PDA

View Full Version : Impressions so Far...

Savannah
01-01-2004, 06:44 AM
Ashe looks like a copy/paste of Yuna, aside from her blonde hair and subtraction of clothing (FFX-wise). Her history puts her in a more Rinoa-ish position, however (let's hope she isn't as annoying). She's cute-- hopefully not as dumb as she looks, either.

Vaan is apparently Tidus's long-lost Dalmascian twin brother. He looks more baby-faced and innocent, though, which hopefully doesn't mean he'll be even more whiney.

Now, Balflear. He looks promising. A sleazy, heartbreaking mechanic/thief who leads an adventurous life with a lizard-woman partner-in-crime. He reminds me of Seifer and Auron, appearance-wise, both of whom I have big fat crushes on. I've already decided to like him. :love:

Fran seems awesome-- like a lizardized Lulu. I'd like to see another FF female who kicks ass in hard-hitting combat (i.e. Auron, Barret). The description of her on FFXII.org says her race is trained in particular in hand-to-hand combat and sword play, but her weapon is a bow and arrow. Hmn.

The overall feel of the Ivalice world looks like a return to the FFVII and FFVIII environments-- it looks more "serious" than Spira, which was lush and much more fantasy-ish. The screencaps of soldiers decked out in heavy metal armor and the fact that the world is at war also contributes to a general feeling of maturity, a kind of darkness that FFX didn't have.

So what do you guys think so far?

Aerio
01-02-2004, 09:01 PM
FFXIII: Drag queens R us? I dont mind girl look like Tidus(who wasn't all that girly) but Vaan DOES look like a girl

If they want the main main char to look like a girl then make him a girl...thats all...don't mind girl lead...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Fran, a "lizardized" Lulu? She's a Viera--a big bunny rabbit.

DocFrance
01-03-2004, 12:03 AM
Yeah, the character design for the Viera was done by Hugh Hefner ;)

TheAbominatrix
01-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Aerio
FFXIII: Drag queens R us? I dont mind girl look like Tidus(who wasn't all that girly) but Vaan DOES look like a girl

If they want the main main char to look like a girl then make him a girl...thats all...don't mind girl lead...

That's the way the Japanese do things. They like their males to be feminine overall, hence the term 'bishonen' (pretty boy). Look at the original Amano sketches for every game, they're as girly as they come.

ZeZipster
01-03-2004, 04:08 AM
Ugh... My brother is going to love this game... In FFTA his entire party was Viera.

Savannah
01-03-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Fran, a "lizardized" Lulu? She's a Viera--a big bunny rabbit.

Her face in the mugshot at FFXIIonline.com looks lizardy.

m4tt
01-06-2004, 08:40 PM
The game seems like it will be interesting. Wish they'd add some male characters though.

http://www.ffxiionline.com/page/characters/char_fran.jpg

How is that "Lizardy"? I see no scales.

Savannah
01-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Gau
The game seems like it will be interesting. Wish they'd add some male characters though.

http://www.ffxiionline.com/page/characters/char_fran.jpg

How is that "Lizardy"? I see no scales.

If I hadn't thought she looked lizardy in some way, I wouldn't have said she looked lizardy, now would I?

The pic I saw was a close-up of her face, no ears, and it was greenish. I see now she obviously isn't lizardy, but she looked it.

prince leon
01-13-2004, 06:30 AM
All I can say is that this game is going to be awesome. :p

This Final Fantasy will probably have the darkest atmosphere of them all.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-13-2004, 08:15 PM
What are you talking about? Everything so far looks incredibly lighthearted.

stuffing
01-14-2004, 02:15 AM
aye, looks cool, but i don't like hot pink

Savannah
01-18-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
What are you talking about? Everything so far looks incredibly lighthearted.

Not really-- especially compared to FFX.

Xander
01-22-2004, 07:26 PM
I haven't read much about this game so far but Ashe and Vaan look beautiful. Although Ashe looks far too much like Yuna. But I like Vaan's look, *likes girly men* He reminds me somewhat of Zidane - just how I would imagine Zidane's face in those sort of graphics. Girlie-guys rock =D

As for the gameplay, I haven't found much out about it yet. But I look forward to the game anyway. (Even though us in the UK will have it pretty much last =(

Lamia
01-28-2004, 08:38 AM
Ashe looks like a blonde Yuna with MONSTER CURVES.
Look at her freakin butt, thighs, and hips! It's like Yuna meets J.Lo meets blonde hair dye. Hahaha.
But the cool thing about Ashe is that she weilds a big sword!
http://www.firingsquad.com/media/article_image.asp?fs_article_id=1387&pic_id=07

And here is a picture I guess if anyone wants to take a look and has possibly not seen this one yet. Well, she doesn't hold the sword in the picture... but you can see her monster curves. Haha.

IMO, Ashe doesn't look as weak or as fragile as some of the past FF female characters too.

Anyway, on to the other characters...
Vaan does look a little homosexual.. I mean... girly. Haha.

Balflear looks pretty cool.

And Fran is just kick butt!

Haha. I am really excited about XII.
I personally hated the cast of X!

DocFrance
01-28-2004, 02:50 PM
Curvalicious indeed. But she's gotta learn to stop picking her nose...

FInalfantasyfinatic4
02-03-2004, 10:31 PM
is this gonna be the last of the series?

Lamia
02-07-2004, 05:33 PM
I doubt that. I think the series has a long way to go. FFX was only a turning point.

Renaiide
02-08-2004, 03:32 AM
On my death bed, Square will still be pumping out FF's.

01chapmanh
02-13-2004, 01:03 PM
This game better have more chocobos and ladies. That wud make it da best FF ever! Especially if dey include viera, nu mou etc. The game looks set 2 be amazin!;) :whoa:

unknown88
02-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I kinda liked how the races looked in FFTA, this is gonna kick @ss. I love Viera and Bangaa

FInalfantasyfinatic4
02-19-2004, 09:35 PM
well we 'll all be seeing more of ff x graphix for a while now i dunt know how the graphics could get much better unless its lif lilke.

Breine
02-21-2004, 08:13 PM
For me the game's looking beautiful and I'm very much looking forward to playing it... :D But then again, who isn't?