PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Warrior Monsters (Enix GB)

Ares123
12-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Has anyone ever played the Enix "Dragon Warrior Monsters" on GB? I was just wondering, as I have this game, and it's so fulfilling.

Am I the only one to have played this?

Lord Chainsaw
12-28-2003, 11:08 PM
It's pretty fun.

I guess you could say I'm a fan of randomly generated dungeons (when they're done right) and believe me Enix does them right.

Grandia Xtreme and Dragon Warrior Monsters come to mind when I think of well done randomly generated dungeons.

I had a few friends with the first game, and we'd all get those grizzly bear monsters and have them learn berserker which is in my opinion one of the best moves in the game.

Getting Darkdrium was annoying because you'd need to collect a certain amount of tiny medals to get watabou. And at that point in the game, Darkdrium would be worthless since all of your monster's stats would be maxed anyhow.

My favorite party in the end was Darkdrium, Zoma (my favorite Dragon Warrior villain of all time) and Deathmore 2 (so much cooler looking than Deathmore 3)

As for the second one, I picked up Tara's Adventure and all my friends picked up Coby's. I guess you could say I was in demand in that one. Although I did finish that one, I never did spend the time to get Orgodemir. I think the most powerful monster I got in that game was Dracolord.

Ares123
12-29-2003, 11:56 AM
In the first one, my squad was:

Spikerous (Dragon, 9x Pedigree. As you can guess, he had alot of ancestors. All of them Super-Dragons. ALL powerful. Could kill anything one hit.)

Pteradact. I had Ice moves, from it's father.(2x Pedigree)

Unicorn. It had loads of HP & MP and every healing move. To get Unicorn, you had to breed a Beast (I used Madcat) and Slime (I used Hale, I think. I think you had to use Hale).

I was also planning on breeding Skullgon (got through breeding) with a Zapbird.

It is, no matter what anyone says, real fun. I loved breeding.

Grandia Xtreme? Not heard of that.

Anyway, I'm going to buy the second DWM off Ebay, as i never got that one.

SpiritWolf
03-24-2004, 05:27 AM
I never played the first one but I used to own Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Cobis Journey but for some reason I traded it in at a local game store and now I regret doing that. It was a lot of fun and I might go out and look for it again.

Mr_Bojangless
03-25-2004, 08:08 AM
I don'r know about dragon warrior for gba, or whatever. But dragon warrior 1 for NES, that game was the greatest. I played that for so long.

Lord Chainsaw
03-26-2004, 02:03 AM
Yeah, Dragon Warrior 1 for the NES is great.

So much exploration. I loved the old english. I loved walking into that red golem guarding Cantlin without the fairy flute and getting my ass kicked.

And of course, I love DragonLord's proposition.

Dragon Warrior III is still my favorite though. It's like an expanded version of Dragon Warrior I, because you return to the world of Alefgard, and even go back to familiar places such as Rimuldar, Koltz, Cantlin, and even Charlock Castle at the end.