PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Power Differences?

Mehka Gallant
12-27-2003, 04:22 PM
I've got a question... I'm just curious... But does anyone know why is it when I'm using an axe or flail, the damage varies so much? I can target an enemy and the damage reading will show it's going to do like 50 damage, I hit the critter and it only does 16. And sometimes, it'll read 50, and I'll hit it for like 120. I;ve checked the zodiac signs, and they're neither compatible or incompatible, and I've witnessed the occasions that even when compatible or incompatible, they do less damage than they should. Any answers would be mucho appreciated...

Edgar
12-28-2003, 05:26 PM
damn, I restarted 3 times just for this post lol.

Axe and flail have random number in their fomula, sorta like a dice to determine the damage. According to the BM:

Flail and Axe damage = F * Weapon power; where F is a number ranging from 1 to your Physical Attack.

And yes, that's the only answer.

btw, I think there's something about throwing them at enemies, something about 'confirmed highest damage' thing. Someone clear my mind about this.

Mehka Gallant
12-28-2003, 05:29 PM
Huh... I get what you're saying... It just blows that something that should be so damn good... Sucks... I'll stick with my swords n' spears for now... Thanks for answering my question!

Edgar
12-31-2003, 04:39 AM
heheh, I hate axes and flails so it doesn't really matter much to me lol :P

unknown88
01-02-2004, 12:52 AM
At least they're good for throwing :)

Great Warrior
02-11-2004, 09:56 PM
hmm i wondered about this aswell :p

I'll just stick with the good ol materia blade and "Limit Skill"...

:P axes flails and bags are only good for Gil in my opinion :)

another question, Why does the game always think "Bags" are better for female characters.... I goto a fitting room and it always trys to give them a "Bag"....

$tea|th@$$@$$in
02-12-2004, 12:55 AM
The only reason they put it on women the bags is because either ur using a weak weapon and it puts it on because it's a stronger weapon or it's on because it's like women only bag. I have no idea but thats the closest thing i can come to.