PDA

View Full Version : plotholes...*spoilers*

Flare_Star
12-23-2003, 10:28 PM
there are some things in FFX that make me wonder.

Apparently, 10 years ago, Jecht went out to train and never came back. If that was the time when Jecht came to Spira how did he get there? If it was by riding Sin, someone has gotta see Sin coming, the massive hulk that he is. And while he was at it Sin would probably destroy Zanarkand as well. But why would Sin come to Zanarkand? And just happento pick up some blitzball player training in the sea?

And..

How come Sin did not infect Tidus and Auron with his "toxin"? Because it cant be a big lie because some guy in kilika is meant to be suffering from sins toxin.

Theories?

SomethingBig
12-23-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Flare_Star
But why would Sin come to Zanarkand? And just happento pick up some blitzball player training in the sea?

Seeing as how you asked this question, it's safe to assume that you haven't gotten too far into the game. Sin didn't "pick up" Jecht. Jecht chose to become Sin, at the end of Braska's pilgrimage. When a Summoner fights Sin, he becomes Sin, or something like that. I forget why Jecht chose to become Sin, though.

Flare_Star
12-23-2003, 10:53 PM
nononononono. Read the whole thing. Tidus says that Jecht went out for training one day and never came back. That was when sin takes him to spira. The question was :Why did sin take jecht to spira? (if it was sin, of course.

btw i have finished FFX. twice.

SomethingBig
12-23-2003, 11:10 PM
Oops, sorry. I guess I misread your post.

Mo-Nercy
12-24-2003, 03:08 AM
*** SPOILERS ***

Well, it seems that the connection between Tidus' Zanarkand and Spira is Sin and the only entity that can cross freely between the two is Sin. We know that Auron rode Sin to Zanarkand to watch over Tidus. That's alright because at that time Sin is Jecht and because he's Jecht he was transported without being harmed.

So.....Jecht went to Spira the same way Auron went to Zanarkand. Through Sin. So...who defeated Sin before Braska? The game never says who was before Braska, or how many summoners have defeated Sin, or how often it happens.

Whoever was Sin then...liked Jecht? And didn't kill him?

Ultima Seraph
12-24-2003, 04:35 AM
I'm sure everyone knows by now that there are spoilers, so here I go...

Bahamut's fayth talked to Tidus, saying that "they (the fayth) were watching him for a while". The Fayth dreamed up Jecht and Tidus both... with a desire to bring them into Spira. My guess is that the fayth who became Sin before Jecht talked to the fayth and was convinced to bring Jecht here, so that Spira's suffering would end. Unfortunately, Jecht chose to become the final aeon... why? Auron and Braska asked Jecht why, and Jecht's reply was about a plan and he laughed...

Bahamut's fayth, as I mentioned, tells Tidus that the fayth were watching him and Jecht... what I believe he meant was this: they dreamed up these two in order to destroy Sin permanently.

And the "toxin" thing was mostly a lie forged by Yevon, I think. Although being close to Sin did effect some people around Spira, but I think it's mostly psychological.

SeeDRankLou
12-24-2003, 05:29 AM
If after you get the airship you go to the temples again and speak to all the fayth a second time (with the exception of Bevelle and Baaj Temple) the fayth will talk to you again and tell you interesting things about the story of the game.

If you speak to (I think) the fayth in Kilika, he will tell you that Jecht was a dream of the fayth. And that when Jecht touched Sin he became real, and thus was no longer a part of the dream. The fayth will also tell you that Sin could somehow go to the dream Zanarkand, perhaps to calm it.

And, if you speak to Auron on the airship several times right before you go to fight Yu Yevon, Auron will tell you the reason behind Jecht bring Tidus into reality. Something about giving Tidus life, hard as the journey was, it was still life.

And I agree with Ultima Seraph about the effects of the toxin.

Flare_Star
12-24-2003, 01:47 PM
yea auron says that Jechts dying wish was to watch over Tidus. So auron did. Then Auron says that when sin came to Zanarkand, he changed his mind. He says that he could see in sins eyes (?) that Jecht wanted Tidus to come to spira and have a shot at life. So Auron took him to spira.

As for ultima seraph's answer, i never thought of that. It makes Tidus sound like Spiras version of Jesus Christ. The fayths dreaming up Tidus so that they could sent him to spira and destroy sin, then die.

Merry christmas to all.

macshorsecookies
12-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Hi!
I just put this here instead of putting it in a new thread because I think it kind of has to do with the same thing (plot hole...) IF Jecht and Tidus, and especially Tidus's mom are all just dreams of the fayth... then why are they on the farplane? I remember it said something about tidus's mom really being like ready to die (can't remember exact wording) so that's how she got there without being sent, but, I mean if they are just "people" that the fayth dreamed up they shouldn't be on the farplane should they?
Just a thought... :choc:

Flare_Star
12-24-2003, 02:21 PM
Tidus and jecht are on the farplane becuase they are in spira and are not dreams now, they are living breathing people. Not sure about tidus' mum though..

Aerio
12-24-2003, 06:05 PM
I always though Tidus and Jecht were real in the real Zanarkand but their lives were different then thus his mom was real at one point to...anyways thats why i think Shuyin is the real TIdus from Zanarkand in FFX-2 which explains why they look so much alike(i don't think so though) but that has an Error to...why wasn't Jecht there? Maybe being real since he touched sin affected something or another bleh :rolleyes2 :mad:

lemonation
12-25-2003, 07:16 PM
Jecht wasn't there because he was in Sin.
And I agree. The people in Zanarkand are based on real people who lived in the real Zanarkand a thousand years ago.

SeeDRankLou
12-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by macshorsecookies
I remember it said something about tidus's mom really being like ready to die (can't remember exact wording) so that's how she got there without being sent

The Al Bhed theorized something like one of the powers of the pyreflies was to take the thoughts of someone who had died and make an illusion of that person. I'm not wording it correctly, but the old wise person that you talk to tells you about it. If you talk to him in Guadosalam he will tell you. I would guess that would be the reason.