PDA

View Full Version : Beating Seymour

EveningCross
01-10-2004, 04:04 AM
Hey, my little brother is playing FFX for the first time and he's fighting Seymour in the homeland of the Ronsos. You know, the place where it's snowing. Anyway, he can't beat him because Seymour banishes every aeon that he uses and he uses this thing called "Total Annihilation!!!" I'm sure that you all have heard of it. Does anyone have any suggestions of what he could do to get around this? Is there a way to deflect "Total Annihilation!!!" or a way to live through it without having 2,000,000 hp? He would like to know and I promised that I would ask. Thanks to all who respond.

Aerio
01-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Get all yer aeons maxed to over drive before fight and then fight it for you can use overdrive then attack and if you can get the players to their overdrives to for they can use it...when he starts sparking i think he's getting ready to use the move which is almost impossible to live through but he should be low on HP when he does that so just try and unleash all yer overdrives and save yer strongest Aeons overdrive for last

Flare_Star
01-10-2004, 10:49 AM
how many threads have i seen with the same topic.....

Maxico
01-10-2004, 05:45 PM
probably 213124115 since ffx came out. Just keep whacking him.

EveningCross
01-13-2004, 12:03 AM
Sorry, I don't usually come to this forum because I don't own FFX so I didn't mean to repeat the same one... again. Thanks for the tips though. I'll be sure and let him know.

CactuarKing
01-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Also try levelling his characters up a lot first! That is what I did!

eternalshiva
01-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Well, you know guys, those comments were not necessary, this guy needed help, not a *wtf we already answered this question 8 months ago* just put the URL in to direct him to the correct thread next time :/

Storm
01-13-2004, 11:40 PM
To avoid getting creamed by total annihilation, cast SHELL on everyone of your characters. It's probably a good idea to have Auron, Tidus, and Wakka take the attack, as they most likely have the greatest amount of hit points.

Also, you should cast Bio on him at the beginning of battle. It takes off 1500 damage ever time Seymour moves.

Good luck.

SomethingBig
01-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Shouldn't he cast protect instead of shell? If you have Big Guard from fighting Biran, cast that in the beginning and Auron should survive the attack. I suggest using Mega Flare in the beginning, seeing as how it does, or should, more than 10,000 damage. Just keep pummeling him with overdrives and he should die very quickly.

Lord Xehanort
01-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Seymour Flux eh? Ok... Bio is a good idea. (but I was stupid and forgot to activate its node for Lulu) I Mixed an Electro Marble and a Petrify or Silence Grenade and silenced him for a few turns. Also Aeon Overdrive. He was going to use Total Annihilation, but he died right before he could. (Thank you Energy Rain!) Attack Mortiorchis, this will sap Seymours health for more damage than you can probably do. (until Morti drops to 1000 damage, then hit Seymour) My last tip, when he casts Reflect on himself, Dispel it! Then laugh as he deals about 1400 damage casting Flare on himself!

CactuarKing
01-15-2004, 05:22 PM
Then laugh as he deals about 1400 damage casting Flare on himself!
Ho ho ho!!

Cloud45
02-13-2004, 09:25 PM
all u need is hastega and all aeon overdrives should be easy after that

xenapan
02-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Storm
To avoid getting creamed by total annihilation, cast SHELL on everyone of your characters. It's probably a good idea to have Auron, Tidus, and Wakka take the attack, as they most likely have the greatest amount of hit points.

Also, you should cast Bio on him at the beginning of battle. It takes off 1500 damage ever time Seymour moves.

Good luck.

IMO.. dont survive it.. it takes AGES to let him get it casted.. so kill him before it comes out. and aeons only last ONE turn because he uses banish. so either use the overdrive or dont bother with them at all (most people i know didnt need to use aeons by this stage anyways)

bio works good and so does casting dispel on him when he starts casting flares *rofl*