PDA

View Full Version : Bard!

Squarepusher
01-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Hey all,

So whats up with the bard class? I was thinking that I would make a Hume THF/BRD, what do you think? Also, how does a bard work in ffxi ( not literaly ), more specificaly... can a bard fight and sing at the same time, or are you required to play an instrument while casting songs....I only have xp with EQ and DAOC when it comes to bards, what are the comparisons if any...? Thanks all

Ouch!
01-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Bards don't work well as a subjob, because you are limited to the number of weapons you can equip. Don't expect to fight as a bard either, you'll be casting songs on your party members. But once you cast a song, I don't think you need to keep playing it. All I know is you can only have two songs going at a time.

The BRD/WHM works wonders, and will be welcome in any group. The buffs and healing abilities make the choice a magnificent selection for a supporting caster in any party.

As for a race selection, hume offers charisma, magic and decent survivability. Mithra are interesting for subjobs, and could possibly function as a BRD/THF, though I still suggest against an offensive subjob for the bard unless it's magical. Tarutaru obviously have the best potential for the BRD/WHM combo.

The player's guide says this about the BRD/THF combination. "Not usually as powerful for a party support role, this combo still adds treasure to the group's coffers. A person looking for a break from the standard mold should consider this option."

My suggestion for the most effective bard would be a tarutaru with a white mage sub job.

Squarepusher
01-03-2004, 12:55 AM
Thanks a lot for that info, Fixed me right up. I'll definately do something else then. Cheers

Lionx
01-03-2004, 12:59 AM
BRD subjob is the WORST ><

No instruments(therefore using voice), limited songs that are useless at high lvls, and also one song active instead of two, makes a huge burden on the pt.

As for everything else, Zaphier hit it on the center of the nail :)

Thunday Man
01-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Squarepusher
Hey all,

So whats up with the bard class? I was thinking that I would make a Hume THF/BRD, what do you think? Also, how does a bard work in ffxi ( not literaly ), more specificaly... can a bard fight and sing at the same time, or are you required to play an instrument while casting songs....I only have xp with EQ and DAOC when it comes to bards, what are the comparisons if any...? Thanks all

its alot more like EQ bard if anything, not like DAOC. coming from eperiance from playin a 52 bard on EQ and a 50 bard on DAOC

Lionx
01-14-2004, 05:08 AM
Heres an entire FAQ and guide made by a poster at these forums.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27082