PDA

View Full Version : I bought FF9....but...

LionHart
12-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Well I gave up on downloading FF9. Too big. Plus you guys are right it is illegal and I shouldn't do it. (Also I don't want to get in trouble) Well, I put a sad face as the Message Icon because I bought the game used and I have reached a scratch on the disk and the game doesn't work past it. It's on Disc 1. 7 hours into the game, I walk into a room somewhere in the Burmecian Palace and the screen stays black while I here the disc spinning up and trying to load the data. It never loaded. Now I'm really sad cause I got ripped off for one thing...$20.00 for a used game is a rip cause I saw it for only $20.00 brand new at Wal-Mart last year when I bought FF8. Anyone know a way I can get it to work?

I wanna play FF9!!!!!!!!:crying:

TheAbominatrix
12-25-2003, 09:00 PM
Try wiping it down with a soft, dry cloth. But aside from that, I dont know of anything. My FFIX copy was brand new when I got it for Christmas the year it came out, but disc three had a poc mark in it and freezes on a certain FMV. Cant get past it.

If you bought new I'd say go ask for them to replace the disc, but you didnt so... I think you're screwed.

LionHart
12-25-2003, 09:07 PM
I heard rubbing Alcohol cleans them well so I tried that and it didn't do any better. I think it is beyond cleaning repair cause I copied the game to see if it would work and when I get that room it shows up chuncks of the room and they are all out of place and distorted. However...my CD burner isn't working to well and half of the data didn't even burn.

DocFrance
12-26-2003, 06:21 AM
If you ask someone REEEAAL nicely, I'm sure they can send you a copy of the first disc (that wouldn't be illegal since you've already purchased your copy). Of course, this would involve giving your home address to some stranger on the internet, and you probably wouldn't be too comfortable with that.

LionHart
12-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Well...my mom wouldn't let me give out my mailing address, so could someone e-mail it to me? I know it would take a while for me to download it from the mail, but I could do it. It's only one disc. If someone could place their FF9 Disc 1 in their comp and open the drive, then select all the files, copy, paste them to you comp, zip them and upload them and send them to me then I would be very very grateful. I have tried burning a game from just the info on the comp before and it has worked for me. Don't make an ISO file just send the files like they are on the disc. If anyone would be interested in helping me out, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address. Thanks a lot.

DocFrance
12-27-2003, 02:20 PM
Hmmm.... let me see what I can do.

LionHart
12-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Hmmm.... let me see what I can do.

Are you gonna help me out?

LionHart
12-29-2003, 08:04 PM
IT WORKS NOW!!!!!! I bought a scratch repair kit from Wal-Mart and used it, but it didn't fix it. So the next day (which would be yesterday) I went to my neighbor's house and used their CD burner to copy my game. The copied disc works. I'm so happy!:D Well thanks anyway guys.

P.S. Someone can close this thread if they want. I prolly won't be needing it anymore.

Loony BoB
02-13-2004, 01:04 PM
Aaaaaaaaas yoooooooouuuuuuuu wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish *falls down hill*