PDA

View Full Version : Thinking further (SPOILERS)

Ultros0
01-07-2004, 03:37 AM
Do you think Square is trying to give us a message with the whole Yevon thing?

TheAbominatrix
01-07-2004, 03:47 AM
Not really, no.

Unless Square has been giving us these messages of corrupt governments and religions all these years in order to train us to rise up against America and bomb the harbor... like in that episode of South Park...

Ultros0
01-07-2004, 04:10 AM
think about it... Yevon, they believed in a god. With the teachings and prayer, which never did them any good. Think about what we do.....

TheAbominatrix
01-07-2004, 04:15 AM
Think about it, it's a video game, not some anti-religious pamphlet.

Yevon was very much like a government in the world of X. Almost every FF game has had a suppressive, evil government to deal with. Baron, the Empire, Midgar, Galbadia, Alexandria. So if Square is making statements with this, I assume it would be anti-government, and not anti-religion.

Not to mention that Yevon did do them good. The teachings of Yevon are what kept these people going in their darkest hour, what gave them hope to get rid of Sin. Just like blitzball was their way of forgetting their problems for a while. I'd say it did them plenty of good.

Ultros0
01-07-2004, 04:40 AM
what im saying is... it'd be ironic if we realize all of our teachings were fake. To keep us content and happy, fakely.

TheAbominatrix
01-07-2004, 04:43 AM
For all we know, every religion on the world is fake. And, on that same token, for all we know they're all real and true. We'll probably never know until we die.

Ultros0
01-07-2004, 04:43 AM
but it would work... it originally organized the people and ended anarchy

TheAbominatrix
01-07-2004, 04:52 AM
But what would work?

Ultros0
01-07-2004, 05:16 AM
it explains the birth of religions...

TheAbominatrix
01-07-2004, 05:22 AM
This has been known for quite some time. Religions were created to explain the unexplainable, to give people hope. People need something to believe in in their darkest hour. The people of Spira had this hope that if they repented their sins that this nightmare they were living would eventually end. This is the basis for most religions, whether they're true or not. Most people wouldnt bother with something they got nothing from.

Iceglow
01-07-2004, 07:17 PM
also Religions were used in the middle ages to keep the people in line basically you notice how the lords and the kings ect stayed in power... The divine right of kings in England basically states that God Chooses the king therefore the King is the embodient of God and we must all do what he asks.

We know that to be untrue now but back then treason was thought of as one of the greatest sins.

Also Religion stopped a lot of interbreeding because people thought yeah she's my sister but I want to sleep with her. But religion said do that and you'll spend eternity being punnished. See how religion works now?

the Game is after all a game but theres no hidden or overt anti religion based messages in it