PDA

View Full Version : Just bought FFX today...

~*Lizziegrl*~
01-03-2004, 12:21 AM
I spent maybe an hour or two playing my newly bought game ($20 by the way, good deal) and I was disappointed...

I was hoping to see stunning video like I saw in FFIV... Thats what I love most about FF games... the graphics are usually amazing, and beautiful...
The animation and video for this game seem to be a step down from last game... O well... I'm sure my friend will buy it off of me, either that or it can be a late x-mas present, lol...

Other than that, the gameplay wasn't too bad compared to the other ff's...

SomethingBig
01-03-2004, 12:49 AM
Did you not see the blitzball game in the beginning, or something?

~*Lizziegrl*~
01-03-2004, 02:05 AM
I did actually. I think the part where Tidus jumps out of the arena to kick the ball in midair looked pretty cool, but still...
I don't like how they took the charaters out of gameplay and just stuck them in with a nicely animated background. Like, the video that plays in the very begining, the first thing you see having to do with the game: The characters movements are pretty smoothly animated, however, when they are not moving, they seem to twitch or something, you know. And it looks like your in the middle of controling them, not like it's a seperatly animated movie...

razor248725
01-03-2004, 02:16 AM
you should at least finish the game before selling it to your friend. heck, its the beggining of the game there is alot more to do! so play it for like 30 hours, not 2.

Savannah
01-03-2004, 04:38 AM
Uh. You're insane.

TheAbominatrix
01-03-2004, 04:40 AM
Stunning video like in IV? That was one of the ugliest FMV's I've ever seen. X has gorgeous video, even down to the character's hair... and the grestest thing is that the average gameplay looks as good as the FMVs of older games.

~*Lizziegrl*~
01-03-2004, 05:42 AM
The graphics during game play are great, probably the best yet... but so far, the best videos i've seen are in IV...

I'll probably play it more before I give it to my friend, but I don't know... I'm still not done with IV, and am so looking forward to it... (need to wait for my bro to get the disk back from his friend)

(ps.-Yes, I am insane, and it's great fun! :p )

TheAbominatrix
01-03-2004, 05:46 AM
Are you sure you mean IV and not IX? (4 and not 9?)

DMKA
01-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah, are you sure? Cause umm...you're a few steps beyond insane if you don't...and your just a step shy of insane if you do:tongue:.

Flare_Star
01-04-2004, 02:37 PM
the videos in IV are, well....crap.

volkyrai
01-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Are you crazy?! How can you not like anything about ten???
I'll admit that the voice acting was kinda dodgy, but come on. Bad FMV??

~*Lizziegrl*~
01-05-2004, 06:50 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yea.. I meant 9 not 4! HAHAHAHA

Doomgaze
01-05-2004, 09:11 AM
You're still wrong, just not completely insane. That's a step up, at least.

Anyway. The game moves seamlessly in and out of FMV. There's no big loading times before movies - they just happen. And the in-game graphics are so good that you don't ALWAYS notice that you've gone to FMV right away. Maybe you just really like looking at crap for a few hours and then being treated to FMV that looks good? (still grossly inferior to FFX's, if simply for the difference of compression between CDs and DVDs)

"Wah, the graphics aren't good enough for me even though they blow FF9 away, I think I'll sell it"... that attitude generally is not liked amongst the rabid fanboys. Be warned, you might wake up with a chocobo head in your bed...

Or maybe you just have an unhealthy fixation with simians.

Silent Warrior
01-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Lizzie: Well, I'm no fanboy, but, as Doomgaze said, some people don't take kindly to that kind of attitude (Graphics not as good as I demand, *TOSS*). Including me. Grr. You're looking at someone who enjoyed the thrills of Wing Commander: Privateer (made in 1992 or something) less than three years ago.

Radje
01-06-2004, 09:51 PM
I fail to see how IX has better FMVs then X I mean, The FMVs and general acetastic graphics are the things everyone praises about X even the people who hate the game admit that the Graphics are excellent, probably the best of it's time. Are you sure your not just a IX lover who finds something wrong with every other game because you loved 9 so much? I was like that with 7 for a long while ^.^

Ares123
01-07-2004, 08:53 PM
FFIX FMV is nothing by comparison - FFIX is quite fuzzy and blocky, FFX is nothing under beautiful - although it lacks antialiasing.

Greeneyes
01-09-2004, 02:10 PM
You're kidding! Disappointed with FFX's videos?

You must not have seen the lake scene. It's truly AWESOME! I kept staring at the water droplets & the water ripples to see if they were real water droplets somehow superimposed on the CGs.

Right down to Yuna's tears as she & Tidus kissed & the reflection of the moonlight on both their faces. I, for one, thought all this was truly amazing.

And that part where Yuna walks on water (the funeral sending). Who can forget that?

Maxico
01-09-2004, 11:31 PM
I do see the parts where there still but there vibrating for some reason.

~*Lizziegrl*~
01-10-2004, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Maxico
I do see the parts where there still but there vibrating for some reason.

I am only about 2 hours into the game, but the video they play before you even start the game, where tidus puts his hand on that girls shoulder.
That whole video looks like they took the characters out of ingame play and pasted them into a beautiful background. When they are sapposed to be still, they vibrate quite noticably, but when they move (like when she turns her head) it's nice and smooth.
I'm guessing my what all of you have said that they don't have a true video until later on in the game...

Savannah
01-12-2004, 05:46 AM
Er, yeah. The beginning sequence is hardly an FMV (even though it should be)-- that's what the regular gameplay looks like.

TheAbominatrix
01-12-2004, 05:50 AM
Yep. If I remember right the first FMV is the blitzball game. The X characters look far more at home in their environments than IX's. That's been one of the worst problems with the change to better graphics, the characters and the backgrounds don't look like they belong together.

Savannah
01-13-2004, 03:24 AM
At least watch the first blitzball FMV if you really want to give the game away-- it's the best FMV in the game, IMHO, excluding the ending (some prefer the sending and the kiss, of course).

gokufusionss1
01-13-2004, 11:03 AM
nine is the worst ff of all, come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom_Dream
01-18-2004, 06:08 PM
I have Ten and Nine, and ten is WAY better Grahic wise then Nine. Maybe you should not buy third-hand copies ;). No seriously, the graphics are better. There's no doubting it, because it's a fact.