PDA

View Full Version : FFIX FIRST CD HAS A BRAINFART

EveningCross
12-30-2003, 01:21 AM
Is it just me or does the first cd to FFIX frequently break for every copy sold. I've seen plenty of people on this website say, "I don't exactly remember where to find that item. It's been a while since I've played because my first cd doesn't work anymore" or "Does anyone know where I can find another copy of FFIX? My first disc is messed up on the other one." I used to find that strange until one day I let my little brother borrow my copy and he said that the intro had some problems. Now when I try to start a new game, it plays all of the opening cinematics and then it slowly freezes when Vivi is running through Alexandria (right before he falls for the first time and drops his ticket). I don't know what's caused it because there are no scratches on the cd or smudges or anything. Does anyone know what could be going on? Maybe it's my playstation. I've had since like 98 and I think it might be one of the originals. Any suggestions or comments would be of help. Thanks

TheAbominatrix
12-30-2003, 01:33 AM
Well, when I got my copy of FFIX for Christmas whatever year it was released, and when I opened it it contained disc 1, 2, 4, and 4. I went and traded in a 4 for a 3, and then that 3 had a defect and the game freezes on some FMV there. I dunno about fixing it, but I do know these things are weird.

Silent Warrior
12-30-2003, 06:04 PM
Well, the Playstation seems a little easier to do something about, if you ask me.

Sometimes the FMV when Zidane runs after Kuja (Disc 4) freezes with my disc(s). Stinks.

Heath
12-30-2003, 08:35 PM
I've never had any problems with FFIX, though my friend does have a FFVII disc 1 that freezes whenever you go to Bugenhagen's Observatory to watch the planets and stuff.

EveningCross
01-02-2004, 03:01 AM
really? that's odd. i figured a lot of people had been having trouble with that confounded first disc. well, if there is anyone out there that has had trouble with that disc and was able to solve them w/o having to buy a new one please let me know. i would really like to play it from the beginning some more. sorry about the all lowercase. i only have one free hand to type... and to crush any possible rumors, no the other hand is not touching the lower parts of my torso. happy new year!!!:hat:

LionHart
01-07-2004, 03:08 AM
Well, I had a problem when I bought my FFIX disc 1, but it was used. It had some scratches and I bought a scratch repair kit from the local walmart and tried to fix it several times, but it didn't fix anything. Well, the next day I went to my neighbor's house and burned a copy of it and that fixed it.:D Maybe you should try making a copy of it and see if that fixes the problem. Chances are, it won't, but you can always try. What's one wasted blank CD, eh?

Edit: Well, I don't think you can play the burned disc if you don't have a mod chip, but you could always try like bypassing the bios and put the original in and then swap out when you get to the New Game/Continue screen. However, I do not know if this will work, I haven't ever tried it.

DMKA
01-09-2004, 01:46 PM
I, nor has anyone I've known, ever had any technical problems with any FF game, including myself.:D

Cloudane
01-09-2004, 11:05 PM
No problem here. I utilised my Fair Use rights to make a legal backup of the owned game for personal use, personal property rights to mod the PS2 and then kept the original locked away... nobody's been cheated out of money, no laws broken and all 4 discs are protected.

Lord Xehanort
01-10-2004, 12:55 AM
I had a problem in the FMV where Dagger and Eiko are summoning Alexander. I just skipped it by opening the PS, then closing it... the game continued from the end of the FMV.

Rainecloud
01-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Maybe you should treat your copies a little better. :P

Seriously though, I've never had any problems with any Final Fantasy games.

Mo-Nercy
01-12-2004, 07:17 AM
My FFIX went missing ages ago. My FFVIII stopped working ages ago. My FFVII has literally broken, like snapped.

I going to re-buy them all tomorrow. I know a store that still sells the, thank gawd.

Anyhoo, I've always had trouble with my first discs. With 7, 8 and 9. The first disc is always the one causing the problems.

scottwardADD
01-13-2004, 09:26 AM
You've also gotta remember, the first disc is usually the one that gets used the most. When people start over, I know I've started new games befo, gotten a few hours in, and quit. Eventually saving over it and starting over. So the latter discs dont get handled as much as the first one, imo.

SpiritWolf
03-08-2004, 05:11 AM
My game kinda freezes on the third disc. It's the FMV where that big eyes thing I forgot it's name attacks the castle.