PDA

View Full Version : Break HP Limit -- Is it worth it?

TheSpoonyBard
01-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Is Break HP Limit worth putting on my character's armour? I've already decided that Break MP Limit is useless, but I'm not sure bout Break HP Limit. I'm thinking of having it in order to defeat the Dark Aeons and the creatures from the Monster Arena, but there's a problem. Say they hurt me 99,999, Break HP Limit wouldn't save me then. Is there something more worthwhile that I could equip to complement Ribbon, Auto-Phoenix and Auto-Regen?

Savannah
01-05-2004, 03:29 AM
Auto-Life is very helpful. I never got it on my own, but it's on the sphere grid. I'm sure Auto-Phoenix is awesome as well... just get 99 MegaPhoenixes and you'll automatically get the customize option Auto-Phoenix to add to any of your parties' armor or weapons. Not sure what you need for Auto-Regen. MegaPotion, maybe?

Break Limit HP would certainly be helpful, but since I had little trouble with a maximum HP of around 6000 by the end of the game, I'd invest in something else, personally.

Silent Warrior
01-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Savannah says true. Don't bother with Break HP Limit unless you're taking on the Dark Aeons. Then it's absolutely vital.
Example: I had, like 7000-9999 HP in my party and ran face first into Dark Valefor. He spanked my skinny ass before I even knew what was going on. Quick little bugger, some 100k HP or so as well. And a party-wide 9999-attack, and the dreaded 99'999 attack. Though I think the last one only hits one target (I may, of course, be wrong), it's still nothing to shrug off. And this is the WEAKEST Dark Aeon! I'm reasonably sure that party was enough to easily teach that final ball-boss who's boss. Nuff said. Dark Aeons = unbalanced.
A while later, when I had pumped up my party to 20-30k HP, Valefor was merely challenging. Ifrit almost gave me a heart-attack, Shiva provided good sport also. Then I just went crazy, activated Infinite Gil with my PAR2 and Zanmatoed the others. Bah! On my next run-through, I'm NOT bothering with Dark Aeons!

CactuarKing
01-13-2004, 03:07 PM
I am still getting whipped by the dark aeons, but I chose not to have break HP limit!

Lord Xehanort
01-14-2004, 03:39 PM
I have no Dark Aeons to fight. The Break Limits are useless except for Break Damage Limit. Invest in Half Mp Cost, 1 Mp Cost, Magic Booster and BDL and you'll be fine.

CactuarKing
01-14-2004, 05:01 PM
I have no Dark Aeons to fight

You lucky, lucky soul!!

Lord Xehanort
01-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Just American. There are no Dark Aeons here, so I got Tidus' Sun Crest without fighting Dark Bahamut. The only Dark Aeons I know of are in FFX-2

TheSpoonyBard
01-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Just American. There are no Dark Aeons here, so I got Tidus' Sun Crest without fighting Dark Bahamut. The only Dark Aeons I know of are in FFX-2
The Dark Aeons appear in the English PAL version of the game, so I'm lumbered with em. Lucky me. I've decided against Break HP Limit, for the following reasons;

1) It takes too long to get all the necessary items to add it.
2) Even if I got my HP to 99,999 I could still die in one hit, so there's no point.
3) I've got better armour already.

On all characters: Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Regen, Ribbon, Auto-Haste.

CactuarKing
01-15-2004, 05:20 PM
The Dark Aeons appear in the English PAL version of the game, so I'm lumbered with em. Lucky me. I've decided against Break HP Limit, for the following reasons;

1) It takes too long to get all the necessary items to add it.
2) Even if I got my HP to 99,999 I could still die in one hit, so there's no point.
3) I've got better armour already.

On all characters: Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Regen, Ribbon, Auto-Haste.

I have the English Pal version as well! I am also aiming for the armour that you have on all your characters! I am currently trying to get anima after having missed all the destruction sphere treasures and have JUST beaten dark valefor and redone the besaid temple puzzle!

Nova Dragon
01-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Others have mentioned this already but....

I would say that autolife, 1 MP cost and break damage limit would be the best to go with.

TheSpoonyBard
01-15-2004, 06:47 PM
I would say that autolife, 1 MP cost and break damage limit would be the best to go with.
That would be very true if I was asking about weapon abilities. 1 MP Cost and Break Damage Limit go on weapons, both of which I already possess, and Auto-Life is a White Magic, and so cannot be placed on either weapon or armour.