PDA

View Full Version : Opinions?

lonely
12-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Adel Is a She. But what are your opinions on FF8?

§håd0w
12-30-2003, 04:29 PM
I'm a bit confused on what you're asking. Would you like to make that a little less vague?

lonely
12-30-2003, 04:39 PM
Well basically, I was on this site yesterday and I was reading some of the questions people were asking, and they were refering Adel as a He, so all I want for people to do is go back on the FF8 game and find out for them selves, coz I'm pretty sure Adel called a She. I also want to know what peoples opinions are on FF8, and what they thought! I hope that explains things better for you! Thanx for asking other wise I think my topic would have gone down hill! so what is your opinion on FF8 masamune1287?

§håd0w
12-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Yea, that helps a lot...

Adel is a female, I dunno why the other thread said she was a male.

Anyways... I loved FFVIII, possibly my favorite of the series, and one of my favorite games of all time. The only thing that anoyed me at times was Squall's sudden change of heart when he met Rinoa. Other than that one tidbit, it's easily one of the best games made, IMHO of course. That's why I have relplayed it so many times. 14 and counting... :p

TheSpoonyBard
12-30-2003, 05:40 PM
I think the whole SorcerESS Adel thing kinda gives it away that she's a she.

lonely
12-30-2003, 05:43 PM
Wow, 14 times really? That is fantastic.
Hey I love it too, you'll never believe it but for Christmas my brother brought me Squall's Greiver chain and his Greiver ring! I even have my own FF8 wall, that I did myself. You wouldn't believe how obsessed I am about FF8. I could go on about it forever!
I'm not going to though, coz I don't wanna bore you.

§håd0w
12-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Haha, don't worry about it. I've done it all as well. I'm still trying to find a place that will make a fully functional replica of Squall's gunblade. I have all these sketches, but so far, no one is willing to take up the task.

14 times, 15 in the making. I've played it since day one on PSX, and day one on PC. I'm a major loser as well... but that's besides the point.

lonely
12-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Did you know that you used to be able to get a real gunblad, they used to sell them at another world, which is a shop in Leicester, they don't sell them there any more though!And I'm sure your not a loser, coz any person who is as obsessed with FF8 as I am, well that person is definately going to get a long jes fine with me, and will never be a loser, jes as long as they keep loving and playing FF8!OK!

§håd0w
12-30-2003, 05:56 PM
Fair enough, but if you've seen the game clock on all my FF save files, you would agree I have no life either, lol.

BTW, which Leicester are you in?

lonely
12-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Leicester, in England of course. Look you My game clock went over 100 and went into red,I spend ages on it, and don't let me have to lecture you on having a life!

§håd0w
12-30-2003, 06:13 PM
Alright, you have my FFVIII time beat, but let's talk about my other clocks... WOOBOY!!!

FFI (NES, US): 79:24
FFII (NES, JPN): 98:21
FFIII (NES, JPN): 79:59
FFVI (SNES, US, FFII): 78:01
FFV (SNES, JPN): 32:43... hehe
FFVI (SNES, US, FFIII): 99:59
FFVII: 99:59:59
FFVIII:97:23:13
FFIX: 75:32:15 (red)
FFX: ready?

... 546:47

FFX-2: 114:53

Ha, and if you ever care to look at my PSO gameclock, be prepared. Most of those were done on the rereleased PSX versions, except for FFIV and FFVI. But I'm done arguing, back to the topic on hand. lol

TheSpoonyBard
12-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Oh my god, is this what the world is coming to? People trying to outdo each other by comparing clock times? It's madness! :eek:

btw, my FFX time is 789:58

FFX: ready?

... 546:74
How can you have a 74th minute?

§håd0w
12-30-2003, 06:19 PM
Excuse me, that should be 47. *Fixes* But I'm just bored and this keeps me sidetracked from doing this damn science fair project.

And you aren't helping by outdoing my gameclock. lol.

BTW almost 500 hours came from blitzball. hehe

lonely
12-31-2003, 11:14 AM
I tell you guy's what stop arguing, instead agree on how good FF8 is, coz after all this is an opinion thread on FF8 and Masamune1287 how easy do you think FF7 is compared to FF8, coz personally FF8 is much easier than FF7, FF7 is the hardest out of all the FF's!

§håd0w
12-31-2003, 01:54 PM
I thought FFVIII's final battle was harder than balls. That was easiy the hardest final boss.

lonely
12-31-2003, 02:05 PM
I totally agree with you there! But that is the only hard thing in FF8 right? no wait Adel was even harder than Ultimecia, don't you think? I really hate FF7 coz I can never get past when you have to save Aeris in the Shinra lab, and your on the lifts. My bro says I should level up, and I haven't got a clue where to level up, coz I hate it when you can't go outside midgar at that point, that's what makes FF7 hard, I don't understand it either, I'm soo glad that I love FF8 and not FF7!

§håd0w
12-31-2003, 02:54 PM
I hated Adel becuase I couldn't use GFs, only physical and magic attacks. As for the Shinra building, I thought that was pretty easy, you must be at a low level if you can't get up the elevator, so maybe you should level a bit. lol

Mo-Nercy
01-01-2004, 12:39 AM
I hated Adel becuase I couldn't use GFs
You don't really need to use GFs for anything but junctioning in FF8. The only battle I can think of where it may almost be necessary is against the Iron Clad when you're in the Missile Base. Quezacotl comes in handy if you picked 10 mins. If you picked 20+ though, you should just be able to use standard attacks to do the job.

I'm still trying to find a place that will make a fully functional replica of Squall's gunblade.
I don't think it's physically possible to have a fully functional gunblade. It just doesn't work...

Yes.. and I love FF8 too.

§håd0w
01-01-2004, 02:05 PM
They did work, but it was pointless to have them. It was a one shopt gauge, and you had to hit, then shoot. So they were really useless.

As for GF's. I beat the game with Squall at level 24, GF's were the only way for me to survive, even with the enemy at the lowest possible levels.

lonely
01-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Masamune1287, I am ashamed of you LOL, releying on your GF's like that, even if you were nearly dying, you see, you should use your potions and your cure magics. And you can use a Gf to help you defeat Adel, use Carbuncle, as he/she reflects magic!

Levian
01-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Adel's real name is Samantha. So that should explain it all. She looks like Michael Jackson at some points though =/

lonely
01-02-2004, 03:04 PM
ha, ha that is soo funny! She does look like him at times, doesn't she, she looks a bit like Ultimecia as well!:mog:

Aerio
01-02-2004, 06:45 PM
you can use gfs :P just cast shell on Rinoa and gf away...and heal her when she gets low on hp

§håd0w
01-02-2004, 08:49 PM
I still couldn't use GF's, summon it once and it would kill Rinoa regardless of what support magic she had.

lonely
01-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Masamune1287 couldn't you have even used Carbuncle? or like Aerio say's you can cast shell on Rinoa, then use GF's, then all you would do is heal her when needed!

§håd0w
01-05-2004, 08:55 PM
I could've, but shell also reduces the effect of healing magic as well. I ended up putting her in Regen, casted Protect on her, Meltdown on Adel, and killed away with Lionheart.

lonely
01-06-2004, 04:30 PM
personally I put hero on one of my characters, so that they are invincable, That person then heals everyone else and Rinoa, and I kick ass using my other two people coz I jes limit break Adel's ass! I do like using my magic too, that helps alot!:cool:

§håd0w
01-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Ha, I had so few Hero Stones and Hero magic the first time I played. I almost screwed myself over the first time I played.

The second time I played, this was my party...
Zell: lv. 100, Qusitis: lv. 100, Squall: lv. 20.

I managed to keep him KO'd or in some status that prevented EXP gain throughout the game, so none of the enemies would be strong, and I would. It worked surprisingly well, but 'twas a pain in the ass to do.

Mo-Nercy
01-07-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by masamune1287
Ha, I had so few Hero Stones and Hero magic the first time I played. I almost screwed myself over the first time I played.

Hero is an item not a magic and it doesn't come in stone form.

§håd0w
01-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Heh, who would've guessed. It was the Aura Stone and magic I had few of. But then again, I have never used Hero at all during the many times I have played.

Iceglow
01-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Hmm you wanna build a working replica of Squall's gunblade?

Well unfortunately I don't have a picture on this PC (I'm in my college) however for my year 11 GCSE Technology project I made a replica of Revolver out of Steel with a spinning chamber and moving Hammer the only thing is I lost marks due to the fact that I made it Razor sharp and an examiner cut his hand picking it up by the blade...What a dumbass its a sword so where does he grab it by the god dammn blade :rolleyes2 stupid stupid man. still hangs on my wall above the head of my bed the only thing I couldn't make (I blew my budget by 200 quid on the metal casting alone) was the case or some dummy shells for the actual gun part. Still it weighs a s**tload and I don't think I could swing it in an actual fight

lonely
01-08-2004, 04:26 PM
I have never used a hero Masamune1287 is that true? have you really not used a hero? Why haven't you ever used a hero?:choc:

§håd0w
01-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Just never thought of it.

lonely
01-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Just never thought of it. Masamun1287, really, you really never thought of it? well you should try using it, even if you use it jes once, it's very effective and it lasts for quite a while, it makes you invisable, so if you put it on, the bosses or monsters hit or attack will miss, so I recomend that you use it!:mog:

§håd0w
01-10-2004, 03:35 PM
w312d

lonely
01-12-2004, 04:30 PM
w312d masamune1287, what the heck does that mean?:rolleyes2

§håd0w
01-12-2004, 07:36 PM
It's leet for 'werd.. And 'werd' looks cooler than 'word.'

BTW... It's a whole lot quicker to just call me Philip. :p

lonely
01-15-2004, 04:17 PM
It's a whole lot quiker to just call me Philip. Oky day! If that's what you want me to call you then I will, but MHO I didn't mind typing out Masamune1287, it was no bother at all.

It's leet for 'werd.. And 'werd' looks cooler than'word.' Hey um, could you explain that to me again, I didn't quite understand. Sorry if it's hard to explain, but you see, I am as dumb as shit, and some things jes go right over my head, it's really bad! I hope you don't mind explaining it.:(

Iceglow
01-15-2004, 04:30 PM
I can explain it lonely. A few years back now a hacker language became extremely popular amongst gamers where letters were replaced with numbers and symbols the language was called 1337 (in it's truest form many refer to it as L33T or |33T) the alphabet in 1337 goes a little like this
A - 4
B - 8
C - (
D - |) or D
E - 3
and so on. there are several dialects of the language distinguished by the speed it takes to type theres FPS Haxor (Hacker) and what it generally refered to as standard L337. the language is still used but frowned upon in places like other Forums...(MT especially).

Damn P|-|33|2 7|-|3 |<|\|0\/\/13|)G3

lonely
01-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Damn P.....etc....
What exactly does that mean?

Hey um, thanx fallen_angel_666 for explainig it to me but like I said things jes go right over my head, the only short version thing I know is the MHO thing. so if you could explain it to me again, I would much apreiciate it, but if it's hard to explain then I'm sorry jes make it very simplified, and I understand big words better than anythin else.:(

Iceglow
01-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Damn P|-|33|2 7|-|3 |<|\|0\/\/13|)G3 means:
Damn pheer (fear its another 1337 speak spelling) the knowledge.

all 1337 really is is a flashy way of gamers talking if I'm around and you don't understand then feel free to ask if not ask anyway and someone will explain.

lonely
01-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanx sooo much, that is soo helpfull, I'm jes sorry that I made you explain it like 400 times LOL, and oh well I jes hope I won't need any help on FF8.
I sure need help on the shortened version of words thing, I need to know alot, coz I love using big words and no one understands what I'm goin on about so it would help alot if I knew all these shortened versions of all types of words.
I'm real fussy, aren't I? you're probably bored to death talkin to some one who knows so little on the short word thing and yet knows hell of alot about FF8!:choc:

Iceglow
01-15-2004, 05:14 PM
not really I speak normally with good use of language (if a little Archaic at times) and I have 4 nephews and therefore trying to explain things has become second nature to me:) but then again I know how confusing all the net acronyms can be but somehow I keep it all under control:)

Nova Dragon
01-15-2004, 05:53 PM
I've always thought that Adel was a she - she is a Sorceress after all. If Adel was male that would make her a sorcerer wouldn't it?

Iceglow
01-15-2004, 06:08 PM
aye that it is a woman but cannae not see it looks scarier than any man I ever saw.

Oh sorry thats how i RP my dwarf there

§håd0w
01-15-2004, 10:06 PM
W312d, 1 d1dn'7 kn0w 7h3123 w3123 45 m4ny 1053125 11k3 m3 0u7 7h3123.

Bahumat
01-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Hello people, did anyone realize that, to easily defeat Adel you should use spells. use meltdown to start off, use regen on Rinoa. summon cerberus. use an Aura on Squall. Renzokuken. use another character for healing and use the third character to triple Aero Adel. it does double damage for each hit. Don't bother with GF's unless Adel is on low health, Rinoa is Strong and you are about to die.

lonely
01-16-2004, 04:17 PM
W.......... ... etc. Masamune1287 what the heck did you jes say, you know I can't really understand all this short talk thing. Can I ask all you guy's a favour, can you skip using short talk whilst your talking to me please coz I ain't got no clue, unless your prepared to sit there and explain it all to me, that would take alot of work, so please jes use big/normal words! Any how, how is everyone?:eek:

§håd0w
01-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Very well... I'll refrain from using leet. But when I looked back at my save, I found that I had Holy War-Trail in my inventory, which has the same effect as Hero. I'm bored as hell right now, my computer crashed, I'm at a LAN party, and don't have anything to do at the moment. So I must use another person's computer.

lonely
01-19-2004, 04:18 PM
oh dear that sound's really bad masamune1287, was it really that bad, Oh and thanx I apreiciate that you won't use leet, that means alot to me. Usually people say no and be all mean about it, and boy that sure hurts at times! Any how, you don't have to answer this if you don't wanna, but how come you were bored?:(
I like using hero's they are sooo handy.:choc:

§håd0w
01-19-2004, 11:18 PM
I was bored because I couldn't play Counterstrike, and that made me mad.:mad2:

lonely
01-20-2004, 04:15 PM
I couldn't play Counterstike!
Really that's a bummer! My brother plays on Counterstrike every single night from 6.00pm.
He's admin! Hey! What's your counterstrike name? If you tell me then I can ask my brother whether he know's you! He probably does know you, he know's every one on there, but I'll see any way!:p
Any how, how are you?:choc:

§håd0w
01-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Mine is 455 13495, which is leet for Ass Bags. I think I've played him before. I'm happy now, because my new computer came in. So now I can LAN in my room because I have so many comps set up. I've got my own little server going on now.

lonely
01-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Oky day, hey cool counterstrike name!:mog:

§håd0w
01-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I use Assbags (or Ass Bags, etc...) for almost every game that requires a username. My computer's names are Assbags, Bags of ass, Ass bags, Bagged ass, Ass in a bag, and Bag full of ass. I love them all.

lonely
01-22-2004, 05:26 PM
Well, you sure do love your name to do with ass and bags, Why?:whoa:

§håd0w
01-22-2004, 08:52 PM
It was a joke I made towards someone, and then it just stuck as my nickname from thereon out. I forgot one... my laptop's name is Folded Bless. I'm very fond of that one.

lonely
01-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Cool name, hey don't you think we should get back to the topic of FF8, it's not that I don't like talkin to you, it's jes people might get agrievated if we don't stay on the FF8 topic. :(

§håd0w
01-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Haha. Yeah, that might be a wise idea

lonely
01-28-2004, 04:19 PM
I've started FF8 all over again, it's pretty fun, I've jes finished the Dollet mission, and I'm about to whatch the dance scene! :D

§håd0w
01-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Can't say I've played it in the last few weeks. Recently I'm playing FFVI and FFII.

lonely
01-29-2004, 08:49 AM
That's cool, hows the weather were you are? It's freezing cold over where I am at the moment, I'm jes abot to try out the PC version of FF8, to see what it's like.:D

Iceglow
01-29-2004, 12:47 PM
my country is just brilliant we get 3 inches of snow and the entire infrastructure of the capitol city breaks down damned walk home was 5 miles in the snow and I missed out on playing more FF8 (trying to abolish Lunar rules done 2 got to get the rest)

lonely
01-29-2004, 04:20 PM
We had about one inch of snow, but on the way home you jes had to try and dodge the snowballs, it was absolutely halarious, I must have fallen over 600 times from the icy paths, I was so glad to get home in the warm and jes have a nice calming leveling up sesion on FF8!:D

§håd0w
01-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Gracious, we had a bout a foot of snow. However I was only out of school for 2 days. Damn school board

Napalm + Charlottesville City School Board = :love:

lonely
01-30-2004, 04:38 PM
2 feet of snow! WOW! it sounds like you WANTED to go to school! Only kidding I bet you wanted to stay home really!:p

Iceglow
01-31-2004, 04:01 PM
well the uk sucks we have 3 weeks advance warnings and westill cant prevent London from clamming up like a dumb ****************(constant stream of swearing one for each and every asterix)

So lonely where are you to have got snow the UK?

lonely
01-31-2004, 08:34 PM
Yeah I live in the UK, it's not the best place to live but somewhere is better than nowhere! It snowed in London? Wow I bet all those buildings and houses looked nice under the snow, I know Leicester didn't look nice when every one started picking up the snowballs and throwing them, that kinda ruined it.:cry:

§håd0w
02-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Haha, all I got to do was snowboard. I wanted to have a snow ball fight, but it never happened.

Seifer
02-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Well...somehow the topic was diverted to talk about the weather, but I'm just going to say Adel's a hermaphrodite. =X

A shemale, if you will. A chick with a peni5. Tee hee! ^_^

TheSpoonyBard
02-01-2004, 05:56 PM
To lonely and musamune1287, havn't either of you heard of the PM system? It's the personal messaging system, and it allows you to talk about personal things, like the weather, without interrupting the flow of conversation about the theme of this thread, namely Final Fantasy VIII.

And to Seifer, I think the general consensus on Adel is that she is a woman who is very unfortunate in that she possess a rather questionable appearance.

Thank you for your time, my rant is over. Forgive me if I have unknowingly aroused any negative emotions in the people I have directed this post towards.

lonely
02-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Sorry you guys that was my fault I was the one who started to talk off topic, so I promise that I won't go off topic from now on! Ok? Right then. Who actually likes Adel then? And yes Seifer you are right Adel does look like a shemale, but I'm affraid that Adel is called a she in the game, you know if Adel was called s/he it would make more sense as Adel doel look like a shemale.

Masamune1287 I think that Darkness has a point, that if we want to talk about anything that isn't to do with the topic we should pm each other, coz then no one can get angry at us for not staying on topic, so then we can jes talk about any thing. Ok?:D

§håd0w
02-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Darkness
To lonely and musamune1287, havn't either of you heard of the PM system? It's the personal messaging system, and it allows you to talk about personal things, like the weather, without interrupting the flow of conversation about the theme of this thread, namely Final Fantasy VIII.

No... I have not heard of this PM system. Please tell me more about how one works this PM magic.

TheSpoonyBard
02-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Are you being sarcastic?

§håd0w
02-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Yeah, sorry about that. It was just I had sent a PM to lonely telling her we should/could talk some way outside of this forum. I just felt like being a total today.

lonely
02-04-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm sorry Masamune1287, I did I reply to you? I can't remember! Any way's Adel is sooo scary!:(

§håd0w
02-05-2004, 12:42 AM
Ehh, don't worry about it.

Adel sorta reminded me of Kuja. They both had that she-male look to them. Kuja's look was awesome, Adel's didn't do much for me.

zacks_clone
02-05-2004, 02:10 AM
didnt the video game itself state Adel was female?(pretty sure Laguna said it.)

Squall04
02-05-2004, 05:01 AM
Yes, Adel is female, and Kuja looks like a hot girl (eww, I know, I was horrified when I found out he was a guy).

But anyway, I loved FF VIII, it was the first Final Fantasy I every played, in fact it was the first RPG I ever played. I only discovered it in December of '02. I was so hooked and beat it in one week with 47 hours.

And actually, I thought the last battle was a sinch for some reason. Even though it was my first time through. FFIX and FFX's battles were a lot harder for me. Ofcourse, I didn't play those as much, nor did I play them in such short time, nor did I understand them as well.

And the battle with Adel was even easier. I don't know why, I think I just put protect on Rinoa, and hit Adel with Lionheart. (Luckily it was Lionheart and not Blast Zone or whichever one it was that hurt all the enemies).

Now Omega Weapon, that boss was a pain in the rear. I didn't use any Holy Wars or Heroes, but I finally beat him using Zell's limit break. I did Boo-Ya and Punch Rush over and over and over again. I averaged one of those combos about every .2 seconds, it was pretty cool.

And, Philip (if I'm allowed to call you that), how in the world did you find the patience to play the NES FF's for so long. I can see FFIII, that was pretty fun, but still, I think they drag on towards the end, so I usually can't stand to keep playing them, I just beat them and get it done with.

Oh ya, and here we have like 2+ feet of snow on the ground, but we didn't miss a single day of school.

Alright, I'm done now, any replies?

lonely
02-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Wow you got some good strategies Squall04!
FF8 was my first RPG, I'm glad it was otherwise I wouldn't have loved it as much, I got my copy of the game on my birthday about a year or so ago, my brother got it from my favourite game selling shop and it was picture disked (had pictures on all 4 disks) which was really cool, but when I played it, it didn't work properly so my bro took it back and I had to have the ordinary platinum disks:cry: .
The last battle was pretty easy but Ultimecia's final stage was soo scary when she first popped up, especially with that effective music to go with it, so she kinda scares me as stupid as it sounds.:choc:
Actually I thought Adel was the hardest battle out of FF8, I really hate fighting her some times.
I didn't want to fight Omega weapon he jes looked scary when I seen the picture of him in my guidbook and I looked at his stats and I thought hell no, there was no way I was going to fight that thing, was it hard?
:mog:

playaGAW
02-05-2004, 06:06 PM
3 inches of snow ain't nothin we got at least 8 to 12 inches in the Deroit area and still got school. i HATE IT when the news hypes up that junk like its about to be a real big storm then nothing comes down.

Back on subject I think Adel had a sex change operation.

lonely
02-05-2004, 06:08 PM
he, he, he that's funny Adel having a sex change, well that's one I've never heard.:D

Rinoa 99
02-07-2004, 05:58 AM
hee hee.i think she will come even worse :lolz: i wonder if shez a transgendered.that fancy word i just used (4 u dummies:tongue: )means she is both man & woman!!!

lonely
02-21-2004, 04:06 PM
or maybe she only had her face made to look like a womans, coz I'm pretty sure that's the only part of her that looks female, he, he.:)

playaGAW
03-07-2004, 06:06 PM
*Staring at Adel face to face* She looks likea male to me I think I even see a mustache*Adel gets pisssed and we are locked in a staredown*

celtcknight
03-08-2004, 07:11 AM
Yea, she has guy parts, how else can rinoa stay in that position agaisnt ehr chest!?!?!?:whoa:

§håd0w
03-10-2004, 01:15 AM
I'd be willing to nuzzle myself into a chick's chest, especially if they dress like Adel.

Kirobaito
03-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Preach it, m1287.