FInalfantasyfinatic4
12-27-2003, 06:45 PM
is it any good?

St. Anger
12-28-2003, 01:54 AM
:mad2: hell ya

Rostum
12-29-2003, 04:45 AM
It really depends on your matter of opinion, I know some people would rather be a Paladin than a Dark Knight, hell I'd rather be a Dragoon!

Bahamut2000X
12-29-2003, 05:40 AM
Well from what I've seen Dark Knights do thier job of damage well. But they can't take hits at all.

Grand Lethal
12-31-2003, 04:52 AM
I played it for a bit in Beta as a Taru. It was loads of fun, easy to level solo at low levels, and nice if you are in a PT with at least one War and one Whm. Drks get a lot of hate because they hit hard, but can't take hits to well (better if you sub war or Pld... but you are a nut if you use pld for a sub). Make sure you have a war to pull it off you and a whm to keep you healthy

Cloud's Soul
01-01-2004, 04:35 PM
I can't wait until I hit Drk but right now I am a Wht mage lol, so my sub will be a White Mage :P

Ouch!
01-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Dark Knights never really were my thing. I'm goin' dragoon instead.

Lockheart
01-07-2004, 08:03 AM
A DRK is a great damage dealer. In a group with 2 Tanks and 2 healers. They become mindless killing machines. ^^ there are a few DRKs in my Linkshell. If you are going the way of Darkness(insert evil music) Be sure to have a WAR or PAL in group. It will make your job easer. :)

Ichy
01-10-2004, 11:00 PM
If you are going the way of Darkness(insert evil music) Be sure to have a WAR or PAL in group. It will make your job easer.
Actually... It will flat out make your job possible ;)

Same goes for us Samurais, too, need a proper Tank and a Healer. We hit hard and WS quite a bit more often than most players, so we get the hate fast. Def is a little better than DRK, but not too much... Just enough that you can somewhat tank at lower lvls. Come lvl25, though, you'd be suprised how many people actually think you can tank just because you're wearing chainmail and have WAR subbed... Doesn't quite work that way, we have little to no Def bonuses, unlike right and proper tanks ;).

I've seen alot of DRKs going with SAM for their subjob, and I can easily see why. Attack bonuses, Third Eye skill (automatically dodge the next attack. If you dodge it naturally with your evades then the skill stays in effect for the next hit), decent HP. As if that wasn't enough, Store TP passive ability (get more TP per hit, stacks as you get it again in later lvls) and Meditate (Sort of like the Regen spell only for your TP). I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to gain even more TP with an already well oiled melee killing machine like the DRK?

Lionx
01-11-2004, 08:21 AM
As for missing i heard a few DEX up rings and earrings can remedy most things, dont worry abotu STR up besides ur weapon, since u already got enough power as it is.

Thunday Man
01-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Yep, they cant tank to well, but they can do 1 thing for sure, do damage. their lifetap and stat taps help alot too.

Liquid Glass
02-28-2004, 04:49 AM
NO! I was gonna do DRK/WHM! Better for soloing, but it helps with keeping myself good and also makes downtime shorter, or so I think..,.

Lionx
02-28-2004, 05:08 AM
No if you are partying your going to make MORE downtime with the /WHM. See although its great for soloing, after the first ten or so lvls, soloing usually aint too much of an option any more. Its not good in any way unless ur a BST.

With /WHM you are more inclined to sit and heal more, just so you can get the MP back therefore losing the rare TP you gain. See if you rest for MP, per heal you lose 10% of TP that can be used for a weaponskill. And DRKs miss a bit cuz they use 2H the best, therefore less TP. Their magic is a bit more focused on Absorbing the enemies stats and stuff than healing. Would you like /WHM and not get the STR and abilities of a WAR(Provoke, Beserk, DEF up, Defender, Double Attack, etc), or a SAM(TP Storage, Third Eye, Mediate), or THF(Sneak ATtack, gilfinder, treasure hunter, flee, trick attack)? I would say no....sub a melee with a melee, and a mage with a mage in exp parties.

Liquid Glass
02-28-2004, 05:21 AM
yeah good point, but a DRK already has mp from the BLM part, but I will probably only stick around with my WHM for a while then just use my WAR.

Lionx
02-28-2004, 09:11 AM
DRK has no BLM part they just have some MP. Their spells arent that important if you have a RDM or BLM in my opinion, so they arent as viable to rest after a fight when out of MP. You can keep on going and the best thing to do is rest after you run out of TP. Unlike PLDs(Cure spells are for hate management) and mages, your MP isnt that much on the high and needy list as of yet.

And BTW dont ever do a WAR/WHM, i seen enough of those to make me puke...its a horrible combo, the PLD wanna-be yet fails horribly.

loki90210
06-11-2004, 10:22 PM
well im a lv 50drk an loving it i have good weapon skills an im doing dmg but its best to sub warrior till lv 60 an when u hit lv 60 sub a samurai cuz meditate an which givesu 100 tp people well love u cuz but its best to use scythe for dark knight then on ur free time lv up other weapons like greatsword but stay with scythe an drks dont pull as much hate as a good paladin an dont sub a paladin thats a bbad sub for dark knight stick with war or thief thats all peace

Lionx
06-12-2004, 03:42 AM
I disagree with SAM sub, it only gives you 60TP max, and because of all your spamming, the tank will have a TOUGH ass time holding hate. I recommend THF so you can Trick Attack all the dmg and hate into the tank and help him do a better job and do a substantial ammount of dmg.

Rostum
06-12-2004, 04:51 AM
After leveling WAR, MNK, WHM, BLM, DRG and THF I have realised that I am going to go DRK/THF. ^^ Sounds loads of fun and I love damage! XD