PDA

View Full Version : Jewel Ring = perpetrator of frauds

robfinalfantasy
12-22-2003, 11:09 PM
I did a search (jewel ring, jewel ring dark) and found nothing. Did anyone ever notice that the Jewel Ring (bought early on in South Figaro) doesn't actually protect a character from dark? It only guards against petrify even though its description clearly states that it provides protection from both dark and petrify.

DocFrance
12-23-2003, 06:19 AM
Doesn't really matter, since the Dark status has absolutely no effect on your characters. That's right, folks. Some sort of error in the code makes it so that everything has a 100% hit rate all the time.

robfinalfantasy
12-23-2003, 01:51 PM
I also noticed that. I found it very strange when my characters were always hitting considering they had the status effect dark. Did you ever realize that the description of the jewel ring was a lie?

Outsider
12-23-2003, 03:32 PM
No, I always used Googles in the Lete river... And they really protect you from dark. Which is the same as protect you against something that has no effect, and this is stupid...

But I couldn't notice that you had 100% hit rate all the time. What makes that "Sniper Sight" a very, very stupid relic.

GogoTheMimic
12-24-2003, 06:29 AM
If your hit rate is 100%, how can you miss when you attack a Cactrot? ;)

The Man
12-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Outsider
No, I always used Googles in the Lete river... And they really protect you from dark. Which is the same as protect you against something that has no effect, and this is stupid...googles (www.google.com) eh? ;)

The dark bug is almost as stupid as the evade bug, if not more so. I like the way blindness is handled in Chrono Cross - it actually makes blindness make battles REALLY FREAKING HARD. Which they should be when you're BLIND. FFVI is the worst of the lot at handling blindness.

Outsider
12-24-2003, 07:05 PM
Oh yeah... Finally I found something to like in Chrono Cross... Now that I come to think of it, what shows me how lame that game is.

Anyway, I never noticed that "dark" bug, cuz I always used special techniques when I was blind (cuz I thought that this way I'd be hitting the enemy, no matter if I was blind)

CloudDragon
12-27-2003, 01:09 AM
Just wondering, but does anyone know if that bug was actually fixed in the FFAnthology version? I think it might have been...not sure though.

Heath
12-27-2003, 04:58 AM
In my FFVI (not Anthology, it was released seperately in Britland, Anthology was IV and V), I think it may have been, I got bored with the waiting times and completed FFVI in ROM form instead though =P