PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!! NEED EXP! without doing the magic pot trick

lionslash
12-23-2003, 04:35 AM
I want to be level 99 before I enter the crater. My party is Cloud, Red XII, Vincent. I have KOTR, all of their level four limit breaks. Everybodys ultimate weapon, now I just need to be level 99 and I think I am ready to go fight Sephiroth! So can someone please help me find out where the enemies who give you the most EXP are?

Mo-Nercy
12-23-2003, 05:54 AM
The thing is, you can beat Sephiroth on level 50-60. And Meteorain will do the job. You don't need KOTR...

Although, seeing as you do have level 4 limits and KOTR and ultimate weapons...Sephi's gonna be a breeze if you went in now.

But, if you are one of the people that demand a perfect game...I spent most of my time before the Northern Crater training around Mideel. I'm not sure if there's any better places.

Numisma
12-23-2003, 06:00 AM
there's always the sunken Gelnika. the Unknown1-3 creatures delve out some good EXP and meager enough AP.

Mo-Nercy
12-23-2003, 06:09 AM
Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

TheSpoonyBard
12-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Yea, as above, but you could also try equiping a couple of mastered EXP Plus materias on each character. I think you get it from the lady in the Wonder Square in the Gold Saucer.

Killy
12-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Why not enter the crater, you can exit it if you want. it will go faster that way.

Yuffie is a B****
12-29-2003, 03:42 PM
Magic pot does wonderful things for me, but I never get experince from it

omega
01-09-2004, 02:59 AM
first instead of using the ultima weapon which renders no ap for your materia, you should get the apocalypse for cloud

the apocalypse has a magic growth of three so in other words the materia growth is trippled!!!!!!!!!!

after getting apocalypse go to mideel that is probably one of the best places to train

that is where i got to level 99 with ALL of my characters

if you get to level 99 but you still want a lot of ap to master your materia then there is one other place that you can go...........but you have to go into the crater

inside the crater in the room with the green mako energy covering the floor (the same place that has a lot of tonberrys eyemages and magic pots) there are a different kind of enemy

these enemies are called movers you will probably not find them in any strategy guide

you probably know that magic pots give you 1000 ap and with the apocalypse equiped, you get 3000 that is a LOT

well, the movers give you 1200 ap each, and you never run into less than four of them at a time

that's like 10000 some ap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the movers look like little pikn eggs, and the upside is that they have so little hp that one hit can kill one with slash all, you could get like 10000 ap with one hit

(if you want to know how to get apocalypse, it is in the ancient forest)

i do have a tip though: the first time i beat sephiroth, and i was at level 45-60 and i didn't even have kotr

you can beat both sephiroths with one hit of kotr they are easy

my only other tip is that the first time i beat him i had vincent cloud and nanaki(red xiii) vincent is not a very good fighter

i say that instead of vincent, get Tifa to level 99, trust me she is a much better fighter, and you will be happier with her results than you will vincents

my tifa is so tough that even with out cloud and red XIII i could beat proud clod you know....in the battle arena

i am really sorry about rambling on and on about my opinions and ideas, but i think you will find the information accurate and usefull

P.S.: if you ever want to complain to me about the stuff i said, then you just e-mail me....it's: myomegaweapon77@yahoo.com

Sjalle
01-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Lol the perfect team is :

-Cloud
-Cid
-Yuffie

I can't understand that you're not using Cid, he's a pain in the arse. Don't understimate yuffie either, she is surely one of the best fighters. I beated every boss in the game with these guys, on level 60 i guess (the emerald and ruby weapon were hard on lvl60).
Why are you using Vincent ?? He's last limit just sucks, transforming into a non-controlable beast... I would never use him.

GaV
01-09-2004, 07:14 PM
i used cloud, cid and barret when i completed the game all those years ago :)

Flying Mullet
01-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Just an fyi to the level 99 bit, Sephiroth is programed to be approximately three times as hard when your characters are level 97-99. If it is one character is at least 97 in your current party, one one charcter in general, or all characters I don't know. But regardless, be wary of getting all of your characters to level 99, as Sephiroth will be A LOT harder.

Sjalle
01-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Yeah barret"s cool too, but I heard he hasn't a good last ultimate weapon.

DMKA
01-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I've beaten the game at various levels and well, hes quite difficult at Lv. 99, as he is at Lv.44. The way Sephiroth is a breeze is you you get just high enough in levels to hit 9999 every time, or just cheese the game off by being level 50 with KoTR:p.

Anyway, Magic Pots give you a ton of AP...they're perfect for leveling up your materia...but the BEST way to level up your characters...and I'm shocked that I'm apparently the only one who knows/remembers this, is by going to where theres those golden statues with the water (the same area where magic pots can be found I'm pretty sure), and fighting these 3 little rotating stones. These things are easy and give you an insane amount of EXP. Equipping EXP. Plus materia and Enemy Lure Materia really helps and speeds things up, so make sure you do that as well.

Oh and this is the North American version I speak of...not sure if theres any differences in the other versions as far as EXP. distribution goes.

ForeverZeroUltima
01-11-2004, 11:29 PM
are you talking about the Movers? Those little orange balls that jump up and down? I don't remember those giving ANY exp at all. only an insane amount of AP. i think around 9000 AP.

DMKA
01-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Maybe it was AP that they give you a ton of...all I know is theres some enemy that gives you an insane amount of EXP. and I was almost certain it was them, cause I remember getting my Cloud, barret, and Cid to Lv. 99 that way.

Lost
01-12-2004, 08:02 AM
I don't think I ever seriously took time to level up. Although I spent time around mideel trying to gain money to buy food for my chocobos to get KotR (maybe this was my leveling up). I never enjoyed fighting in the Sunken Gelnika, the monsters were annoying, they usually put some kind of effect that cause serious problems in trying to defeat them.

Like everyone else I recomend Mideel, if not the Nothern Crater.

omega
01-19-2004, 02:51 AM
this time i am going to talk to ForeverZeroUltima

i never said that the movers give you exp

if you look at my reply, i said that the movers give you a lot of ap

hey can i ask you a question? well im gonna anyway

here we go...................do you like chocabos?

i like chocabos but i cannot stand mogs!

sorry for getting off the subject, i do that alot

any way, send me a reply alright???

ForeverZeroUltima
01-19-2004, 06:43 PM
....i don't remember you, omega. i was talking to devilmaykickass.
...and i like chocobos fine, *growls*

omega
02-02-2004, 09:03 PM
come on guys, nobody has replied in a while...

are you all sick or something?

well, just reply soon, please

right now the only person who is online besides me is

flying mullet....would you send me a reply?

Flying Mullet
02-02-2004, 09:04 PM
If a thread's dead, let it be.

omega
02-02-2004, 09:05 PM
"if a thread's dead, let it be"

what does that mean?????

.................................................................................................... ..................

hey flying mullet, are you still there???

Flying Mullet
02-02-2004, 09:09 PM
The thread is dead because no one has posted in it in a while. Posting in a thread just to keep it active is known as "bumping", and that's a no-no.

Basically if no one is posting in a thread it's because no one cares about it anymore and you should let the thread be.

p.s. What I'm doing is also considered mod-whoring by some, so I'll stop now. "Bad Flying Mullet" *smack*

omega
02-02-2004, 09:15 PM
i guess i will just find somewhere else to go then....see ya flying mullet

i know it is none of my business, but why is "bumping" such a no-no??

you don't have to answer that if you don't want to, but i will be in this forum for a little while

Flying Mullet
02-02-2004, 09:20 PM
People will sometimes "bump" a thread to keep it active, or at the top of the forum list, so people will see it and will be more likely to check the thread out. If this was allowed, then people would spam up their threads with garbage just to keep it at the top of the list for others to see.

The natural lifecycle of a thread (if there is such a thing) tends to be that the thread is created and gets some activity, then after a while it drops in the list of threads (sorted by last post date/time) until it drops low enough that it gets pruned because it is an inactive thread. It's nature's way of keeping the forums clean and up to speed, kind of like nature, where the weakest/oldest animals dies off, or in this case the weakest/oldest threads die off.

omega
02-02-2004, 09:28 PM
well, i gotta get off of the internet now, so se ya......

if you still want to talk(you probably don't because nobody likes me *sniff sobs sobs*) my email adress is

myomegaweapon77@yahoo.com

TheLast1
02-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Sjalle
Lol the perfect team is :

-Cloud
-Cid
-Yuffie

I can't understand that you're not using Cid, he's a pain in the arse. Don't understimate yuffie either, she is surely one of the best fighters. I beated every boss in the game with these guys, on level 60 i guess (the emerald and ruby weapon were hard on lvl60).
Why are you using Vincent ?? He's last limit just sucks, transforming into a non-controlable beast... I would never use him.

Yeah but vincent does come in handy in the battle arena, or his limit does anyway.

Lord Xehanort
02-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Vincent was in my party because I needed a third member and I thought 'Why did I find him if I'm not gonna use him!?!'. So I threw Mime on him and Mimiced KOTR.

katana
02-07-2004, 04:42 AM
lionslash, you roxorz! Thats the perfect team! I thought I was the only person who used them. Anyway, Sephiroth will go down with one KOTOR if you take off his barrier, so I would suggest not using it, to make the game more fun. You will also get to see Sephiroths summon attack(or is it a limit break) which is uber cool. But your already set if you just want to beat him.

Lord Xehanort
02-07-2004, 01:47 PM
For the record, that's my team too. When Cloud went into a coma, I replaced him with Cid.