PDA

View Full Version : Omega Ruins tresure chests

penance
01-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Hey people,
I've been visiting this site and browsing the forums for a while now so I figured it was about time I took the effort to register myself. How is everybody?

Anyway, down to business,
Most people have probably realized by now that you can get x99 Warp spheres by opening all twelve chests in the Omega Ruins. What I'm Wondering is has anybody actually managed to do this and roughly how many atempts did it take them. You see I've probably tried a good 200 times and not had any luck yet. Pretty frustrating hey. Any kind of input would be appreciated. Thanx.

SeeDRankLou
01-08-2004, 10:27 PM
I have done this before. I read about how to do it on gamefaqs.com. I find it infinitely close to impossible to do this without the aid of something though. I must have tried at least 100 times on my first game before giving up. On my second game I got it.

I used the aid of my metronome. An analog clock that ticks every second would work the same. After I started using my metronome, I had it in about ten tries. It's really simple once you get the hang of it. When you are approaching a chest, make sure you arrive infront on the chest on a beat. Then wait for however many beat, then on the appropriate beat open the chest. You must be somewhat quick about it because if you take too long in all the rooms except the one with four chests, the remaining chests will just disappear. It is doable though.

If you didn't know what I was talking about (and for anyone else reading this that didn't), I'll explain. Go to a room with chests. Lets say there are three chests. So when you get to the first chest, arrive next to it on a beat. Then, however many chests are in the room at that time, wait that many beats and then on the appropriate beat open the chest. For example, there are three chests in the room. You arrive at a chest on a beat. Then wait.....beat....beat....(and open the chest on this) beat. And you got it. Like I said, the three rooms with less than four chests have a time limit, so be semi-quick.

penance
01-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanx a lot. I havent got a metronome lying round but ive got a clock that ticks pretty loudly. I'll try that:D

Lord Xehanort
01-14-2004, 03:50 PM
I'd be happy just to get through Omega Temple. Those Great Malboros keep ambushing me with Bad Breath! *breaks FFX* I got so mad in there that I just left and beat the game.

Phantom_Dream
01-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Go do the chocobo race at the place where belgemine is, open 3 chests and win, get Master Theif, keep stealing in Zanarkand dome from Undead Priest thingies, 30 Cangles of Lives and you got yourself no Encounters.

Lord Xehanort
01-19-2004, 10:41 AM
OMFG! THAT ACTUALLY WORKS IN THERE!?! I got Master Thief (for Kimahri not Rikku 'cuz she's too weak) but I SO never thought of that!

Xander
01-19-2004, 11:30 AM
You also have a chance of winning a weapon with the No Encounters ability on, when you fight that underwater thing at the place where Tidus first came in. I can't think what it's called now. >< Haven't played it in so long. It's some underwater temple or something, the same place where you have to put the spheres to get Anima... you get there by entering new map co-ordinates on the map.

Lord Xehanort
01-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Baaj Temple?

Xander
01-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah, that's the place :p That's how I got my No Encounters weapon. It's great being able to run around without getting into battles :D