PDA

View Full Version : [A] Speculum and Mick again... ^.^;

Ultima Seraph
12-31-2003, 07:48 AM
I am so happy with the way this turned out... tell me what you guys think.

copy/paste to view

http://www.geocities.com/major_connors/speculum.jpg

Okay, the picture that's attatched is something that not everyone will enjoy, but it's nothing extremely bad. It's just Connors. Shirtless.

Dr Unne
01-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Why in the world does this have no comments? Those are really nice. How do you get that texture for your shading? Is it the paper? (Or is it digital, I can't tell.)

Ultima Seraph
01-07-2004, 03:48 AM
Thank you so much for commenting. ;.; I was beginning to think no one cared. x.x Then again, that happens sometimes... I've seen works that go waaaayyy to the bottom of the page before someone comments. Of course, just because someone doesn't comment, doesn't mean that they don't care... it just means that they don't have anything to say. ^^

As for the shading, the pictures are done completely free-handed. ^^ I use either my finger or a smudge, depending on the type of paper and what kind of texture I want to give the piece.

Thank you very much!

Dr Unne
01-07-2004, 04:09 AM
This forum just isn't as active as it used to be. What kind of paper do you use? How do you get your shading all dotted at the edges like that? Is it just pencils? Did you tint the drawing after you scanned it or did you draw with colored pencil?

You shouldn't use your finger, you smear finger-oil into the page, and in a few years the paper will have huge yellow splotches on it. :( A tissue or a stump or something like that is the way to go. That's what I've heard.

Ultima Seraph
01-07-2004, 08:06 AM
I normally just use plain old copy paper or ink jet paper... nothing fancy. (I can't afford fancy stuff x.x).

Both the pictures were drawn in pencil, then I just used Adobe to give it the inked/colored pencil look respectively. As for the shading, well... I really don't know how I gave it that look. ^^;; I just kinda shade. I actually think the dot effect came into play with my P.O.S. scanner.

yunie
01-07-2004, 08:32 AM
that's cool!!!!!
kyah!
i wish i can draw like that!!!! >.<

Leeza
01-12-2004, 06:23 AM
Your drawings are excellent. :)