PDA

View Full Version : Friggen digital camera

Erdrick Holmes
12-24-2003, 05:17 PM
I just got a new digital camera today and heres the annoying part, it wont take pictures unless Iit's connected to my computer and I open up the camera from "My computer" on the desktop. I hit the little shutter button and it's still not taking any pictures, how can I remedy this?

crono_logical
12-25-2003, 05:18 AM
Doesn't sound like you're using it properly, to be honest :p

Has it got a power supply when it's not plugged into the PC, and memory installed so it can actually store the pictures taken somewhere before you transfer them to the PC? Reading the User's Manual might be helpful too :D

Erdrick Holmes
12-25-2003, 08:36 AM
It's got a litium Ion battery, oh and nevermind, this camera's shutter only works when the room has alot of light in it. So due to my stupidity and use of cameras I humbley request that this thread be closed.

blue_midget192
12-25-2003, 01:15 PM
noo, this thread shal stay open for ever and ever leaving it for all to se ur stupidity!! mwhahahahaha *leaves self open for mod to insert witty message countermanding my post-shal-stay-open-for-ever-mwhahahaha post and close thread anyway* :D woop

Erdrick Holmes
12-25-2003, 07:11 PM
The software that came with my camera can create AVIs while I it's connected via USB but the quality is crap and it can take a 15 second long piece of footage and make it about 41 megs big, is there any other video recording software that can work better.

Killy
12-25-2003, 08:29 PM
You could alway Re-encode those AVIs, it is not that hard to do.

crono_logical
12-26-2003, 12:17 AM
41MB for 15 seconds sounds like it's writing full uncompressed frames, which is probably what I'd want for a direct recording of such a short period of time. As for the poor quality, that's because it's USB and USB doesn't have enough bandwidth for hi-res video that USB2 or Firewire could handle. You could reencode the video to something like XviD, bu that'd only make the filesize smaller and more sensible for the video length, it won't increase the quality of the video though.