PDA

View Full Version : Telling your ISP when to sign off

Cid
01-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Does anyone know how to tell your ISP when to sign off? I like to download mp3s while I sleep cause I have a 56k, but too often I sleep in and the connection stays online- causing me to miss important calls and keep my family members from being able to sign onto the same aol account from their house.

So is there a way I can start downloading and 11pm and tell the comp to sign off AOL at 8am? I remember getright having a feature like this a long time ago, but I don't use getright anymore. Any thoughts?

Erdrick Holmes
01-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Uhhh, AOL is the source of the problem right there, AOL sometimes won't sign off at will. Sometimes with MSN its like that too I have an idea. I haveh ere the task manager, see that icon that I circled? Just right click and click disconnect and it will immediatly disconnect.

Dr Unne
01-02-2004, 06:58 PM
There are programs out there that will let you shut your computer off at a certain time. Guess how long you want your computer running for and have it shut down at that time. http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=shutdown&tg=dl-2001&search=+Go%2521+ for examples. Use at your own risk, I've never touched one of those.

Cid
01-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Thanks Unner. One of those was perfect. It allowed for the option to only disconnect from the internet at a specified time instead of turning your computer off.