PDA

View Full Version : Dagger? (spoilers)

blue_midget192
01-05-2004, 09:51 PM
ok, so princess garnet, real name Sarh (or summat like that whats the deal with her being called dagger??? (please bear in mind that im English)

TheAbominatrix
01-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Did you entirely miss that part of the game? She changes her name to Dagger as she cuts her hair, so they arent running around calling her Garnet all the time and alerting the attention of everyone else, most of whom are well aware that Princess Garnet had been kidnapped.

PhoenixAsh
01-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Actually she changes it after leaving the Ice Cavern after asking what Zidane's weapon was called. She cuts her hair after returning to Alexandria.

I think that's right, it's been a long time.

TheAbominatrix
01-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Ah, well I got the order wrong, but the reasons are right.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Yeah, she cuts her hair like way late in the game. What were you thinking, Ash?

TheAbominatrix
01-06-2004, 12:59 PM
I never got that far in the game, just couldnt get into it. Not to mention the large dent in one of the discs.

*hangs her head in shame*

Lord Xehanort
01-28-2004, 09:39 PM
How do you know her real name? I don't recall it being mentioned.

blue_midget192
01-28-2004, 09:55 PM
ok, i think we have some pal-imerican version (can't remeber wat its called) confusion here. as far as i knew here real name was sarah, cus it tells you this in madeen sari after you do somthing, can't remeber wat its just i'v seen a screan shot that calls her dagger and every one keeps calling her dagger. i have got as far as disk 4 to mamoria and she dint say anything bout it the 2 times mentioned, when you get to...i think its the first city u get to, she decieds to change her name and u get to pick it urself so help me plz im very confused

TheAbominatrix
01-29-2004, 02:12 AM
From what I've read (remember, I havent played much past the first disc) in that weird city, its revealed that her birth name is Sarah. She probably didnt know it (I dont see how she would at all). Garnet was the name the Queen gave her, and Dagger was the name she gave herself.

Lord Xehanort
01-29-2004, 11:10 AM
NOW I GET IT! 'Madain Sari' means 'Maiden Sarah' in Spanish... I think. So THAT"S the secret of the eidolon wall.

Rostum
01-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by blue_midget192
ok, i think we have some pal-imerican version (can't remeber wat its called) confusion here. as far as i knew here real name was sarah, cus it tells you this in madeen sari after you do somthing, can't remeber wat its just i'v seen a screan shot that calls her dagger and every one keeps calling her dagger. i have got as far as disk 4 to mamoria and she dint say anything bout it the 2 times mentioned, when you get to...i think its the first city u get to, she decieds to change her name and u get to pick it urself so help me plz im very confused

Yeah I have the same version (PAL) and she renames herself to "Dagger" after the Ice Cavern place, how can you not miss it? She gets called that from then on through out the game. And yes you can get her name (Sarah) from Maiden Sari.

She cuts her hair after her mother dies (adoptive mother) just to clear it all up.

blue_midget192
01-29-2004, 10:22 PM
wat?? where? well iv got to disk 4 near the end in mamoria and that aint happened, u get to rename her urself at some point but she never in my game been called dagger :S so i dont know wat the hell's going on HELP

TheAbominatrix
01-30-2004, 01:17 AM
You get to rename everyone, does that mean that you dont realize Zidane's real name is Zidane? There's a long scene of her becoming 'Dagger', if you missed it then replay the game. Her learning about 'Sarah' is an optional sidequest.

www.gamefaqs.com

PeTeRL90
01-30-2004, 03:30 AM
You get to rename her right after the Ice Cavern, and I mean right after.

And to rename all the other characters, you have to do some sidequest in Daguerro I think.

TheAbominatrix
01-30-2004, 03:35 AM
You get to name them when you get them in your party, dont you?

PeTeRL90
01-30-2004, 05:35 AM
Yea, but you can also rename them later in the game after doing some sidequest.

blue_midget192
02-02-2004, 05:13 PM
ok, right i know you can rename her after the ice caven, but when is this Dagger scene? (not macbeth) please someone tell me exactly where this is? because wer in mamoria and she aint called dagger.

PeTeRL90
02-02-2004, 06:29 PM
It's literally right after you get out of the Ice Cavern.

Zidane will suggest to her that she change her identity so people don't recognize her, and when Garnet asks for Zidane's dagger, that's where she gets her name from.

TheAbominatrix
02-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Yes, the thing right after the Ice Cavern is the Dagger scene, as has been said 20 times or so. The default name to rename her is Dagger, but the player gets to choose what to call her.

blue_midget192
02-03-2004, 09:49 PM
it all makes sense now, so Dagger aint her name its just the default? :) right i get it now :) thanks al for the info

TheAbominatrix
02-04-2004, 12:54 AM
Okay. Let's make this as crystal clear as possible.

Garnet was born as Sarah, we find that out later. When she's found by the Queen, the Queen names her Garnet, so at the beginning of the game, everyone knows her as Garnet. When, after you leave the Ice Cavern, the team realized that calling her Garnet in public is asking for trouble, Garnet decides to call herself Dagger.

So. Sarah is her birth name. Garnet is the name the Queen gives her. Dagger is the name she gives herself.

Flare_Star
02-04-2004, 10:35 PM
i did the eidolon wall thing and saw the writing about sarah but it didnt seem to give a hint on daggers real name, it looks as if that if i hadn't known daggers real name anyway i wouldnt have known what the heck the wall was on about.

i have not played it in ages so forgive my potential idiocy.

thehawking
02-21-2004, 10:51 PM
One of the big secrets of the game is that Princess Garnet's true name is engraved on the Eidolon Wall at Madain Sari. There is a very complicated way to reveal the truth at the beginning of Disc 4.

First, form a party with Dagger and visit Lani who is standing on Eiko's back porch. Upon arriving Lani will run away. Exit the village and return with anyone except Dagger or Amarant and talk to Lani twice. Read the message and go to the Eidolon Wall. Walk clockwise from the entrance (heading to the right) until you return to the entrance. Move just past the "!" until you hear a chime. Then walk counterclockwise back to the entrance, just past the "!" again. Repeat this 9 times, going back and forth. Make sure you hear a chime each time. On the ninth round, your HP/MP will be recovered and all status abnormalities removed.

Now read the paintings. You can read them in any order, as long as you read them all. A whole slew of extra messages appear this time. At the end, return to the Ifrit drawing and look for an extra message, revealing Dagger's true name which is... Dagger's true mum is jane and her dad ? Oh yeah... Dagger's real name is...Sarah(SPOILER !)

To rename ur characters again u hav to get the namingway card then go to the libary and tlk to tat guy

Godzilla3001
03-27-2004, 09:44 PM
"You get to rename everyone, does that mean that you dont realize Zidane's real name is Zidane? There's a long scene of her becoming 'Dagger', if you missed it then replay the game. Her learning about 'Sarah' is an optional sidequest."-TheAbominatrix (sorry, dunno how to quote)

What's the name of the side-quest?

EDIT: bugger, i just saw the quote icon....*hangs head in shame and embarrassment*

Please don't souble post. There is an edit/delete button at the bottom of your post if you wish to add more. - Murder

BG-57
03-28-2004, 02:15 PM
I find it amazing that anybody figured out this subquest. It seems needlessly complicated and counterintuitive. Anyway, I don't need to do it now that I've read the spoilers! :)