PDA

View Full Version : Dream of a Sequel-What Would it Be?

Avalon_Beouvle07
12-29-2003, 05:46 PM
I was hoping that there would be a sequel to FFTactics. The original left a wide variety of possibilities open-like where did Ramza go? And just how well did Delita rule? I'm pretty sure he was a sorry jackass loser of a ruler....poor Delita....:) everyone was mean to him.....oh well. I just wish Delita and Ramza could have been as tight as Frodo and Samwise Gamgee...I just thought that it would be cool to see Tactics in action on the PS2-Tactics 2 for the PS2. Crystal Chronicles made me think of this idea, for that game bears a resemblance to Tactics in its appearance. The adventures of Ramza could have been continued or something. :p Maybe Delita could have started a whole new war and Ramza could have confronted him....

DocFrance
12-30-2003, 01:47 AM
I thought that Ophelia and Delita killed eachother, and everyone else died in Murond at the end.

Edgar
12-31-2003, 04:29 AM
I thought Olan was hallucinating Ramza at the end?

But I prefer not to think like that lol.

DocFrance
12-31-2003, 10:53 AM
Heh, so did I. I like to think they died as heroes.

Mehka Gallant
01-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Silly, silly children... And I do believe Delita died at Ovelia's hands... (Pity... Such a waste...) Anyhoo... I figured that Ramza and Alma didn't die in the end... I also figured that alma may have cast that awesome MBarrier spell on the whole party right before they were supposed to "die". That'd keep em' kickin'... Then Ramza and the party of uber-lancers I stuck him with just jumped outta there like it was nothing... Olan, hallucinating...? Nah... I'm just that damn good! :)

DocFrance
01-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Riiight...

Mehka Gallant
01-03-2004, 12:19 AM
A guy can dream can't he...? But I've got Cloud-Syndrome... I lie to myself that something is real, so it makes everything all better, cause everybody plays along... Uwee hee hee!!! :)

Edgar
01-04-2004, 09:12 AM
What use can MBarrier do to save them? Reduce damage by 1/3? :P

RagNar0k
01-07-2004, 12:32 AM
That and bring them back to life....(reraise)

Mehka Gallant
01-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Exactly... MBarrier would be a sweet spell... If player characters could learn it... See Doc France? Ramza and Co. DID survive! It's not just my Cloud-syndrome... At least... I don't think so... ;P

Black Mage
01-16-2004, 02:48 PM
I was under the impression that they lived.

I didn't see any inclination that what Olan saw was a hallucination.

As for Delita and Ovelia, it did look to me like Ovelia stabbed Delitia, but a thread in this forum, awhile back, convinced me otherwise.

If you're interested, one could probably dig it up.

White Mage Nico
02-06-2004, 11:20 AM
There IS a sequel do do heads! lol, its called FFTA for, Final Fantasy Tactics advance. heres the Story.. a first, your a good lil school boy from some place where it never snows lol, you have a lil brother who is sick (Born with it) Well, that is just char backround, the story is one of ur new friends finds a book! it transforms there lil town called Ivalice into the fft Ivalice!! mwahahaha...:D

Tetra
02-08-2004, 12:47 AM
FFT:A Isn't a sequel - same name, but not the same history - or so it seemed to me. Especially given I never remembered the ref in original FFT. :p

White Mage Nico
02-08-2004, 08:50 PM
well, its considered a worse game in difficulty and story, but it kinda is a sequel because his lil town is Ivalice, and his friend found a BOOK! rem alzalalaamamam or whatever his name is? how he was writing a new history book? Same book! Also the fact that his town is Ivalice! Mwahaha! While you continue, your main char mentions his town name.. You: "I used to be in a town called Ivalice.." Friendly Mog: "Town? Ivalice is our Country, Kupo! Are you sure you are ok, Kupo?":o

Tetra
02-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Yeah but I really don't think it's an actual sequel. :D

White Mage Nico
02-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Its a stupid sequel, doesnt continue story..but its kinda a sequel...OH NM! Square...give us the REAL Ivalice! The Realistic one x.x I dont like having moogle blk mages :cry: In an fft classes quiz I got White mage...but I am not a mog!! lol

White Mage Nico
02-09-2004, 02:20 PM
OMG!
I just realized that you are Tetra! The one who had prob with ur PS! Stop using ur emulator! the ps now costs 10-20 dollars! oh um.. back to topic. I want Ivalice back!

Tetra
02-10-2004, 01:23 AM
Yeah - FFT was more serious... stronger than FFT:A - I think that's what I miss - I do like that FFT:A I can play "anywhere" as long as my batteries aren't dead. :p Portable console's really lend themselves to leveling up yup yup. :)

White Mage Nico
02-10-2004, 03:47 PM
well, we already have fft portable, but we still need a sequel! (they remade the playstation, and now there is a protable playstation, just call it ps1, outside of internet and inside of internet) I liked it when the chars didnt look that colorful..! the gba screen cant be altered, which is one bad thing about ffta.. but it really doesnt continue story well. (Note I never beat fft) Maybe we could email square enix until they come up with a story for a final fantasy tactics 2! but theres one thing..which system? If they made it for gba, it could come out pretty soon since the gba is like an advanced snes! But theres ps2 that can hold alot more, and we might get an 80 hour game! but that is not going to happen, so maybe the gba is our best bet, we would certainly get the same feel from the original fft! And we might even get another apearance of... *fft side char spoiler* Cloud Stryfe

Edgar
02-11-2004, 10:01 AM
I heard that one of the towns in FFXII will be calle "Ivalice". At least that's what my friend told me (he saw the screenshot). I wrote down 'Ivalice' on a paper and he sorta recognized it.

FFT:A has what FFT did not have: A vastly superior system.
FFT has what FFT:A did not have: A vastly superior storyline.

I don't like PS because you can't use .dex files without having to buy a GameDex!!! :D

Mega Man X
06-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Well, Mehka Gallant, I have to disagree with you on that Delita is pushing up daisies.

You see, they saw Ovelia fall to the ground after being stabbed, presuming she is dead or dying, but Delita, the last we see of him being stabbed (If he was stabbed at all, I assume he was seeing as how he was holding his chest) is not on the ground, or even showing a sign that he is bleeding. We don't even know for sure whether he got stabbed, and the last we see of him, he is standing. I believe he was not stabbed fatally, and lived through it. (Must have got stabbed plenty of times at Sweegy Woods and Lenalia Plateau. :p )

I heard they were making a sequal to it, Final Fantasy Tactics 2, likely for the PS2, but as of now, I've heard nothing of it.
It wouldn't be released in the US anyway, seeing as how Sony is keeping all sprited games out of the US, because of the stereotype that we are like most Xbox players (I speak by experience): Who play games only for the 3 dimensional graphics, instead of the quality gameplay behind it.

AaronD
06-25-2004, 05:40 AM
i stand by my idea...not sequel but a prequel....fight the 50 year war with orlandu,balbanes, zalbag etc. all those invovled in the war

Palindrome
06-26-2004, 06:39 PM
I've been pushing for a prequal for some time now. The biggest change that needs to be made to the game is the ability to 1. have more than 16 people in your party 2. take more than 5 at a time into battle. (this does not include guests). If you still are restricted to 5 men per battle then a guest should be alowed to bring his or her own party into the battle. The game will HAVE to have coop where two or more players can bring their own parties to the battle and PvP multiplayer modes.

unknown88
07-06-2004, 01:41 AM
With the powers of todays gaming system, expanding the job system can be no problem (I'm drooling to have a game with 30+ jobs). There are concepts and techniques for all that many jobs, I'm sure of it. A longer game would also be nice. Using pieces of the FFTA system and storyline and pieces of FFT, that would be one heck of a game.