PDA

View Full Version : I beat him!! (spoilers)

twobitmage
12-21-2003, 03:16 AM
I beat trema!!! the boss with 999,999 hp!

damn he was hard. I've been trying for about a week but I finally did it!

Kupo
12-21-2003, 03:10 PM
*claps loudly* sweeet! I think Trema is like the Omega Weapon of FFX-2, which is nice because most of the bosses which you have to fight to advance the game are really easy. It's only the optional ones in x-2 that remotely present a challenge. It took me forever to beat Trema, too. Good job!:love::moggie:

blitzballstar01
12-21-2003, 09:18 PM
how the heck did you beat him?!?!? i tried forever and just couldnt so i just gave up and beat the game lol can u tell me any strategies for beating him? please?

twobitmage
12-22-2003, 06:02 AM
even if the first part sounds unbeatable, dont try it alone..

ok first you have to have cat nip (from the lvl 40 boss, the black element)

got that? good.

Now put it on a master gunner, along with the speed bracer for auto haste.

whack the gunner (probably yuna) with a sword or equip and de-equip 2 bloodlusts to make her critical

now use trigger happy and mash the r1 button like crazy for 9999 everytime.

this is NOT however enough

after beating that big omega weapon type thing, and having to fight trema, you should switch to using 5 mana springs (or 1 soul spring if you have it) to drain his mp. He can still use his deadly meteor but he cant use the even more deadly flare or ultima

Switch the other 2 characters to dark knights with crystal bangle, and crystal gloves, and have them use X-potions for healing (since you wanna keep yuna or whoever is the gunner, in critical)

it takes alot of luck even with this so keep trying. trema is VERY fast

EDIT: oh and its a big help if you put the timer and everything on slow, and wait etc. Im not sure but I think it even gives you more time on trigger happy

eternalshiva
12-22-2003, 10:03 AM
what about the invincible bracer that allows to get the Break Damage Limit? Would that be helpful?

blitzballstar01
12-24-2003, 05:00 AM
hmmm yea ive been doing the trigger happy cat nip thingy on yuna, and i had the other two on black knights each with 9999 hp. but thats about it... thanks for the help

o and break damage limit? does that mean that you can attack for over 9999? correct me if im wrong.

twobitmage
12-24-2003, 05:30 AM
I never used it...I didnt even find it :cry:

eternalshiva
12-24-2003, 10:11 AM
xD Yeah you can get past 9999 dmg. Its in Kilika. You have to speak to the guy that is watching the Youth League Building being built in each chapter and in Chapter 5 he asks you if you want to go check it out, puts you in a little boat and you can loot the place for the Invincible Bracer xD

twobitmage
12-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
xD Yeah you can get past 9999 dmg. Its in Kilika. You have to speak to the guy that is watching the Youth League Building being built in each chapter and in Chapter 5 he asks you if you want to go check it out, puts you in a little boat and you can loot the place for the Invincible Bracer xD

CURSES!!

Ultros0
01-03-2004, 12:51 AM
What about reflect?!?!?!?