PDA

View Full Version : Your Perfect Final Fantasy

TheSpoonyBard
12-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Sorry if there have been other threads like this.
If you could create a Final Fantasy using elements from the other games in the series, what would you use?

I'd use the Materia system from 7
the world from 8
Sephiroth would be the main baddie
my party would be Aerith, Squall, Rikku and Freya
id have the graphics of 10
and id have the Ragnarok as the airship

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-22-2003, 01:38 AM
FINAL FANTASY III-2: THE RETURN OF DESH

Outsider
12-22-2003, 03:43 AM
Final Fantasy 6

You can't get any better than that

black orb
12-22-2003, 09:08 AM
>>> Something with more Mogris and Chocobos, or just FF1..

SuperPac
12-23-2003, 12:43 AM
Hmm... Well, to touch on what Darkness said...

I'd have the materia from 7, but mixed with the armor system of 9. It'd be complicated, but I love complicated games...

I think it would be cool to have mroe than one villain, such as maybe Sephiroth and Kuja (my two favorite FF villains). It would make for some really cool rivalry/teamup situations between the two.

A mixture of all the different FF worlds, with only the Farplane from X. It HAS to have an overworld...

Hmm... the hovercraft/chocobo/airship thing like in FF4. That was cool.

Graphics on par with... 6. I want a new 2D game!

unknown88
12-23-2003, 02:01 PM
Hmm, it should have all the weapons ever made, most of them should have more than 1 milion HP, that would be enough for me :)

Yooniece
12-25-2003, 08:00 AM
Sphere system from 10. Graphics, sound, etc from 10.

Story/plot... hmm. I liked 7's but it felt too mechanical, dark... whereas 8 felt too relaxed. I'd like a story that falls somewhere near 6+9's intruige and creativity. 6 left me mystified and 9 had a lot of sorrow/death. Plus 10's overall feeling of ominous doom on the horizon.

Characters. A Sephiroth-like villian... man, he was awesome. I laughed at most of the other FF villians, Kuja was basically a clown, ExDeath was a joke... but Sephiroth was awesome. Throw him in somewhere, but like FFVII, don't make him completely bad... that makes the story that much more drawing. A main character that is strong, SERIOUS but not annoying... preferably male. Maybe a Squall+Cloud combo with confidence. The other characters... Lulu for her sexy broodiness and kick-ass magic, Beatrix for her power and courage, Tifa and Celes for the same reasons (I like strong female characters), and very randomly, Auron. :D

Music.. FF6-level compositions.

Airship... Ragnarok from FF8

Sidequests... preferably as annoyingly hard as FFX.

Games... interactive ones like Blitz but the card game from FF9 was hard too.

Plus... chocobo racing, scary bosses, underwater realms, space, warped dimensions and danger danger romance danger.

Yep. My perfect FF.

Xander
12-26-2003, 09:48 AM
I quite liked the Sphere system of X, so I'd probably have that. For characters I would like Cloud, Vivi, Rikku and Yuna.

The baddie would be Sephiroth I quite liked him as a bad guy. I'd like FFIX type sidequests especially a new version of Chocobo Hot and Cold, but a Monster Arena game like FFX.

I'd like a romance in the story somewhere cos I'm soppy like that...maybe Cloud and Rikku ^_^

Call me a graphics whore but preferably I'd have the graphics of X, I'd just love to see Vivi and Cloud in the style of X. I know we see Cloud "graphically enhanced" in Advent Children but I imagine him a little different maybe in this.

I'd love a world like in IX with castles and a really medieval sort of feel to it. Of course there would be an airship, and it would be like VII's. There would be some optional Weapon monsters, but not as hard as X's Dark Aeons.

Oh and the characters would be able to get Break damage limit and Break HP limit as in X..it would be a challenge though.

There would be lots of moogles as in IX, and they'd be savepoints again. And lots of chocobos too.

That's about all :)

Radje
12-29-2003, 11:34 PM
I had a dream that i was Cloud in a metal gear solid type game (after my girlfriend got me it for my xmas :D) Where instead of the members of foxhound the special bosses would be other FF main characters. The game would be massive though to fit this all in and Cloud wouldn't use all those guns, just his buster sword and throwing knifes.

Zeidrich
12-30-2003, 12:04 AM
Lets see... FFX but 2 player, dunno how the hell that'd work but it'd be very cool!

Edgar
12-31-2003, 12:47 PM
Kefka as villian. That's all I want!

i90east
01-03-2004, 04:40 PM
A very difficult FFVI with PS2 or PS3 graphics and sound. Throw in some extra scenes for more character development too. All bugs would be fixed.

Jebus
01-03-2004, 04:49 PM
I agree with i90, VI was near perfect. I say near perfect, because it was too easy.

So, fix that probelm, update the graphics, and its good to go.

(Although it would kick-ass to have the Ragnarok again, only a little bit faster ><.)

SomethingBig
01-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Zeidrich
Lets see... FFX but 2 player, dunno how the hell that'd work but it'd be very cool!

It can be like FFIX's two player thing where two people command the party during battle.

Perfect FF:
I'd mix the materia and junction systems.
FF9's weapon system.
A villain much like Sephiroth/Jenova, where you think you're actually chasing the real villain, but you're not.
FF6's summon system where you can learn some - not all. probably just the most powerful ones - spells and also the thing where your status improves according to the esper you equipped.
FFX-2's fast-paced battle system.
A Gold-Saucer-like place(chocobo racing, of course!).
Definitely a job system.
FFX's overdrive system.
Like Yooniece, FF6-like music, but with vocal music like "Eyes on Me" and "Melodies of Life".
And the plot should be deep and have tons of plot spoilers. I want the plot to be like 7's, where you think you've solved a mystery, but you've only just had a sample of what's to come.

Doomgaze
01-05-2004, 09:14 AM
it would be Chrono Trigger.