PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOOOOO! WHY HAVE I BEEN FORSAKEN?

edczxcvbnm
01-10-2004, 10:10 AM
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2004/1030.html

Square Enix Abandons Chrono Break Trademark in the US
01.09.04 - 9:40 PM

Square Enix has abandoned its trademark Chrono Break with the US Patent and Trademark Office. However, the status of the trademark Chrono Brake, which has been registered by the company at the Japan Patent Office remains unchanged.
The two differently worded trademarks have resulted in a lot of speculation and hope among many fans for a third installment of what is arguably one of Square Enix's most popular RPG series. After the completion of Final Fantasy XI, scenario writer and Chrono series mastermind Masato Katou quit the company to become a freelance writer, most recently lending his talents to MonolithSoft and Namco's Baten Kaitos.

This is just utterly terrible news. Looks like a new Chrono game is wanning into oblivion. :crying2: ITS JUST NOT FAIR!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-10-2004, 10:29 AM
BYE CHRONO BREAK

Edgar
01-11-2004, 12:37 PM
BOOOOO!!!!!!

Killy
01-11-2004, 04:21 PM
However, the status of the trademark Chrono Brake, which has been registered by the company at the Japan Patent Office remains unchanged.

There may yet be hope.

ForeverZeroUltima
01-11-2004, 11:30 PM
*shrugs and goes off find the missing two endings in Radical Dreamers*

Yamaneko
01-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Time will tell, hopefully.

ChocoboRider
01-12-2004, 11:17 PM
yes, the name may remain, but will just not be the same without the genius of Masato Katou.

Germ Hamee
01-13-2004, 01:16 AM
>.< Well that's... extremely frusterating. I was hoping the merge with Enix would = more creative decisions from the company, but I guess I was wrong. Looks like they're going to keep milking the Final Fantasy cow and completely ignore a wonderful series begging to be made a trilogy. Argh. *screams in frusteration*

Outsider
01-13-2004, 03:22 AM
So it looks like they won't make it, or at least not soon, huh?

Good... I guess it's better to wait a little, until they can come up with some good stuff.

"Final Fantasy" name is already screwed up after some awful games, I would hate to see "Chrono" name ruined too... Well, they already tried to ruined it, I guess... *cough*Chrono Cross*cough*

edczxcvbnm
01-13-2004, 04:26 AM
Chrono Cross was an excellent game. While the story was a bit confusing, they need a 3rd game to keep with the concept of no destiny or fate. I guess to each their own.

They could always hire Masato Katou to do another game just like they hired Mitsuda to do Chrono Cross. Mitsuda already said that if there were to be another Chrono game if there would be one.

ForeverZeroUltima
01-16-2004, 01:55 AM
how dare you outsider! *shakes fist*
CC was my favorite game!
and i won't tell u why! :P

Volke
01-21-2004, 01:55 AM
Chrono Cross was probably my favorite game of all time after FFVIII and it would be terrible if it didn't get a sequel, but... It doesn't sound like that they arent making the game. To me that article just makes it seems like they might just be calling it somthing different in North America. Or maybe I'm just a wishful thinker...

edczxcvbnm
01-21-2004, 05:56 AM
I think you are just a wishful thinker. It has been 2 years since the original was picked up and nothing has happened. Not even rumors. I can honestly say that now square doesn't do jack that I like outside a game or 2. They pissed away every good series they had.

All I want the to publish is some nice original Tri-Ace games like Valkrye Profile and not more crappy Star Ocean games(the series is completely inferior to Tales).

ChocoboRider
01-22-2004, 11:29 PM
it's all so bad it makes me want to cry.

they've sucked all the life there is out of final fantasy, cc did the same to chronotrigger, and they dont have another decent series to build on.

instead of more final fantasy games, i think they should come out with either a long series based on the original "sword of mana" or come up with a completely new game/series.

i dont think there ever will be a 3rd installment for ct

Outsider
01-23-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by ChocoboRider
it's all so bad it makes me want to cry.

they've sucked all the life there is out of final fantasy, cc did the same to chronotrigger, and they dont have another decent series to build on.

i dont think there ever will be a 3rd installment for ct

Amen.

Magus
01-23-2004, 01:56 PM
how can that b possible ... :cry: ... NEVER Chrono Serie cannot stop like that !? after ALL that time waiting for that 3rd game 2 come out they can't do that 2 us ! *loads shotgun*:hot: grrr ...

master01
01-23-2004, 02:28 PM
im sooooooooooooooooooooo gald that im from europe...
we get traslated from both japan and the u.s. so i dont care so much...
well, after ill get the game... if anyone will be in israel...
(ya right...)

TheAbominatrix
01-23-2004, 02:37 PM
If they dropped the copyright over here that probably means they wont make it at all, not that they'll make it and exclude the U.S. That wouldnt make sense. Not only has Square had a pretty good track record of sending it's games to America (especially the ones like the SNES releases of FFIV and VI that never saw Europe), it would be insane to rule out the large American market for these games.