PDA

View Full Version : Problems with AIM

Erdrick Holmes
01-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Everytime I change my buddy info it changes itself back ti thi:

I can't believe I found %n's Picture here
HAHAHA

Peope say that thye click on the link and it freezes there computer and messes it up like crazy, is this something with spyware or something? Also how do I remedy this?

Divina
01-03-2004, 06:00 AM
I've heard about this.

Go <a href=http://www.imchaos.com/alert.asp>here</a> to read about it and how to remedy it.

Phil
01-03-2004, 06:06 AM
go to www.symantec.com. You have a trojan virus called Trojan.Sinkin. You have to press control alt delete and say end task for av.exe. Then go into start > run > and open regedit. then go to hkey_local_machine > software> microsoft > windows> current version > and click run. Then delte the value it says to delete at the symantec site. I forgot exactly which one it was. One of my friends has the virus.

Dr Unne
01-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Joel, have you ever considered changing your internet habits? You seem to make a post about getting a virus or some form of spyware every couple weeks. Viruses don't just appear on your computer, you must be doing something unsafe on a regular basis.

Erdrick Holmes
01-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Well the AIM problem has cleared up, and I have spyware killers and Virus don't bother me that much because I have my firewall up, so I don't really know how all of this crap keeps happening, I perform Windows Updates all the time. The things I do on the internet on a daily basis is come here as well as 3 other forums, on the weekends when I have spare time with nothing to do I download hentai movies on Imesh, play Diablo 2, Half Life, or Serious Sam. I only use my p2p client for downloading video clips and music, I don't think downloadig things on Imesh can get you that much virus trouble conciderng I don't download anything ending in .exe or .zip.

Rainecloud
01-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Just resist the urge to click everything in sight, Joel. ;)

Max
01-05-2004, 03:01 AM
wow and I finally got my aim to work:D