PDA

View Full Version : Translation of FF12 site (English)

kuno
12-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Well I saw the topic about translaing the FF12 site into English. I thought I'd post the translation here because then more people will read it if its a new topic? And for organisations sake too. So here I go:

Theres 4 characters, 2 boys & 2 girls. The boys are called Vaan and Balflear. The girls are Fran & Ashe.
Vaan (human race) is a lad who lives in a downtown, and is not really happy with the style of life his in. He wants freedom, and to be able to fly (airship I think)
Balflear (human race) is a high person, position in life wise. He likes girls and alcohol. He is with Fran on an airship and travelling.
Fran (Viera race) is a woman warrior. She's good with airships too.
Ashe (human race) is related to a king, but when the king declines, she creates a rebel group. They say that she has the hots for Vaan when she meets him.

To me it looks as if Vaan and Ashe are the main characters. Litlle bit like Squall and Rinoa, very different but end up liking each other.

I'm on prologue now... ok... its kinda wierd but I'll give it a go.
It is a story of warriors, taking their swords in their hands, seeking for that forgotten skill. This story is set in a world called Ivalice. Alcadia empire, which exists on Valentia land, is under war against Lodaria empire, which exists on Odaria land. Alcadia empire, in a time of war against Lodaria, also wages war against a small country – Dalmaska. This is the country where Ashe lives, as a daughter of the king. She forms a resistance group against the empire. The Empire is strong, and their attacks are starting to weaken the resistance. But then, at the turn of the tide, Ashe finds a boy called Vaan. At this time, Ashe’s heart changes. This meeting of the 2 warriors, changes the story of Ivalice drastically…

WOW! That was rather hard lol. I’ve not written any japanese for good 5 years now, so I guess I’m kind of losing the language a little bit. But still, I can manage :)

This game is out on Playstation 2, and is a role playing game, out in Japan 2004 Summer (changeable)

Hope that helps you people ;)

DocFrance
12-31-2003, 10:50 AM
Mmmm... engrish....

Silent Warrior
01-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Pessimist. :p

kuno: Well, it doesn't provide me with much new information. And the release-date... doesn't apply to me. :( I guess I'll see FF12 in stores the same time as Xenosaga 1... (What the bloody hell are Namco thinking?? Stick a blowtorch up their asses!)

blue_midget192
01-28-2004, 06:33 PM
the bit about Vaan, with the wanting to fly, the airship bit is right.

i'l continue with wat else i know;
ALL THAT IS BELOW IS A LOAD OF SPOILER!!!

it is set in the world of Ivalice (same as FFTactics) and the main place in the game is the Dalmaska Kingdom, of which Ashe is princess of. this kingdom is in the middle of a war between the continents of Ordalia and Valentia that contain two waring factions (Arcadia, from Valentia. and Rosaria from Ordalia). Dalmaska is eventually defeated by Arcadia, this makes Ashe kinda mad so as the last remaining royal, she forms a resistance group against Arcadia but eventually consedes that all is lost. then she meets Vaan and this drastically alters the course of thing to come. the game contains a group of judges know as the Knights Of Terror and they ride on Chocobos. The game has a Medievial-Mediterranean feel to it which is reflected in the graphics. Also airships have a lot more importance and will take centre stage in FFXII, in fact Vaan dreams of being a sky pirate. the details of the game system are very sketchy but we have been told that it will be very different with more freedom of movement, we don't know exactly how this will work yet (my guess is that you will at least be able to jump like in FFX-2) is unknown. but it looks like one hell of a game. hope this helps u all. :) M@

paraphrased from OPM

Rostum
01-30-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by blue_midget192
it is set in the world of Ivalice (same as FFTactics)

Hasn't it been said that it's not the same Ivalice from FFT?

Silent Warrior
02-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Not EXACTLY the same, but I get the impression the two Ivalices will be more closely related than the Xeno-universes of Xenogears and Xenosaga. ... Hehe! D00d, I think I just committed a pun! :whoa: Wicked little me! *Saunters off into a distant topic*

blue_midget192
02-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Omecle
Hasn't it been said that it's not the same Ivalice from FFT?

well as Silent Warrior says there probebly not exactly the same, i havent played FFT or FFTA but i know that the big pig-like jailer guys are the same but i presume its not goning to exactly the same place with tthe saem charrecters etc but basically the same..if that made any snese?....nope...damit *hides*

UltimateSpamGrover
05-11-2004, 06:02 AM
Similar to FFTA, there are judges in the game. I think the cover will explain itself :mog:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-11-2004, 08:38 PM
i havent played FFT or FFTA but i know that the big pig-like jailer guys are the sameExcept there are no pig-like jailer guys in FFT or FFTA.

bEoWuLfX
05-12-2004, 02:21 AM
I think it's the same world, but different time periods. Maybe it takes place before Tactics because remeber how they talked about some high tech civilizations in the past in Tactics?