PDA

View Full Version : Awful Fantasy III (or VI to you and me)

Cloudane
12-26-2003, 06:26 PM
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1870

A spoof/modded FF3! I don't know if what they've done is entirely legal, but it's amusing anyway :D

Edit: Well, after playing for a bit I can safely say it has its amusing moments, its coarse moments and its "this is obviously a private joke" moments :p

Edgar
12-28-2003, 03:14 PM
LOL :rofl:

buggy tho.

TheAbominatrix
12-28-2003, 06:46 PM
It's pretty funny, though some of it is just stupid. 'Locke's' victory pose including his naked nethers is just lame, and all the drug references just remind me of jr high school kids giggling behind the gym. It's worth a play though, it's always fun to see spoofs.

Outsider
12-29-2003, 01:21 AM
I played it a few days ago... I was surprised to see that somebody else found it...

I say it was funny for a while. But the only part I really laughed was in the fight against the "fragmaster". Damn...

ForeverZeroUltima
12-29-2003, 05:55 PM
0_o

Doomgaze
12-30-2003, 04:58 AM
I'm guessing it's really funny if you're a SA goon. I'm not (farker, rather, which is a far inferior caste ;D)

There was a few things that really made me laugh, though.

The Frag Master was good, yeah, OMG GG DOOD

Snacky Cakes!

We're cleaning.
With fire?
...yes. It's nature's water.

There's always been a nasty draft in this room. I wonder if it's from that large gaping hole in the left wall?

TheAbominatrix
12-30-2003, 05:14 AM
:D It's downright hilarious at times. I also like the Monty Python 'Knights of the Round Table' routine.

Cloudane
12-31-2003, 01:06 AM
I got owned at the moogles vs. soldiers bit *feels ashamed* - mismanagement on my part - sounds like it's worth replaying from the last save point though!

I like the way they replaced the dogs with those little puppies that instantly disappear :p

Edgar
12-31-2003, 12:46 PM
Heh, that's where i stopped too :P

Wait...soldiers? Moggles? What are you talking about?

ForeverZeroUltima
01-03-2004, 05:37 PM
argh...is there a way to defeat Fragmaster?? *tries to get level 99 to beat him*

TheAbominatrix
01-04-2004, 12:01 PM
I'm at lvl 99 and I STILL cant beat the jerk. He absorbs Ultima... the thing that's done the most damage for me is the drill.

By the by, has anyone figured out how to get the chainsaw?

ForeverZeroUltima
01-04-2004, 07:23 PM
i was stuck at getting the chainsaw too....but eventually i decided to compare this game with the real version of ffvi. and this is what i found....
when setting the clock in "ZoZo", it will say that some girl is as pretty as a....(choose the third option, which i believe is "Pony"). Then it will ask something else. (Choose the first option). Then it will ask someting else, (choose the last option). the door will open and you wil get the chain saw.

TheAbominatrix
01-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Cool, thank you. I figured that was the way to do it, but I was very tired and didnt even wanna try.

ForeverZeroUltima
01-05-2004, 03:07 AM
no problem ;)

DJZen
01-18-2004, 04:56 AM
This isn't actually a parody of FFVI, it's a parody of the internet. There's many times where they make fun of parts of FFVI, but for the most part what they're making fun of is a combination of L337 $p33k and general stupidity. I'm not sure that you're even supposed to be able to defeat fragmaster, btw.

Jebus
01-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Yeah, alot of it is stuff they took out of the Something Awful forums. So if you don't get some of the humor check the forums. Though for the younger peoples I'd recommend discretion as it is not the cleanest website.

TheAbominatrix
01-19-2004, 02:42 AM
It does parody VI and RPGs though, as well as the internet parodies. And Fragmaster is beatable, I did it the other day. You get a sword from him.

Lord Chainsaw
01-19-2004, 06:46 PM
I can't do blitzes. When I try to do pummel it just says blitz failed and to "mash buttons"

I just finished Pipebomb's scenario. Funny game.

Someday, I'm gonna beat the Fragmaster.

This... is a DOOM HOUSE!

ForeverZeroUltima
01-20-2004, 12:40 AM
can't do blitzes? 0_0
it depends on what part of the game you're in. i mean, i couldn't do blitzes until after that brunette girl joined my party...the one that can use Tools. she looks like terra only with BROWN hair and GREEN boots.

and...as for the Fragmaster...it's tough, since EVERY SINGLE SPELL YOU CAST is directed to him!
fragmaster: casts RTPS to kill two of your party members
You: casts Hooray on one of the dead members
Hooray: is redirected to fragmaster
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Chainsaw
01-21-2004, 03:53 AM
You can't be serious!

That means if I wanted to cure my party members it would go to the Fragmaster?

That's impossible!

Is there any way to survive RTPS other than having it miss?

TheAbominatrix
01-21-2004, 03:59 AM
No. Just use items instead of magic, and make sure you have good weapons. I used the two girls (Ozma and... the Daryl/Celes chick), the guy with the Shadow sprite, and Taco the Dog. Have everyone attack, except Ozma, she should use the drill (it takes 9999 damage), and the other gal should dance, those do a lot of damage. Make sure to use one with a healing spell as part of the routine, it wont be cast on Fragmaster.

Danger
01-22-2004, 06:20 AM
This sounds like too much fun. I want in.

ForeverZeroUltima
02-05-2004, 01:36 AM
*clears throat*

hey everyone...i beat fragmaster...I BEAT FRAGMASTER! i killed him using BumRush, Drill, Throw Shurikens, and my last char was for backup with healing items

Me: kill fragmaster
Fragmaster: dies, but then....

an angel comes down and revives him...DAMN!

fragmaster: revives and kills me with RTPS. aw....it hit everyone.

*goes off and tries to learn Life3 to prevent that*

TheAbominatrix
02-05-2004, 01:50 AM
If you use Life 3, it'll just be cast on him. You just have to keep goin.

Outsider
02-05-2004, 06:58 PM
I don't have Awful Fantasy here now, but... Anyone tried the good old Vanish + X-Zone...

The Man
02-05-2004, 11:18 PM
I think it's probably impossible to beat fragmaster unless you're like level 99 or something

TheAbominatrix
02-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Even at lvl 99 it's still very very difficult.

And Fragmaster can also be found at Triangle Island, and on that wierd extention from the Lone Island.

ForeverZeroUltima
02-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Outsider
I don't have Awful Fantasy here now, but... Anyone tried the good old Vanish + X-Zone...

nope. the "byebye"+"ban" combo doesn't work. and it doesn't work on ANY of the bosses either! i guess they removed that so it would be more challenging and fair, eh?

Marcus
02-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Did Square put the Vanish - X-Zone combo in it on purpose, by the way? When I found out about it, it kinda ruined my game. Way to easy. And FF6 wasn't all that hard to begin with...

That Awful Fantasy is pretty awful alright. Ugh. Oh well. Guess it beats having tea with my grandma. =X

ForeverZeroUltima
02-23-2004, 01:19 AM
yup.

now i have all 14 chars in my party, still trying to figure out what to do...i've killed 6 dragons, but my level is STILL too low to enter "Todd"s tower...(i beat the Earth Dragon ONLY because i was using a desperate move...El Pinto attacks, it randomly casts Merton...and killed it)

ForeverZeroUltima
04-18-2004, 01:47 AM
sorry for double-posting, but...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i beat Fragmaster!

I killed him, the angel revived him, and i killed him again and he STAYED dead!

i got no exp, no bux, but i got a BANHAMMER! (the Ragnarok)!!!!!!!!

but then, after taht, your party will have MagiTek armor instead of their Attack command for the rest of the game -_-''''''

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2004, 02:14 AM
but then, after taht, your party will have MagiTek armor instead of their Attack command for the rest of the game -_-''''''

Mine didnt.

ForeverZeroUltima
04-18-2004, 09:27 PM
oh, so you beat him too? :p

TheAbominatrix
04-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I talked about it plenty in this thread. I beat him a long time ago.

ForeverZeroUltima
04-19-2004, 02:54 AM
*goes about half-way up the entire thread*

oh ok :p

Lord Chainsaw
04-19-2004, 04:35 AM
Damn, I haven't played this game in about a month. I gotta pick it up again.

I'm at what many consider would probably be one of the most boring parts of Final Fantasy VI (the sealed cave) so I've still got a long way to go.

Funniest boss hands down has been Mikey. I laughed my ass off at him.

"I taw u followen uz"

Marble
04-19-2004, 04:15 PM
The CAMEL SPIDER is also very nice (He's replacing Atma Weapon).

This game is absolute quality. Taco the Wonder Dog is my freaking god. I wish I'd written down all of his lines, because he gets so few after a certain part in the game and all I can remember for the moment is "HO6W Do IKILL TEH CRAB?!" :exdee:

I'm going to the sunken Figaro Castle now.

ForeverZeroUltima
04-20-2004, 01:48 AM
i saved a slot for the part when Celes (Ricegirl) sings at the opera looking like Relm ;)

Marble
04-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Haha, yes, I loved the opera.

"Ricegirl is about to post a thread..."

Lord Chainsaw
04-25-2004, 06:33 AM
I just flew over to triangle island expecting to fight an intagir.

What did I find?

Iraqi WMD (invisible of course, like the Intagir from Final Fantasy VI)

Simply hilarious.

ForeverZeroUltima
04-25-2004, 07:25 PM
er....

what?

The Man
05-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Lord Chainsaw means that SA replaced the Intangir with "Iraqi WMD."

ForeverZeroUltima
05-03-2004, 02:23 AM
huh? I never heard of an Intangir.

TheAbominatrix
05-03-2004, 02:49 AM
Intagir is the invisible monster on Triangle Island in the World of Balance.

DJZen
05-03-2004, 03:08 AM
Ricegirl? I thought it was Fistgrrl....

ForeverZeroUltima
05-04-2004, 01:46 AM
Intagir is the invisible monster on Triangle Island in the World of Balance.

wasn't that a Behemoth?

The Man
05-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Definitely an Intangir. It's invisible, therefore intangible. Har har. Looks like a Behemoth when you un-inviz it though.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-05-2004, 01:13 AM
...ok....

Marble
05-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Ricegirl? I thought it was Fistgrrl....

Fistgrrl replaces Celes. Ricegirl replaces Maria. *nod*

ForeverZeroUltima
05-07-2004, 01:58 AM
no, Ricegirl is Relm :p (or, if you're talking about the Relm sprite in the opera, then i guess Ricegirl is also Maria :p)

The Man
05-07-2004, 02:49 AM
That was exactly Marble's point, I think. ;)

Clyde Arronway
05-07-2004, 03:34 AM
oi veh! oi veh! Oi Veh!!!

ForeverZeroUltima
05-08-2004, 01:13 AM
oi veh! oi veh! Oi Veh!!!

ueah,um...you're starting to scare me.

Clyde Arronway
05-08-2004, 07:46 PM
ueah,um...you're starting to scare me.

I scare a little freshman at school every time I get near her. She cringes.

This is just a really really really dumb game

Is there another awful fantasy?

ForeverZeroUltima
05-09-2004, 01:31 AM
don't think so, but magil and master01 are working on one :p

DJZen
05-19-2004, 04:31 AM
It's not dumb, it's a very serious documentary on actual behaviour. There's a lot of philosophic concepts brought up that just get lost on many people who don't understand the history of internet sociology.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-20-2004, 11:58 AM
yesh. if i remember correctly, the intro to the game went something like this:

Awful Final Fantasy III
This is a game based on actual stupid human behavior.
Remember, the Internet makes you stupid.

DJZen
05-21-2004, 04:37 AM
Now here's a short FAQ on some stuff

Q: Is this supposed to be funny?
A: No. It’s a dramatic documentary upon behavioral patterns on the internet.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-22-2004, 02:14 AM
*nods*

Dignified Pauper
05-25-2004, 09:34 PM
This is absolutely horrible. It's garbage, people on the internet don't--

What am I saying, this is ingenious(not to be confused with genious). I applaud tha maker.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-26-2004, 08:54 PM
XD

Lord Chainsaw
05-30-2004, 04:06 AM
I'm about to do the banquet with the Emperor in Vector.

Does anyone know what options to choose to get the maximum points at this part?

ForeverZeroUltima
05-30-2004, 08:18 PM
i dont remember. just remember the order in the original FFVI and apply it here.

and...

woohoo! i finally beat Awful FF3! It was nearly impossible since the second tier of the final fight keeps casting TCC, which screws up the battle and wont let you attack the enemy.

Lord Chainsaw
06-06-2004, 04:20 AM
I cannot beat the Iraqi WMD.

The bye bye + DOOOOOM will not work. In Final Fantasy VI that was basically the only way you were going to end up killing the Intangir.

Every time I cast vamp on him to make him appear he immediately casts RTPS and goes back invisible. If I'm lucky I'll be able to sneak in a dispatch and do 900 damage before he vanishes again.

I checked my old Final Fantasy III guide to see how much HP he has. I was shocked to find out he had 32000. I also knew that there was another way to beat him. If he has no MP he cannot cast his vanishing spell, and therefore dies. So I decided I would drain his MP to 0.

So that was my next plan. I used up Pinto's MP and then used vamp to steal from him. I was taking about 150 MP from the Iraqi WMD every time. Eventually I realized the battle wasn't ending. That's when I checked a walkthrough and to my horror realized that he has 16000 MP.

Has anyone beaten this guy? Maybe he drops some sort of super weapon.

ForeverZeroUltima
06-06-2004, 10:27 PM
hrm...the only way i can think is, use the Lete River trick and keep training there until you have AT THE VERY LEAST 1200 HP, each. Then go after the Intangir, cuz i remember his Fireball attack usually does about 900 damage each. After each fireball attack, cast MOMMA! (Cure2) on all your party members, then keep hacking away at him.

DJZen
06-07-2004, 02:24 AM
Isn't Fireball a FIRE based attack?

Lord Chainsaw
06-07-2004, 06:00 AM
The Iraqi WMD uses RTPS, the same attack that the Fragmaster uses. It's the awful fantasy equivalent of Meteo, which is type less damage.

I've equipped fire shields on my characters and am using Fire 2 to keep their HP up. I don't know if it's easier on the MP than casting MOMMA, but it sure seems like it.

If I'm lucky, I can sneak in the eyegouge and a dispatch before that little punk does his RTPS and SURPRISE. Even then that's about 2200 damage. I've got to do that 16 times and not run out of MP. I can always cast vamp on him to siphon some MP back, but only one person can do that.

I guess it boils down to how much I want to beat him. I can waste a good 2-3 hours in a stalemate with him, or I can just move on. I didn't do the Lete River thing because I plan on killing the Fragmaster later on in the game, and to do that I need the bonuses that the later espers give you when you level up.

I guess I could level up a bit on the floating continent then go back. I really want to finish this game. I can't open a different rom because if I do my save states on this game will get deleted. Therefore I have to finish this before I can play anything else. Highly annoying.

aeris2001x2
06-07-2004, 11:06 AM
u see, its things like the enough that make me stay away from *awful final fantasy VI* (ahh lovely untouched, beautiful, genius...and easy :D ffVI) :love:

ForeverZeroUltima
06-07-2004, 07:06 PM
trust me. Fragmaster is NOT the hardest boss in there. The second tier of the Final Fight with Kefka (Todd a.k.a. King REoL) is the hardest. Why? because two of the targets on the second level, cast TCC, which absolutely screws up the fight. After that, none of your characters can hit the opponent. and the TCC effect wont wear off. How did i beat them, then? Well, my "OMGWTFBBQ" character had the "Rusty Dagger" weapon equipped (it's the Illumina), and so i have him attack. It misses of course, since there are "no targets". Then, 50% of the time, it'll cast Pearl. And 50% of THAT time, the Pearl will actually hit the target. Same with "Isnoop" and his MegiddoGun casting Meteo, and El Pinto with his "RioGrandeRam". And even if you DO manage to beat that boss, when you go on to fight the third tier, ALL of your characters are in MagiTek Armor, prohibiting them the "Attack" command (and sometimes prohibiting their special abilities, like Blitz and Tools)!

that's why that's the hardest boss in the game. Not Fragmaster.

Lord Chainsaw
06-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Wow, that does sound hard.

Basically that means you have to take the Ragnarok sword then. And since I hear only Pipe Bomb can equip the Paladin Shield, that means in order to beat the game you pretty much have to go without Ultima.

Where do I get the RioGrandeRam and the Meggido Gun?

ForeverZeroUltima
06-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Medidoo Gun, i forgot. it was somewhere in the World of Balance.

RioGrandeRam, which is El Pinto's ultimate weapon, you find it in Figaro Castle (when you sneak using Celes and Sabin to find Edgar). The RioGrandeRam replaces the King's Crown helmet.

C0NN3R5
04-18-2013, 12:24 PM
As you walk into Zozo, continue left until the road starts going north. Enter the Inn. When you enter you will see a clock in front of you. Examine the clock, it will ask you 3 questions:

Euro is pretty like a: Pony
Lowtax's youngest cat: Stupid
The ultimate insult is "F***ing: Farker

This will open the wall to the right revealing a treasure chest containing the
Chain Saw.

Hope this helps!
Also, feel free to ask me any other questions.
I will help if I can!!!

C0NN3R5
04-18-2013, 12:30 PM
I have been saving at save points in the game. It creates a save file within the rom, which then allows you to play other roms. I know it isn't the same, but it is an option. Hope that helps!

Mirage
04-18-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm annoyed that this wasn't necrobumbed next year instead. Then it would have been ten years!

DMKA
04-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Holy crap you woke up an ooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllldddd thread.

Hey, anyone remember the SA Weekend Web article about EoFF?

Toothing!, Anime Sucks, and Eyes on Final Fantasy (http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/toothing-anime-sucks.php?page=6)

Good times. :p

Cloudane
04-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Holy thread necro batman! I don't even remember posting this!

SA can be a right bunch sometimes, but I do love some of what they produce in there.