View Full Version : [A] Unfinished.

Rayne
12-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Yeah... anyone have any tips they can spare? ^__^

http://www.boomspeed.com/hitoe/gift_toDryad.gif

:: :x Der, got deleted. Whoops. ::

black orb
12-28-2003, 01:04 AM
>>> If you are interested in improve your art, here is a link that have lots of tips and good advices..
http://www.eatpoo.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11173

Rye
12-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Thats very good! For a second CG, thats really good. I remember my second CG *shudders* Anyway, 10/10. :)

Rayne
12-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Oooo thanks Black orb ^_^
Those are nice reminders since I hardly ever draw these days and most of the time only if someone asks me too. :x

Haha, you're cute RikkuYuna89. @_@ Took me a while to cg it. I used layers my second time around. (*_* My first one was experimenting what the tools can do. Turned out pretty nasty.)

ChibiInuYasha
12-28-2003, 06:02 PM
What's unfinished about it? Looks pretty complete to me. ;)

Kami
12-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Try adding in shading. The arm to the left looks a bit wierd.. but hey, who am I to judge anatomy? I suck at it.

Ultima Seraph
12-30-2003, 06:09 AM
Hey! That's really good. ^^

Yes... as RikkuYuna said, I remember my second CG... ugh... scary.

Words of advice: shade! You can never go wrong with some shading. Give her some depth so that way she doesn't look so three demensional. One girl I used to know did "cell" work... meaning she'd make it look like it was directly out of a cartoon or anime. She did nice work, too... and to cell a picture doesn't involve any smudging/blending of the colors, which works perfectly for the anime style.

The anatomy needs a little work, as well, as her torso is too narrow and her arms too short. For the torso, make her a bit more curvy... some hippage would suffice and widen her waist. For her arms, raise the elbow and elongate the forearm a bit... your hand reaches about mid-thigh, so just try to visualize that. ^^

I love your eyes, though! So purty! Bright colors, too, which is a nice change of pace to what I normally do... heheh >.>;;;;

Anyway, greeaaaat work! Keep it up! I want to see more! So... you say you don't draw unless someone asks you to? Well, I'm asking. SO DO IT!!! O.o;;;

Rayne
12-30-2003, 10:29 PM
Oooo Thanks ;D

I realised the arm was too short but ;__; I already inked it so I couldn't change it through the original art.

Cell shading is okay, but I want to try something more challenging.
:x Yeah, she really looks 2-D doesn't she?

Ultima Seraph
12-31-2003, 08:33 AM
I hate it when that happens! Another suggestion! Don't ink it. >P You can get the same effect of inking using the "brightness/contrast" stuff on whatever you used to color it.

If you want the challenge, just use as many colors as you want to shade and blend/smudge it until it's perfectly... well... perfect. >D

I so need to work on that part... eheheh... ~.~

Rayne
01-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Oh yes, I've been bad and procrastinating and only got the hair shaded. @_@
I've found the wonderful world of oekaki. <3 <3