PDA

View Full Version : Some questions that need answers >_<

skatehippie
12-27-2003, 10:54 PM
Hey everybody,

beat FFX, loved it, total recorded time was over 100 hours.

So i got x-2 for christmas and well, i have some remarks/questions....

-so, i set the battle stuff to "wait" in options but it's still active when in battle?
-you can barely see anything! the girls are so oddly placed that they cover up the enemies, and there are so many screens up its a wonder i can see the girls at all.
-whats with this chain attack thing? i understand what it is but not how to do it! what is the strategy for timing chain attacks?
-is there any more summoning? are the aeons really gone now that sin is gone?
-how do you use dark magic?
-is the songstress' only purpose inflicting status ailments?
-theoretically, you can have every single dress have the same things (attack, item, etc..) and the only difference between them would be their dress-dependent abilities? (shooting, stealing, etc..)
-is it really efficient to change their dress things all the time? coudlnt you just leave yuna as gunner, rikku as theif, and paine as warrior for 80% of the time, changing them periodically depending on the enemy? in that case, is the songstress of any use AT ALL??

okay there it is...please just shed some light on my dark experience with this game, i wanted it so bad i don't want to be unhappy with it over some minor confusion =(

thanks in advance everybody.
(and happy holidays)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-27-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by skatehippie
-so, i set the battle stuff to "wait" in options but it's still active when in battle?The entire battle system is based upon Active Time. Setting it to "Wait" only stops the action while you're going through menus.
-you can barely see anything! the girls are so oddly placed that they cover up the enemies, and there are so many screens up its a wonder i can see the girls at all.I'm pretty sure you can turn off the Help marquee, and everything else is necessary for the system to be functional.
-whats with this chain attack thing? i understand what it is but not how to do it! what is the strategy for timing chain attacks?Have one girl attack, then have another girl attack immediately after placing the command for the first one to attack, and the same for the third girl. There's really nothing to it.
-is there any more summoning? are the aeons really gone now that sin is gone?Ugh.
-how do you use dark magic?What?
-is the songstress' only purpose inflicting status ailments?Every class needs a specialty. A Songstress can also imbue the party with positive status effects that will last as long as she keeps on keepin' on.
-theoretically, you can have every single dress have the same things (attack, item, etc..) and the only difference between them would be their dress-dependent abilities? (shooting, stealing, etc..)Abilities aren't the only things the distinguish classes; stats also enter into it. Magical classes have high MP and magical power, Dark Knights have obscenely high HP, etc.
-is it really efficient to change their dress things all the time? coudlnt you just leave yuna as gunner, rikku as theif, and paine as warrior for 80% of the time, changing them periodically depending on the enemy? in that case, is the songstress of any use AT ALL??This is not a game with one and only correct way to play. You can go through the game without ever spherechanging if you really want to, but you would be missing out on the incredible amount of flexibility the game offers in all its many options for you to use to develop your own personally favorite style of play.

skatehippie
12-27-2003, 11:20 PM
wow i feel dumb :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Ahh no big deal. :aimwink:

skatehippie
12-28-2003, 10:25 PM
OKay I put another two hours worth of playing into it and I TOTALLY get it now...and I love it!

Being a guy it'll be a little hard to get past the girliness but the overall strategy with the new system is awesome...thanks for the help =)

eternalshiva
12-29-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by skatehippie

-so, i set the battle stuff to "wait" in options but it's still active when in battle?

Yup I wondered the same thing too and still I have no answer but JEEPERS HIT THEM QUICK OR YOU WILL DIE OMFG!!

-you can barely see anything! the girls are so oddly placed that they cover up the enemies, and there are so many screens up its a wonder i can see the girls at all.

You get used to it after a while :/ the screen switches up when you are in battle, it gets REALLY annoying when you're stuck behind a giant fiend.

-whats with this chain attack thing? i understand what it is but not how to do it! what is the strategy for timing chain attacks?

Actually if you get chain attacks in, you do more damage, it increases each time. So wee! Chain Attack away! Get the girls to attack at the same time and Voila, Chain Attack.

-is there any more summoning? are the aeons really gone now that sin is gone?

Yeah they really are gone :/ It totally sucks but evantually you discover Floral Fallal, Machna Maw and Full Throtle Dress Spheres and they're like new summons.

-how do you use dark magic?

Put on the Black Mage Sphere?

-is the songstress' only purpose inflicting status ailments?

No she can actually support the group with Hastega, Mag Def increase, physical attack etc, You have to develop her abilities :/

-theoretically, you can have every single dress have the same things (attack, item, etc..) and the only difference between them would be their dress-dependent abilities? (shooting, stealing, etc..)

What? Each Dressphere is different with WAY different abilities. The only thing that is similar is Attack and Items in your main command.

-is it really efficient to change their dress things all the time? coudlnt you just leave yuna as gunner, rikku as theif, and paine as warrior for 80% of the time, changing them periodically depending on the enemy? in that case, is the songstress of any use AT ALL??

omg... Yes, I used all the dresspheres. If you manage to use ALL dresspheres in one battle on your garment grid, you can access your SPECIAL dressphere. I personnaly didn't really use their default sphere all that much once I got kick arse spheres like Dark Knight, Berserker, Alchemist *and the list goes on* I mastered them so when I ontained the bracers that lets you access your Gunner, Thief and Warrior abilities, they were all there for me to use. They only let you access what you've mastered anyways.

okay there it is...please just shed some light on my dark experience with this game, i wanted it so bad i don't want to be unhappy with it over some minor confusion =

thanks in advance everybody.
(and happy holidays)

Well, it's hard at first but once you get the hang of it its super fun :) *Oh, and I see you already answered this xD*

AuronsLoveChild
12-29-2003, 10:52 PM
If you've got quick fingers, equip all three chicas as Gunners, and have all of them attack with Trigger Happy, I think it cool as hell watching them blow fiends away. this little tactic gets even better when you get the longer trigger happy. You can mow down enimeis pretty quick with this trick.

skatehippie
12-30-2003, 03:37 AM
Yeap after getting used to it, it's second nature.

But lemme get this straight...you get their special sphere things by using all the dress options in one battle?

Couldn't you cheat and place only 2 or 3 dresspheres to make it easier? ;)

I'm probably way off but oh well =)

This Beclem guy makes my blood boil, and I'm having a hard time getting to 300 let alone 500 in the gauntlet :mad2:

cykak
12-30-2003, 07:28 AM
No that wouldn't work if you just place two dress spheres on a grid that has more than two spots.

You can obtain the grid that has two. I forget where I got it. But there are plenty of grids with three spots.

eternalshiva
12-30-2003, 03:07 PM
Unherring Path Grid has two nodes. you have to use all the ds on a grid, all the nodes have to be full or it won't work.

Xider
01-10-2004, 05:20 AM
The one thing you need to remember about Beclem's Gauntlet is that you need to not get hit...the more enemies you kill without getting hit...the hire chain you get, and the hire your chain, the higher your score. Trust me!