PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Video Clip! from Dec 20

Delice
12-20-2003, 12:23 PM
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~nanko/movies/ff12-jf.wmv

right click on above link and save as...

amazing exotic new areas revealed!!
and it contains
7 minutes of in game and cinematics!

Towards the end of the clip they reveal some summoning sequences, very intense indeed!

posts your opinions here !!:love:

Breine
12-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Wow! I'm really glad you posted this Delice... Thank you :)

Vaan
12-22-2003, 05:26 AM
Ooh..! I've been waiting for this! Arigatoo! :jap:

Ouch!
12-22-2003, 06:04 AM
That was badass.

If you listen closely from 2 minutes in to about 5.5 minutes you can here them playing the trailer for KH2, must've been running nearby. I also heard the main theme from FFVII towards the end of the clip. Perhaps they're reusing some of the songs... or it was just a trailer for AC. *shrugs* Either way, I'm pumped for all three releases!

Vaan
12-23-2003, 02:38 AM
It's too bad about the muffled sound, but I like what I saw. The graphics are so good, way better than FFX. I haven't gotten into Final Fantasy Tactics Advance so I don't know the race of those pig looking creatures. Or are they new?

DocFrance
12-23-2003, 06:17 AM
Uggh. I'm getting sick of these movies that have been filmed by people in a theater with a camcorder. When are they going to put some actual footage on the internet?

And those pig-looking dudes are Bangaa from Tactics Advance. They look more like lizards, I believe.

Vaan
12-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Tell me about it. Konami has official trailer downloads for its Metal Gear Solid games, I wish Square-Enix would do the same.
And I know the lizard people are Bangaa. I'm talking about the pig dudes. heres a pic.

According to some japanese magazine scans, the name of the brown-haired guy that is in prison with Vaan, is Ba-ru-fu-re-a.

Some Possibilities: Barflare, Barflayer

What do you think?'

EDIT: Just found out that the guy's name is "Balflear".

Ouch!
12-23-2003, 05:08 PM
If I had to guess, I'd call the pig dudes orcs.

eternalshiva
12-23-2003, 05:13 PM
Is it just me or is that KH music playing in back ground? o.O

Ouch!
12-23-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Zaphier
That was badass.

If you listen closely from 2 minutes in to about 5.5 minutes you can here them playing the trailer for KH2, must've been running nearby. I also heard the main theme from FFVII towards the end of the clip. Perhaps they're reusing some of the songs... or it was just a trailer for AC. *shrugs* Either way, I'm pumped for all three releases!

No, it wasn't only you.

Vaan
12-24-2003, 12:46 AM
It was just some trailers playing in the background. And why would you say "Orcs" Zaphier?

Ouch!
12-24-2003, 02:41 AM
I'd say Orcs because in a lot of fantasy novels and role playing games orcs are depicted as pig-like creature. Aside from Tolkien's Orcs, that seems to be the general description of them. At least, as far as I've come across them.

Having not yet played FFTA, I wouldn't be able to see any likeness to any of the races in that game as the only new ones I'm familiar with are Viera and Bangaas, both from FFXII here... so if there are pig-like creatures in TA, it's probably them. But to my knowledge, there aren't.

Delice
12-24-2003, 03:06 AM
So far we know of Bangaa, Hume, and the Vierra race.
The pig race hasnt been announced yet i dont think.

Vaan
12-24-2003, 07:46 AM
I think Square would have a new name for the pig race. I haven't heard of Bangaa's or Viera's anywhere outside of Final Fantasy.

DocFrance
12-25-2003, 11:03 AM
I'm pretty sure that's a Bangaa. The only other thing I can think of is a rabid Nu Mou.

And I was pretty sure that Mustadio-looking gunner was supposed to be called "Balmafreya."

Vaan
12-26-2003, 02:56 AM
nope. It's Balflear. Check out the official Final Fantasy XII site.

www.ff12.com

I can read Japanese too. There is no "ma" character in his name.

crono_logical
12-26-2003, 03:55 AM
That other orc/pig-like race looks like it could be the Nu Mou race (the other new race in FFTA), but I'm not sure, since they excelled in magic and not fighting in FFTA. The ears make it look like it could be a Nu Mou though.

DocFrance
12-26-2003, 06:24 AM
I'm almost certain it's a bangaa. I highly doubt that nu mou have sharp and pointy teeth like that. Besides, how many bangaa have you seen head-on, not from the side? I'm pretty sure it's a bangaa with a shorter snout that most.

crono_logical
12-26-2003, 08:29 AM
Could be that too. Or it could be a cross-species thing :D

Have we actually seen any definite Nu Mou in FFXII previews yet?

Vaan
12-26-2003, 01:07 PM
It looks nothing like a Bangaa. I haven't heard of Nu Mou, but that could be right.

volkyrai
01-06-2004, 08:45 PM
The link doesn't work anymore. :(