PDA

View Full Version : emerald weapon video

twobitmage
01-10-2004, 06:54 AM
you might have seen this

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/benner02/

(follow the instructions)

But even if you did, could someone explain to me how he did this trick? I know he mastered several mime materia and counter materia and somehow got it to cause multiple attacks but im still confused..

Mo-Nercy
01-10-2004, 08:58 AM
I wish I knew japanese. I can tell you it's Ungarmax. He mimed his first limit. Does having more than 1 Mime materia mean you mime more than once? I would assume so after watching that. And that seemed to be Counter materia since Barret immediately used Ungarmax after Emerald attacked him. I'm not sure on the 2 items that Cloud used on Barret though.

Shockwave Pulsar
01-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Wow that was friking amazing...
First cloud uses 2 "hero drinks" (using W-item) which will raise the strenght of your character in a battle, then barret uses ungarmax, and the tricky part comes after that... he seems to have a blue materia (which is unknown, might be quadra magic) and a mime master (one of them in every spot, functioning togheter), that will make barret mime a bunch of times... at first i though it was a counter like you al but counter was a pink materia i believe, this is a blue. besides barret doesn't attack after ruby hits him if you look carefully. he has mbarrier by the way (which i also don't know how because he never casts it and has no magic materia in his arsenal, the only possibility is that hero drinks also casted barrier and magic barrier but that's something i don't know). please some japanese schoolar come quick!!
by the way, whatever this trick is i'm sure it might have something to do with having the character after barret dead...

Lost Heretic
01-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Shockwave Pulsar the only possibility is that hero drinks also casted barrier and magic barrier but that's something i don't know).

Hero Drinks only raise your stats for the duration of a single battle.

Originally posted by Shockwave Pulsar
at first i though it was a counter like you al but counter was a pink materia i believe, this is a blue.

There are two different 'counter' materia. The first is Counterattack (where you just do an unmodified fight) and the other is Counter. Counter allows you to counter with a paired materia, such as Fire. You may be able to use counter in junction with mime, but I don't know (since I do not have mime...nor any colored chocobos)

twobitmage
01-10-2004, 07:17 PM
its counter and mime, thats been confirmed

Zifnab
01-10-2004, 09:00 PM
What happens to Cloud's HP after his turn?

katana
01-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Alright, so can you do that with a character besides Barret? Like miming omnislash or something?

Mo-Nercy
01-11-2004, 02:12 AM
by the way, whatever this trick is i'm sure it might have something to do with having the character after barret dead...
The middle character being dead only serves one purpose. To increase the chances of Barret getting hit and therefore activating the reign of terror that is eight Ungarmaxs in a row.

twobitmage
01-11-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by katana
Alright, so can you do that with a character besides Barret? Like miming omnislash or something?

though im guessing that because they DIDNT use omnislash that it only works with certain limit breaks

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-11-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by JenovaˇRebirth
What happens to Cloud's HP after his turn? The purple text that comes up says "Haste."

Numisma
01-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by twobitmage
though im guessing that because they DIDNT use omnislash that it only works with certain limit breaks

one thing i do know is one character cannot mime a limit break of another character. i once tried having Tifa mime Finishing Touch and up popped a message "cannot mime 'Finishing Touch'". so it looks like it has to be your own limit break that you mime.

Mo-Nercy
01-11-2004, 08:37 AM
But if you switch Barret with Cloud. ie, Barret throws the Hero Drinks, Cloud uses Omnislash, gets hit, counter-mimes eight times....That should work just fine. But I'm guessing the maker of that video chose to use Ungarmax because it's a quick limit break that deals loads of damage. Using Omnislash instead of Ungarmax would probably take longer.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Yeah, at the end they make a big deal out of the "1 minute 18 seconds," so it must have been another time attack thing.

DMKA
01-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Uhh...the link isn't workin' for me...could ya check it and fix it? Or somethin'.... :/

Sjalle
01-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Link's broken lol can't see it.

Shockwave Pulsar
01-11-2004, 05:51 PM
It's gone, even the path straight to the file is broken, and i don't think the thread starter is the owner of the page... maybe somebody with a domain could upload it and give you a link...

twobitmage
01-11-2004, 06:10 PM
hmm it shouldnt have gone down if you followed directions..

anyway if you REALLY want to see it, i'll leave aim on today and i'll try to transfer the file to you

Name is Twobitmage1

DJZen
01-18-2004, 09:45 PM
Ain't no directions to follow, unless you meant the "Replace this page with your own index.html to begin creating your Internet presense." directions. Seems the guy removed his domain alltogether.

TheSpoonyBard
01-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Barret Lv. 99

Weapon: Missing Score
Mime=Counter Mime=Counter Mime=Counter Mime=Counter
Armour: Wizard Bracelet
Mime=Counter Mime=Counter Mime=Counter Mime=Counter
Accessory: Protect Ring (that's where the Barrier and MBarrier come from)

Cloud Lv. 99

Weapon: Ultima Weapon
W-Item
Armour: Wizard Bracelet (?)
None
Accessory: Sprint Shoes (Auto-Haste)

Cloud uses 2x Hero Drinks on Barret, who then uses Ungarmax. Barret then gets attacked, then uses Mime to perform another 8 Ungarmax's. However, Emerald WEAPON dies after the 6th. I'm not sure if the blue materia are Counter, as Barret selects Mime after incuring damage. It may be something like Added Cut, but I'm not sure. Either that, or it is Counter, but the damge dealt to Barret was magical, not physical.

Brood Of Evil
01-19-2004, 06:13 PM
I can't seem to access the video at all? :grr:

ForeverZeroUltima
01-20-2004, 01:09 AM
didn't work for me either -_-'

EveningCross
01-22-2004, 03:56 AM
Phew... thought I was the only one that couldn't get it to work

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-22-2004, 04:13 AM
You guys missed it. Simple. Move on.

katana
01-28-2004, 07:28 PM
lucky i downloaded it then:cool:

rigell
01-29-2004, 09:55 PM
hey, i found a website that has the file on it, hopefully this one will work. right click on the link and save target as

http://us.share.geocities.com/spontaneously_combusting_chicken/emeraldkicking.avi

later

UltimaLimit
07-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Numisma was right--you can only mime your own limit breaks. But the hell with Barret, use Omnislash. That's how I killed Emerald.

Del Murder
07-31-2004, 06:48 PM
Don't revive old topics, please.