

4. Lost futures and other dimensions

- 1999 AD - The Day of Lavos

"...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM..."
Lavos erupts and releases that massive amount of energy it's been saving in the planet's cor for millions of years. It lays waste to everything and scatters its spawn across the planet, preparing them to invade other worlds. For some reason, in its very core Lavos was harboring a new life form, embodying the stolen dreams of the planet.

Um, well, this future was erased, but it rears it's ugly head in the Dead Sea in Home World so that sucks, But Lavos isn't actually there because he's dead (sorta) IMHO, Crono and friends succeeded in mostly preventing this from happening. I figure it's floating around the Tesseract with all the other crap.

- 2300 AD - A Dying World

"...but you're still hungry..."
Crono and friends end up here after a mishap with a time gate. They find that everything sucks. There is little to no plant life, domed cities are deserted and broken, and the few people left are barely alive and starving. The planet has settled into a bleak, new ice age and is dying slowly and painfully.

In order to figure out what's going on, Crono and friends repair and recruit the a certain unit RY-66R, codename: Prometheus, called "Robo". Crono and friends soon
discover that all this was caused by the eruption of a powerful alien creature called "Lavos" in 1999 AD. It laid waste to the entire world leaving very little left for humanity to do but wait. Crono and his friends try to give the last people a little bit of hope, but resolve here to stop Lavos from destroying their world.

They also come to find Belthasar, thrown here from 12,000 BC. His conscious mind was transplanted into a Nu (one of Gaspar's time-crossing creations). Balthasar/Nu gives our heroes Belthasar's last and finest creation: the Epoch, a passenger ship capable of going through time at will, regardless of location and without the need for time gates.

After receiving Gaspar's Time Egg, Marle and friends attempt to brave Death Peak to save Crono. Balthasar/Nu fulfills its final duty, releasing 3 Poyozo helpers
to make Death Peak scalable. They invoke the Time Egg and jump to the instant before Crono's death, replacing him with an identical, but fake, doll-copy. Thus, Crono is pulled out of time and Lavos' grasp and saved.

Later, heeding Gaspar's foretelling, they return to find that Robo's friends (Atropos and the other RY series) and master (the Mother Brain supercomputer) have long since turned on humanity and plan to destroy what's left of them. It is assumed that Mother Brain was severely damaged during the Day od Lavos and went insane. Lucca, Crono and friends save Robo and destroy Mother Brain system, though Lucca does take with her extensive knowledge of 24th century technology.

Oh, and the nonexistent Black Omen was not permanently sealed, because it didn't become unnecessary because Queen Zeal didn't finish her unification with Lavos. Yes, and Queen Zeal also didn't taunt our heroes about this.

This is also where our CT heroes finally retrieve the Sunstone, which has been resting and storing the energy of the sun for over 65,002,300 years.

This one's a definite goner, and that's not necessarily bad. Sure, it also has its bits and pieces in the Dead Sea, but once FATE detonsates the Dead Sea, it's gone. This post-apocalyptic wasteland was sacrificed to the Tesseract with the hope of a better future taking its place. This more or less happened, but only exists in the memories of all who actually went there and came back. In other words, the CT cast.

- 12,000 BC until 600/1000/1999 AD - Queen Zeal and the Black Omen -

If Crono and Crew didn't kill her in the Black Omen then she and her fortress died with Lavos (no one to
power her, or it). Goodbye, good Riddance.

- 65,000,000 BC until 2400 AD - The Reptite Dimension -

"...they evolved in harmony with the wishes of the planet..."
Did Azala and the Reptites HAVE to die? Well, no. This seems to be a Lavos-free reality, created by the planet. Humans remained basically at Ayla's stage of development if they even got that far. The Reptites founded their own empires and kingdoms that, in many ways, mirrored the humans. By 2400 AD they've gained a similar, yet planet-friendly and much more spiritual, mastery of science
and technology equal to humans of this time. They build the great city Dinopolis and within it, implant the Dragon god plasma organism. The dragon god is like a Reptite version of FATE. It is also capable of tracking other dimensions and heeds the cries of the planet when it is summoned. Thus, Dinopolis is sent through time, space, and dimension to directly counter Chronopolis in 7,600 BC.
The Chronopolitans (and FATE) battle the Dinopolitans (and the dragon god) but FATE wins, divides the dragon god into 6 lesser ones (to weaken and control them) and scatters them throughout El Nido. Dinopolis gets a brief resurgence with the whole Terra Tower thing but it was under the Frozen Flame's control so it doesn't really count.

You want proof? Remember the Chrono Trigger ending where EVERYONE was a Reptite except for, like, one or two humans? I think that the Dinopolis reality is just
an extension of that ending farther into the future. Don't forget that there's also a Reptites rule/humans are apes ending to Chrono Cross as well. Now this is intriguing. I believe that this is a separate, legitimate, unexplored dimension that wasn't committed to the Tesseract, and still exists somewhere.

5. The Chrono Cross "present" (1020 AD), both worlds

"...for all the Dreamers, everywhere, this planet's dream has NOT ended..."
Uh...this is where most of Chrono Cross happens so I'm really gonna gloss over it. Also, I don't want to get
too in-depth with the branching story paths and all because you should know all that, right?

Serge, a nice kid from Arni village, is summoned (by a future Kid) into Another after chatting with his girlfriend. He falls out of the sky on the beach to here and finds out he's dead which sucks royally for him because he has no girlfriend here (because he's dead) or a mom. His mom died of loneliness, or a broken heart, a while ago. Sucks STILL more because Lynx and the Acacia Dragoons attack him after he gets the morbid pleasure of reading his own grave. Worthe yet, he may or may not be stuck with a pink dog who hath a speech impediment.

Kid helps save his butt and they head off to Termina (after shaking the snot out of pathetically pathetic Solt and Peppor). From here, they realize that they'll have to go to Viper manor to figure out what's going on with the Frozen Flame. One way or another they get there, but don't find the Flame. Harle warns them about Lynx (and pisses off Kid) but they ignore her and press on. They find out about Lynx and Viper's little deal and piss them off. To escape Lynx, Kid takes Viper's daughter, Riddel, hostage but is stabbed and poisoned by Lynx, who confronts Serge and messes with his head something nice.

They manage to get to Guldove, thanks to a kid named Korcha who seems very proud of his body to wear so few clothes. Kid's dying, Harle visits and annoys, Serge sees a
Dragon priestess, a Hydra and an ecosystem die, Kid is saved and then robbed by Korcha's bratty little sister, Mel.

They get a boat some new friends, and head off to further the plot but bump into Another Fargo's S.S. Invincible, a pirate ship. The pirates are big meanies until our gang saves their butts from the ghost ship. Fargo gives them some info and they head off to a little old man on a little island that's been attacked by a little Harlequin and beat her down a little. Uh, Radius sez go get Blue Dragon's blessing, so off to Home world.

Unless you're insane, and braved Mt. Pyre WITHOUT the Ice Breath.

Let's see, our gang saves some faeries from some trolls, gets a couple gifts from the Blue Dragon and heads back to Another.

Finally, they go to Mt. Pyre and Ft. Dragonia, solve some annoying yet simple puzzles, confront Lynx, and Serge gets a wardrobe change, about 50 lbs. of muscle, 4 inches of height (without the hat), and fur. Kid gets stabbed and abducted.

Serge (Now Lynx), boinks around in this dimensional void for a while, meets a nice old lady with a unique ability, gets a lecture from Harle and goes back to Home reality.
Problem is, he's hated/feared/not recognized in this new body, except by his mom (moms are great that way) and Home's Radius, Arni's chief. Umn, they head up to Home Termina, and then to the burnt-out shell of sucktastic
Viper Manor, where Norris explains stuff, like the fact that Home's Viper, Lynx, Harle, and the Dragoons are MIA. Oh, somewhere here they also realize that they can't travel
between worlds anymore.

They investigate and find that they went to explore the Dead Sea to find the Frozen Flame...and didn't come back. They decide the best thing to do would be to maybe check out theDead Sea. BUT, hey can't get into the Dead Sea.

Wait, the demihuman sage of Home Marbule might know, Marbule is so close to the Dead Sea and he's, like, a sage and all, but Home's Marbule is sucktastic thanks to Home's Fargo. So our gang hitch aboard the S. S. Zelbess CRUISE ship where they have zany misadventures! They have their boat cheated away, get turned into cats by a stage
magician, fight in a Pokemon battle--I MEAN the Zelbess Grand Slam (and either win, or get creamed, like I did), and win their boat BACK after figuring out that cheating Home Fargo's little scheme. Seriously, though, they might discover why Marbule is sucktastic, make some friends, but might not quite convince Captain sucktastic Home Fargo to helpout. So they find the sage, and convince him to give our gang the key to the Dead Sea (and aside, restore a little of his faith in humanity).

Oops, the entrance to the Dead Sea is also blocked by the EVIL Masamune. Home's Radius, after giving some history on this, knows that to counter the Masamune, one needs the Einlanzer. So, um, they get it, after fighting Garai's spirit at the Isle of the Damned (guess he's still mad at Radius about the being killed thing).

They explore the Dead Sea, discover it's an unstable dimension, as in 1999 AD Leene Dome Day of Lavos Ground Zero, with a little 2400 AD Time Crash ground zero thrown in, spiced with 2300 AD's Dead World. Its condition wasn't helped by Lavos reaching across time for Chronopolis, Schala's well-intentioned meddling, nor the dimension split. It's like somebody took a big ol' scoop outta the Tesseract and smushed it on top of Home's Chronopolis. Gee, I WONDER who can reach beyond the Tesseract to influence time-space? Ok, let me stop the sarcasm because Balthasar probably had a hand
in it too. FATE, despite its lack of power over either Frozen Flame (for different reasons) managed to hold this place together and install Miguel as its guardian. Oh yeah, all the people who ventured into the Dead Sea: Lynx, Harle, Viper, Riddel, and Devas are dead.

CONJECTURE:
Oh, and it's very possible that Home's Kid went in too and also died. I believe that there is only one FATE currently in existence. You see, there WERE two FATEs when the world split, but they likely behaved as one since each was in tune with the other dimension. Remember, FATE was in the past before the split and was likely in both futures too, since they guided the development of the world. Also the dragon gods do refer to the goddessES of FATE, perhaps knowing of her dual physical existence. I believe, though, that Home's FATE was destroyed in the Time Crash experiment when Schala started mucking with time-space while Another's FATE was spared thanks to Schala's non-influence here. Still, one FATE in tune with both worlds seems to be enough to hold it all together for awhile...until Serge drops in.

Miguel and the CT kids explain all this, and Miguel challenges Serge on behalf of Fate
(in front of the ruins of the NADIA BELL AND LEENE SQUARE).
Serge & Co.hand him his HolyDragSword buttocks and FATE, not wanting the Frozen Flame to awaken to Serge's presence, nukes the place...HARD. Luckily, the Holy Sky Dragon, not wanting this to end so soon, saves some sons of man and hints them on their next move.

Regaining the power to cross worlds, they...cross worlds, and find Another's Viper and 2/3 the Devas at the Termina bar. The Acacian group are pretty teed off at Lynx...now "Dark Serge," betraying them, and the fact that their absence allowed Another's Porre army to finally make some headway into El Nido and kidnap Riddel. They did take what's left of Another's Dragon Tear (of Hate) in hoping that it would help somehow. Our gang picks a Deva and goes to rescue Riddel from the EVIL (except for Mr. Norris Niceguy) Porre empire. Um, they go in, deliver a few beatdowns (on Grobyc, Porre soldiers, and dork sword mech), save the girl and a captive pirate captain, and adopt a cyborG.

Everybody meets back at the S. S. Invincible and decides on a course of action: get into Home's Ft. Dragonia and get Serge's body back, but not before obtaining Home's
Dragon's Tear (of Love), in Home's Guldove, which Steena will only give to those who can beat down 6 dragon gods.

Um, to prepare to fight the dragon gods, they do cool subquests! First, they take badass pirate Fargo to meet sucktastic casino Fargo, who, after getting tongue lashing about the depths of his levels of suck, agrees that saving at least ONE Marbule might be what Zelbess really wanted. So, Nikki and Miki sing, dance, and elaborately
perform the life back into Marbule. Home's Fargo finally gets a clue (and officialy stops sucking) and Serge & Co. play exterminator, and piss off Another Marbule's sleeping
Black dragon god after Home's Marbule is cleansed and restored.

Next, Another's Riddel and Karsh discover (quite by accident) that Home's Dario was not killed (possibly saved by the Masamune's power) and washed up on a tiny island, except he has no memory. The Masamune goes all evil and now Serge, Riddel and friends have to fight Dario. They beat him, and Doreen drops in on Masa & Mune
and gives them a schooling about how holy swords should conduct themselves. Serge now gets the 100% enmity-free, 3-spirit-enhanced MasterMune (GrandDream) swallow, after the spirits leave the other sword and stop making Dario go nuts. Serge becomes an overpowered butt-kicking machine, second only to Glenn with 2 Einlanzers (making X-Strike so powerful I had to reset my PSX, thinking there was a glitch with my game). Norris
has the Porre army withdraw from Home's Viper Manor so that Riddel and Dario can rebuild Home's sucktastic Viper ruins into a really nice orphanage for all the war orphans. Despite otherworld differences, they continue their relationship and the 3 Devas are finally 4 again.

Finally, Serge allies with a space alien, who is NOT from the same planet Lavos is. I mean, he's too gosh darned cute.

Ok, back to main plot. 6 Dragons get beaten down. The Dragon's Tear (of Love) is given along with Home's only Dragon shaman, Steena (poor Direa). Harle gets frustrated with all this and leaves the group. Serge & Co. get to Home's Ft. Dragonia and gets a lovely lecture about how reptites really were supposed to inherit the planet and humans are just a symptom of Lavos' presence. After enduring humanity's sucking through history, SERGE FINALLY GETS HIS BODY BACK, and we get to see ALL of it.
...groan...

Uh...okay...Now they go to the Sea of Eden (the indirect way, through FATE's leftover distortions) and visit Chronopolis. All right, I forgot WHY they go to Chronopolis.
Sue me. They find out lots of stuff, which has been more or less outlined in the history and future sections so I shall NOT repeat myself. Anywho, FATE/Lynx/Dark Serge is pleased to finally see Serge and friends. He/she/it's even more pleased to beat them out of existence! Well, not until explaining why the whole Lynx body-switch thing, which is to override the Prometheus software lock (poor Robo!) and mimic the genetic makeup of the Frozen Flame's own Arbiter (Serge) in order to transfer control to FATE. Now all that's left is to get rid of REAL Serge so he doesn't do anything like taking back control of the Flame. Uh, FATE gets a beat down, and Serge finally finds Kid.
Unfortunately, Kid is not right in the head and possessed by a lot of enmity. Harle tries to stop Kid but it's too late. Kid activates the Frozen Flame (thanks to her whole
Schala-Time Devourer connection) and our poor harlequin is forced to join the other 6 dragon gods to form the great Lunar Dragon. Oh, Sky Dragon Isle becomes Terra Tower
and the big, Flame-possessed Lunar Dragon is just itching to get a few eons worth of vengeance on behalf of the planet. Of course, its "righteous indignation" is just a tad perverted by the influence of the Frozen Flame.

At least, thanks to FATE's final destruction, the Dragon artifacts are freed. Serge and Steena use the power of Divine Dragon falls, plus the 6 Dragon artifacts for supplication (probably the last shred of the dragons' mercy) to merge the Dragons' Tears of Love and Hate to form the lost 7th Element (really the sextessence of the other 6), HARLE! Well, no, she's the spirit of the 7th Element, the dark moon, the result of 2 worlds forced apart and then together again. Really, they form the Chrono Cross, the essence of the planet, the final note in the melody and the harmony which can ultimately heal this planet's shattered dream.

Also, they save Kid using the power of the 3 essences of the MasterMune (after another schooling by Doreen--this time, about mercy). Lucca, through Luccianna, gives Kid
a farewell message with an inside regard to Janus Zeal).

Anywho, Serge and friends borrow Starchild's anti-grav device from his flying saucer, whack it onto the boat, and fly up to Terra Tower. They beat down some Elementals, and meet Balthasar for one last time. He explains his and Lucca's rather LARGE part in all this and basically says that all this work was just so Serge could get the Chrono Cross and the Time Egg and save Schala. Belthasar wishes them luck and they reach the top where they get to meet the Lunar Dragon and the TRUE Frozen Flame. After the fight of their lives, Terra Tower undergoes a...unique and perplexing transformation and settles down to earth.

After a group meeting they decide the best thing to do is go to where all this started,
yes, Opassa freaking beach and use the Time Egg to umm, beat down the Time Devourer. At the beach, 3 familiar faces (one recently overcoming a speech problem) fill in what was up with all this and clue them into Lavos, Schala-Kid-Zeal, and the Chrono Cross.

If you just kicked TD's butt, um, Schala gets completely consumed by enmity and they go around devouring universes and stuff. If you pulled off the melody and
the harmony (used the Chrono Cross), the bond between Schala and Lavos is broken, Schala is healed (body and soul) and I think she unites with Kid, making them "whole". The planet is healed and the last of Lavos and his spawn unexists.

Now we're treated to a vague ending filled with good music and postage stamp black and white FMV. I mean, it's GOOD, but only worth it on a big TV. The book is closed
on this saga and Schala Kid Zeal, humanity, and the planet go on with their lives and dreams free from all annoying control-freak influences. I think. Look, the only thing
that's certain is that the Time Devourer doesn't go around devouring time-space continua and leaving "Dead Seas" and Tesseracts in its wake. That, and after being part of the Time Devourer for who knows HOW long, she hasn't lost any of her talking and philosophical musing skills.

edczxcvbnm
12-19-2003, 07:59 PM
As great as all that is...it didn't really answer my question and only brought up more questions because it sounds like way too many assumptions were made in that...biography of the games.

Don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything by saying that but thats just how it comes out.

ForeverZeroUltima
12-19-2003, 09:51 PM
i wonder where Daryn found all the time to type all that...

but anyway, i just wanna say that the whole storyline between both games was once posted at www.chronocross.com BUT it shut down and is "under construction". But i doubt it'll come back on ever.

Stayin Dizzy
12-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
I forgot why the Time Devourer is in between the timelines and everything so I will skip that for the time being until someone kindly reminds me.

Now after you beat the game and everything and you travel back in time to before anything really happened...the 2 times lines are merged again...correct.

Also since the 2 time lines are merged again wouldn't that mean lavos will come and crush us all in 1999A.D. again, thus negating what was accomplished in Chrono Trigger.

Ok so I'm assuming these were your questions.

As the the first part, the Time Devourer is not in between timelines he is in the Tesseract (which is the darkness of time in the US version, keep in mind it is not the same as the end of time though). This is explained on Opassa Beach at the end of the game. Remember when Marle died in CT? The Tesseract is where she went. All lost futures, and time continua objects go here.

For your second part, after you beat CC everything goes back to normal yes Serge wakes on Opassa Beach and Leene told him he just got there. They have no memory of any of it because the time crash never occured. Now when you beat Trigger on the other hand the time crash occurs because Lavos draws Chronopolis back in time as a backup plan against Chrono & Co (as explained in the game). What is in Chronopolis that can possibly benefit Lavos, you ask? Why FATE, dear friend! FATE is a supercomputer entity able to track and manipulate people and places in any number of dimensions. With it, Lavos could easily wipe Crono from existence. But he didn't know that by pulling back Chronopolis, the planet would send back Dinopolis. Now when the time crash occurs the fabric of time is split in 2--home world, and another world (ALSO explained in the game--and I keep mentioning each thing explained in the game because of your statement that too many assumptions were made)

For your last question, No Lavos couldn't come and destroy everything again. The future with Lavos was thrown into the Tesseract (the little bubbles in the tesseract show frozen pieces of the future where Lavos destroyed the world) Now when the timeline is set straight it isn't set straight from the beginning of Chrono Trigger, it's set straight from the moment of the time crash. The time crash occured because Lavos knew he was going to be defeated by Chrono and CO, thus why he drew back Chronopolis to control fate and kill Chrono & Co. Now because Chronopolis was invented mainly by Belthesaur and Lucca (explained in the game) the Prometheus Circuit was put on by Lucca in case FATE ever flipped out. So Lavos couldn't control fate to kill Chrono. But he could use FATE to manipulate events so that, even though Lavos as Lavos is destroyed, it can continue to exist as the Time Devourer. Lavos KNEW Chrono would destroy him. And he couldn't kill him. But as we know from the game FATE is evil as well. She was trying to play god and when Schala heard baby Serge crying out she reached across dimensions to help him (again explained in the game). This caused a massive storm which blew Serge, Wazuki (Serge's dad/ Lynx) and Miguel into the Sea of Eden, Serge came in contact with the frozen flame, became the arbitir, and is was from there out the only one who could access it (explained in game). Also During the storm the dragon gods were temporaraly freed from FATE's power and then created Harle as the 7th Dragon God.

If you have any other questions I'll be gone till after the new year on vacation but will be more than happy to explain answers.

BTW: If theres anything you don't believe me about play through Cross again. I bullshit you not man, most of it is either shown or explained in that one game. Also some loose ends are tied up in the CT for PSX. Theres added endings where it explains the formation of Dinopolis, and the ending where it explains the Masamune going evil.

EDIT* FZU It took me all freakin morning to type that. I started just before 10 and posted it at sometime around 1:20-1:30. 3 and a half hours of my life spent typing something that like 10 people at most will ever bother to read through. I'm a loser today, I'm going to a party now to make up for my pathetic day. See you all after the new year!!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-19-2003, 09:54 PM
That's actually a nearly perfect explanation of things. Just a few objections:
The Enlightened Ones of 12,000 B.C. didn't use dreamstone for magic. Their source was a similar red rock that was actually fragments of Lavos, just like the Frozen Flame.
Balthazar was the one who studied Nu and left the note in Kajar, not Gaspar.
"The Aero-Dalton Imperial" is an AWESOME name.
Nu are creatures of nature, not creations of Gaspar, Balthazar, or anyone else.
Why did you bother to mention the Sunstone side-plot but not so many of the others?
You never really explained why Sarah + Lavos = Time Devourer, or why the big thing inhabits the Tesseract and does what it does.
Dwarves, not trolls.
Still the best comprehensive explanation of both games I've seen, though.

Stayin Dizzy
12-19-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
That's actually a nearly perfect explanation of things. Just a few objections:
The Enlightened Ones of 12,000 B.C. didn't use dreamstone for magic. Their source was a similar red rock that was actually fragments of Lavos, just like the Frozen Flame.
Balthazar was the one who studied Nu and left the note in Kajar, not Gaspar.
"The Aero-Dalton Imperial" is an AWESOME name.
Nu are creatures of nature, not creations of Gaspar, Balthazar, or anyone else.
Why did you bother to mention the Sunstone side-plot but not so many of the others?
You never really explained why Sarah + Lavos = Time Devourer, or why the big thing inhabits the Tesseract and does what it does.
Dwarves, not trolls.
Still the best comprehensive explanation of both games I've seen, though.

1: your right, I messed that up.
2: I thought it was Gasper...Hmm, your likely right though (I'll explain below why I'll easily except that from you)
3: That named SUX!!! LoL.
4: I thought Nu were created...my bad.
5: only mentioned the sunstone sideplot because of Laziness. I didn't feel like going into DEEP detail about EVERY subquest, but probably will throughout numerous subplot thread topics.
6: *SIGH* Ok I'll explain this but am in a hurry so if I have typos don't be pointing them out.

*Lavos+Schala=Time Devourer*

This is an equation people get mixed up. They messed this
up in the US translation. Since Chrono and gang caused a paradox, everything that was in the "old" future was hurled into the Tesseract, where all lost time continua objects go. Lavos was indeed killed in 1999 AD, and it was in fact THAT Lavos which summoned Chronopolis. But the Lavos which Schala was merged with was a Lavos Spawn. The Lavos Spawn ONLY exsited in the "old" future, and all of them were hurled into the Tesseract . This also explains why the "Lavos" you fight at the end
of Chrono Cross is tiny, in fact, just the right size of a Lavos Spawn in comparison to the characters.

And lastly 7: I said trolls?? Hmmm... Still thinking LOTR I guess

Gotta go guys Lata

BTW: Kishi, I said I'd explain why I'd except that answer so quickly. I've read most of your posts in thuis forum, I'd say your one of the most knowledgable people about the two games that I knoew, so Thanks, I appreciate your appreciation of my explanation

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-19-2003, 10:28 PM
What still eludes me, though, is why Sarah ended up in the Tesseract. Why was she--essentially--removed from time and space instead of just crushed or drowned by the destruction of the Undersea Fortress? And exactly why did she end up fused to the Lavos? I'm pretty sure the game provided some explanation, but I've forgotten it.

ForeverZeroUltima
12-20-2003, 12:09 AM
excuse me for straying from the topic a little, but just what is a tesseract? i've looked in 50 different dictionaries and encyclopedias since i first saw that word, but no luck. just what is it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-20-2003, 12:20 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=tesseract

In the context of Chrono Cross, it's that swirly shadowy place where you fight the Time Devourer, as well as Ozzie, Slash, and Flea. As Daryn has already said, it was called "the darkness of time" in the English translation.

ForeverZeroUltima
12-20-2003, 02:22 AM
alright, thanks..........i guess?

Outsider
12-20-2003, 04:28 AM
Okay... I guess I understood a lot of things, and got a lot of other questions now... But you people sure know how to give me a headache...

I could point some mistakes, but I can't really remember them... Oh, just one, The people in 12000BC used the "Planet's Power" to get their power, until they found out about Lavos... So "Elemental using is forbbiden", like some people said to Crono and his pals there. They even sealed the elemental weapons and the sun stone away, so it wouldn't consume the energy of "this tired, old planet"

Anyway, it's too confusing... I'll ignore Chrono Cross from now on, and pretend that the events in Chrono Trigger do not begin any paradox...

Erdrick Holmes
12-20-2003, 03:19 PM
Well I think the Masamune being stolen in 1005 AD would have to do with the stuff happening in Cross.

And actually depending oh how you fight Lavos in trigger would determine how the time fields are effected.

If you go on the black Omen in 12000 AD and defeat Queen Zeal and fight Lavos or in 1999 AD and sucessfully kill it then you've succedded in killing Lavos befroe it has done any real damage.

Spatvark
12-22-2003, 06:28 AM
Daryn, don't claim other people's work as your own. Almost everything you've said has been ripped from Crono228/Terrageist's Story FAQ in the Chrono Cross FAQ section on GameFAQs. Do something like this again and I'll ban you. I am also reporting this to the current maintainer of the FAQ, Terrageist and it is in his hands what he chooses to do with this situation.

TheAbominatrix
12-22-2003, 06:43 AM
You always defeat Lavos before he's done any real damage, no matter what time you defeat him in. If you were to defeat him after he's done damage, than what's the point of defeating him? The only difference in defeating him in 12,000 as opposed to 1999 is the amount of life he's sucked from the planet, but he does that so slowly it probably doesnt make much of a difference. The only time defeating Lavos would be worthless is after he destroys the planet, but that's impossible anyway.

ForeverZeroUltima
12-23-2003, 01:53 AM
*quotes the Abominatrix*

i would like to add, that, even if you DID want to fight lavos after everything is destroyed, you can't anyway! because if you go to 2300 AD and get on the black omen, Queen zeal talks dirty to you for a moment, then the door seals shut, prohibiting you to go further and destroy lavos.

TheAbominatrix
12-23-2003, 01:56 AM
Wow, I've never tried that. *makes a note to do so*

ForeverZeroUltima
12-23-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Spatvark
Daryn, don't claim other people's work as your own. Almost everything you've said has been ripped from Crono228/Terrageist's Story FAQ in the Chrono Cross FAQ section on GameFAQs. Do something like this again and I'll ban you. I am also reporting this to the current maintainer of the FAQ, Terrageist and it is in his hands what he chooses to do with this situation.

ouch...

Sefie1999AD
12-23-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Outsider
Anyway, it's too confusing... I'll ignore Chrono Cross from now on, and pretend that the events in Chrono Trigger do not begin any paradox...

I'll do the same. I just can't understand what happened in CC. The 2nd part of CC seemed way too rushed anyway, and it's almost as if Square got too tired to explain the storyline properly. Of course, it could be that even Square doesn't understand CC's storyline fully.

edczxcvbnm
12-24-2003, 08:00 AM
Okay....it has been a few days since I entered this thread....so. I was looking for more of a yes or no answer at this point as I do understand the majority of the games pretty damn well. I just want to make sure I am not screwing anything up(I am about to replay though the game also...or xenogears...*:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:* I can't decide).

And of course as always The Aero-Dalton Imperial is an awesome name ;)

ForeverZeroUltima
12-24-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
Of course, it could be that even Square doesn't understand CC's storyline fully.

what! how could you say that?

Originally posted by edczxcbnm And of course as always The Aero-Dalton Imperial is an awesome name

Edgar
12-28-2003, 04:16 PM
*head implodes*

Nice info, despite the assumtions. I'm gonna print it out any maybe try to understand to rephrase everthing into something simpler to understand.

EveningCross
02-17-2004, 05:08 AM
Nice info, despite the assumtions. I'm gonna print it out any maybe try to understand to rephrase everthing into something simpler to understand.

Not me. Over here, ignorance is bliss!!! :joey:

Chibi Youkai
02-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Well, I think the best thing is not to think about it too much, but if you play through several of the endings in CT it makes a little more sense, even though the endings themselves are not connected. Each of them seems to give you a little more info.