PDA

View Full Version : Lancationitis (it is now a word)

DanTheMan
12-30-2003, 09:05 AM
You all may think that well, knight ninja's and calculators are the gods of tactics Orlandu can beat the game by himself and god dammit i need a bathroom break. But, lancers, can not only help you get thru the game, but, still be useful at the end (especially with javelin II, look at other guides for that)

I had a massive guide written out but i clicked on Akai Ryu 360's AIM links (be sure to send him hate messages) and well i'm just going to list the fine points. Its just as good and less reading. And less reading means more time for tactics!!!

STEPS

1) get a thief, learn secret hunt
2) find a bull demon (barius valley is nice)
3) invite the bull demon with a mediator
4) Find an area with two non combat zones together.
5) move back and forth while the bull demon mates with himself.
6) bull demon gets a minitaurus, get rid of all bull demons. minitaurus makes a minitaurus, get rid of it and bull demons. minitaurus makes a sacred, get rid of all minitaurus. sacred makes anything but a sacred, get rid of it, get more sacreds.
7) use secret hunt to kill your own sacreds in battle, preferably with range so they won't counter you for a :skull::skull::skull::skull:ton of damage. (they do hit rather hard)
***NOTE***
Don't poach all your sacreds, leave one so he can mate with himself (boggle)
8) go to a fur shop. buy all holy spears u like.
9) make the char(s) you want this combo for, samurai's
10) get the ability two hands from circle abilities
11) change back to lancer. equip holy spear. set ability two hands. attack mobs. dance on their graves.

ADVANTAGES

1) high attack power (duuuh)
2) 2 slots, meaning slight range increasement. But more importantly, no counters (if they survive...)
3) holy elemental, and holy elemental, kills zodiac braves, cuz they are evil when they mix with the bad human juice =p.
4) you can get this early in the game as soon as fur shops open. 3rd best spear in the game
5) lancers may be slow but they have a lot of hp!
6) how can you resist something that casts a spell as cool as holy on hits?

Thank you for your time i hope this helps people.

***FINAL NOTE***

this can be done with other monsters as well...you can breed them up thru the ranks. Get a reliable poaching guide and go nuts. Also, make sure you invite a hydra or hyudra/tiamat/whatever other kind of monsters only appear in a few battles so u can have your very own to poach!

Also if your really a spear man/woman...go to other sites, look at their secrets section, look for javelin II. tis amazing.

Peace out ^_~
Heallun Rumblebelly
65 Archon
Vazaelle

---for you everquest fanatics =p

Edgar
12-31-2003, 04:26 AM
Err...great, now I need not check the guide anymore to mix and match like you do. :P

Veteran Faylar Ubertune
65 Maestro
Innoruuk server
I r teh win!

---for you everquest fanatics too, I guess :rolleyes2

Savage
03-08-2004, 02:07 AM
all right, new wep
i got one question for anyone, where can i find a list of all these items i can get from poaching?

Edgar
03-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Er...at GameFAQs?

Tetra
03-10-2004, 06:44 PM
*has his black mage with high faith/math skill/mp switch/and short charge stand in the corner of battlefield*

*has the black mage casts holy on everyone (including himself) on the map*

*laughs gleefully as the Black Mage survives because of mp switch*

*laughs even more cause everything else has died a horrible nasty death*

*points and laughs at your dead lancer*

gotenks_2322
03-24-2004, 12:47 AM
havent played fft for awhile,but instead of mp switch,why not equip sword/excalibur? absorb the holiness :)

Nakor TheBlue Rider
04-02-2004, 04:00 AM
Because Equip Sword Wont let you Equip "Knights Swords" Like Excalibur

However there are Clothes that Absorb Holy... Like Earth Clothes I believe (been a Very long time since I played)