PDA

View Full Version : Artwork

Ares123
12-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Is it true that the person who drew the character artwork also created Dragon Ball Z? The character art is very simmilar, and some of th characters look alot like DBZ characters. Is it true?

TheAbominatrix
12-28-2003, 06:10 PM
For Chrono Trigger, yes. Akira Toriyama created Dragon Ball (and Z and GT, of course), along with a number of other, lesser known series. He also did the art for the Enix game Dragon Warrior. His work is always very similar.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-28-2003, 06:46 PM
Toriyama had nothing to do with GT, really, besides having created the series that inspired it. He wanted the Dragon Ball series to (finally) end after Z, but Toei (the studio that made the anime) want to squeeze every last yen out of the franchise they could, so they went on and made GT without his blessing or involvement.

I'm just sayin'.

TheAbominatrix
12-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Stop knowing so much. :p

I dont involve nyself with that series cause I think it's... well, not very good, but yeah... it's his art style, regardless. And that's my point!

Ares123
12-28-2003, 07:05 PM
I knew that GT fact.

He made Dragon Warrior? Does that mean Dragon Warrior Monsters too? I have that game - the best game that I have, too.

These are some DBZ Characters that are alot like CT characters:

Trunks - Crono

Lucca - Bulma

Marle - forgotten xD

Anyway, did you know that he also made a comic called Dragon Boy? THe "Goku" of the series had wings instead of a tail (name was Tanton, and looked like Bruce Lee). After that he made "Tonpuu's Big Adventure" which involved a boy flying through space, finding planets. The "Bulma" was called Puramo. It spawned the idea of Dino-Caps.

TheAbominatrix
12-28-2003, 07:08 PM
He didnt make Dragon Warrior, he made the designs for Dragon Warrior, same as he did for CT.

I dont know the names of any of his comics, because I dont like his work.

black orb
01-03-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Ares123
Anyway, did you know that he also made a comic called Dragon Boy? THe "Goku" of the series had wings instead of a tail (name was Tanton, and looked like Bruce Lee). After that he made "Tonpuu's Big Adventure" which involved a boy flying through space, finding planets. The "Bulma" was called Puramo. It spawned the idea of Dino-Caps.
>>> Of course i know that, because Akira Toriyama is the greatest mangaka ever..
Here, Here: Http://toriyamaworld.com/oneshots