PDA

View Full Version : OMFG *throws PS2 out the window*

DMKA
01-03-2004, 06:39 PM
HOW THE HELL CAN YOU GET BETTER THAN 0: 0.0 ON GOD DAMN CHOCOBO RACE!?!?

No seriously, I'm pissed now. IS it possible? Is there some secret to doing it? My best time so far is like 12.1 or something.

Jebus
01-03-2004, 06:42 PM
I watched my bother do this for me, oh your god it was so funny. I'd think it just takes patience not to crush your controller cause of the birds, the trick is to try and get passed the trainer on the inside, and then grab all the balloons, I also noticed the birds tend to go right just before attack, so just turn left a bit, and you might avoid them.

Other than that I dunno.

SomethingBig
01-03-2004, 07:16 PM
I loved this mini-game! It took about 5 tries to get 0:00, though. Just keep getting the balloons and you will win.

Nait
01-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by SomethingBig
I loved this mini-game! It took about 5 tries to get 0:00, though. Just keep getting the balloons and you will win.

I think I may be speaking for the whole community here when I say "I hate you from the bottom of my crushed and dripping, chocobo-eaten heart."

PhoenixAsh
01-03-2004, 09:07 PM
*Supports Nait*

I did most mini-games in X, and concluded the game was designed for evil. I've made several very long posts on the topic.

SomethingBig
01-03-2004, 11:07 PM
I thought it was the only good mini-game in FFX.

DeBlayde
01-03-2004, 11:37 PM
I think I may be speaking for the whole community here when I say "I hate you from the bottom of my crushed and dripping, chocobo-eaten heart."

*seconds support for nait*

somehow, I managed to get a time of 0.9 seconds, but i have no recollection how and haven't been able to get closer than 6.something since.

everything dealing with chocobos in this game is evil, from the birdbrained expression they maintain to their little robin sounding chirps and whistles. the whole WARK! thing, and all the noises they made on FFVII I thought was more suited to a 7 foot tall bird.

SeeDRankLou
01-03-2004, 11:54 PM
*thirds nait's sentiment*

I think that the only way to get 0:0:0 on this game is persistence and pure luck. Eventually, the sequence of balloons and apperance of birds will be in your favor so that you can get that score. It took me about 35 tries before I got it. I remember my first time playing, on my 20th-ish try I got 0:0:5 or something really close like that, I think I was so pissed I acutally ripped the controller out of the PS2. Luckily I didn't break anything.

Big D
01-04-2004, 01:38 AM
You might know this already, but if you hold down R1, R2, L1 and L2 during a race, your chocobo will be steadier and easier to control. This definitely works on the PAL version, at least.
Kind of like the 'chocobo recharge' cheat in FFVII.

I've never acquired Tidus' sigil, either. Too frustrating.

DMKA
01-04-2004, 01:42 AM
You might know this already, but if you hold down R1, R2, L1 and L2 during a race, your chocobo will be steadier and easier to control. This definitely works on the PAL version, at least.
You serious!?!? I didn't know that!!!

I was fully aware of the FF7 one though.

razor248725
01-04-2004, 03:56 AM
yeah it is possible to get 00.0 all right. i did it as a fluke a couple of weeks ago

Flare_Star
01-04-2004, 02:25 PM
that side-quest is nigh-on impossible. I remember before i done it with a time of 2.8 secs! I was like "one more f****** baloon!"

DMKA
01-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Ohhh...my...yevon!!!!

I'M AT 1.5 SECONDS.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Jebus
01-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Haha, I'm really glad I didn't do this myself, I have no patience for things like this. Speaking of which, my brother go 0.02 secs once. I laughed for a good 10 mins on that one.

GaV
01-04-2004, 06:01 PM
hehe it took me 7 attempts i think

soulICE
01-06-2004, 05:04 PM
i gave up after the 40th try. on the last try i got 0.04 seconds.. and i went apeshit and had a tantrum that would rival a 5 year old (of course a 5 year old shouldnt know every conceivable curse in the english language).

with that said and done.. i had excalibur [break damage limit/triple overdrive/evade and counter/one MP cost] made. meh. its better than getting premature grey hair from stressing over the dammed chocobos.

i MIGHT go back and try BigD's suggestion.. maybe once my hatred for FFX chocobos lessens.

DMKA
01-12-2004, 01:18 PM
I...actually...DID IT!

Yep...now its official...I'm insane.

Now...to learn how to play blitzball:eep:.

Maxico
01-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Its easy. The only annoying part is the weapon.

"ok I have to mug this weak monster to get an item that i need to upgrade whatsits weapon"
weakling jelly thing attacks tidus for 3 damage
tidus counter attacks for 9999
"oh well theres still another"
bat thingie uses thunder for 43 damage
tidus magic counters for 9999
lulu casts stone on tidus
auron shatters tidus
max rejoices.

blue_midget192
01-12-2004, 09:41 PM
*firsts own statement of complete sitting-on-the-fence-ness*

i havent played said mini game in said Fina Fantasy so i cannot comment, sorry Nait i probebly would agree with you but i have not played it :( so i am setting up my Matt's-sitting-on-the-fence-in-complete-stupidity-cus-i'v-got-a-fence-sticking-outa-my-ase party :) ALL MUST JOIN THE "Matt's-sitting-on-the-fence-in-complete-stupidity-cus-i'v-got-a-fence-sticking-outa-my-ase party" :D

m4tt
01-12-2004, 10:47 PM
The mini-game was a pain, yes. It took me a few hours to get it. After I got it, I didn't play the game again for a few days because I was so mad at it.

Originally posted by blue_midget192
*firsts own statement of complete sitting-on-the-fence-ness*

i havent played said mini game in said Fina Fantasy so i cannot comment, sorry Nait i probebly would agree with you but i have not played it :( so i am setting up my Matt's-sitting-on-the-fence-in-complete-stupidity-cus-i'v-got-a-fence-sticking-outa-my-ase party :) ALL MUST JOIN THE "Matt's-sitting-on-the-fence-in-complete-stupidity-cus-i'v-got-a-fence-sticking-outa-my-ase party" :D

How does that have anything to do with the topic? o_o

Lord Xehanort
01-14-2004, 03:57 PM
The Wobbly Chocobo, Dodger Chocobo and Hyper Dodger Chocobo were created by Satan. The race was simple. First Attempt: 34 sec. My second try, the first set of balloons were so simply placed I thought that Yevon was on my side. I got out with about 15 balloons and no birds hit me. So, 28-15(3)= -17 sec.

Iceglow
01-14-2004, 04:20 PM
utter fluke I got -6seconds once so don't ask I think it was because my chocobo was intent on shoving it's head up the trainers arse and she took all of the birds whilst I only got two balloons in the entire race it worked for me honestly though it's not worth it the weapon is crap build your own to be better

Lord Xehanort
01-14-2004, 07:35 PM
What're you talking about? The Caladbolg rocks!

Iceglow
01-15-2004, 04:21 PM
IMO the Caldabog was not the best celestial weapon for someone who had no need of Sphere levels by the time he got it (and yes I put better stat spheres in the lower ones e.g I replaces all str + 1 or +2 with str +4 spheres)

Lord Xehanort
01-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Okay, so it only rocks because of Break Damage Limit.

pixie_demon
01-19-2004, 03:12 AM
i had to attempt said mini game about forty times.
i got 0.01!!
got so angry that i threw controller on floor, picked up cushion, smashed said cushion on controller about 20 times (only softly tho, it is my beloved PS2 controller..) then screamed like a madman.

then tried again and got EXACTLY 0.00, thoght it would allow that, but it did!!!!

cuddled controller and apoligised.

then got the stupid damn sigil!!!

was very pleased!!