PDA

View Full Version : Why...

Andrea
01-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Why do so many hate Final Fantasy X-2? I'm aware were allowed to have different opinions on the game, but the fact it draws so MUCH venom against it is simply laughable. So what if isn't like like the other FF's, as I recall, each of them brought something new, and they were totally different to begin with. I can't see how ''it doesn't deserve the FF name'' argument comes in play. Am I the only one who feels this way.

BTW, is Bahamut still bickiring how the game is going to be awful

:rolleyes2

skatehippie
01-06-2004, 01:55 AM
I guess I'm one of the oddball FF fans....FFVIII is my favorite and I loved FFX...FFVII and IX I just didn't like as much.

But even with my uncommon tastes, I really was unsure about X-2 when I first played it...I'm like, wow it's typical Sailor Moon-like characters doing cute and simple little missions (teehee! ^_^)

However after the first two chapters, you really get drawn...and hard. The garment grids and dresspheres become second nature (though I miss the sphere grid), and I was unsure about the exclusion of summoning until I found out there were special dresspheres. Also, the assortment of spheres drove me crazy guessing about the plot...like "Is it really him?" And at the moment I can't wait to find out...I'm only on chapter 3, which is truly a defining part in the game and a complete turningpoint for those who tired of its girly and simple beginnings chapters.

Honestly, some people just really aren't up for a challenge anymore. I say hey, it's a friggin RPG you can't expect to just walk around with small real-time combat like in Zelda...X-2 has a dressphere system because Square Enix doesn't wanna make the SAME game every time. Maybe if it were one main story held throughout the series, I could understand the frustration people have. But seriously, the people who compain and moan about the "junction/draw" system in VIII and the garmnet grid system in X-2 are simpletons when it comes to RPGs. No I'm not saying you're stupid, I'm suggesting that it's quite ridiculous how some people just aren't up for a challenge in terms of gameplay.

zacks_clone
01-06-2004, 02:24 AM
I think it was the empty storyline.I like the game and all,but it seems very...empty and I think it is the story

cykak
01-06-2004, 02:52 AM
Those people can just F*** off. Its nice to have stuff thats different once and a while. FF X-2 may not be as good as FF X or any other FF game. But if you play X-2 its actually fun and quite enjoyable.

arcdragon9
01-06-2004, 03:13 AM
Well, I'd have to agree with you, skatehippie. You have said what I've been trying to say. ..Besides if every FF had the same systems for everything you people would complain about that. You never think that these people who make these make them to their liking as well as ours....You don't like it, go aahead and complain....that's you right, but after a few days shut up....no-one likes a whiny person who complains.....and I'm not trying to be offensive. These are the only words I can think of in order to convey what I'm trying to say, which if you don't get...just ignore me. People never understand my talking anyway.

twobitmage
01-06-2004, 07:06 PM
to put it simply, some people just need something to bitch about. They tirelessly look for any minor fault just so they can look more intelligent for finding it and capitalizing on it

Radje
01-06-2004, 09:54 PM
People who play a game only to find things wrong with it will only find things wrong with it. a player who accepts whatever comes enjoys a game.

arcdragon9
01-07-2004, 03:19 AM
Exactly! That pretty much hits the nail on the head for bitchy ppl.

m4tt
01-07-2004, 04:12 AM
It's a fun game. Job system = win. Some people just don't like scantly clad womens. ;)